Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Lande
  • 1 Post By Mulch
  • 1 Post By Lande

Thread: Waiting time on T1??

Soulwalker

Default Waiting time on T1??

I have run a few T1's dungeoon..

and most times it's like 10-30 min wait..

Today i qued from 16:00 to 19:00 and only poped up once after 45 min but one person declined inv so i was back in que again..

then i went off que made dinner and now i been in que again sins 20:00 my time is 21:00 atm so i wounder how long is it gonna take??

Looked for announcement that say dungeoon server are down but cant find any.

Imo 30 min should be maxed to wait.. tbh

My max wait is ten seconds as a tank. Then I hit decline because I just like seeing it pop, but would never do a PUG.

EDIT: And what do you expect Trion should do about this? They can't control how many people queue as tanks and healers.
    Last edited by Lande; 09-07-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Please don't rely on the LFG tool. It should be your last resort, after you've asked your friend's list, guild, and other social channels.

I did a T1 yesterday, in a character that's full raid gear, but only because someone asked me.

If you're new to the game or new to your server, send some whispers, make some noise in level-50 chat, make some friends. Not only will you get groups much quicker, but you'll enjoy the game more, too.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ventrox View Post
    I have run a few T1's dungeoon..

and most times it's like 10-30 min wait..

Today i qued from 16:00 to 19:00 and only poped up once after 45 min but one person declined inv so i was back in que again..

then i went off que made dinner and now i been in que again sins 20:00 my time is 21:00 atm so i wounder how long is it gonna take??

Looked for announcement that say dungeoon server are down but cant find any.

What roles did you queue up as?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    Please don't rely on the LFG tool. It should be your last resort, after you've asked your friend's list, guild, and other social channels.

I did a T1 yesterday, in a character that's full raid gear, but only because someone asked me.

If you're new to the game or new to your server, send some whispers, make some noise in level-50 chat, make some friends. Not only will you get groups much quicker, but you'll enjoy the game more, too.
    This. A thousand times this.

MMOs are so much more fun when you go in with old or new friends, not random people who are just there for quick loot.

All LFG systems rely on other players wanting to do those dungeons as well.

The need and desire to run T1s drops daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lande View Post
    This. A thousand times this.

MMOs are so much more fun when you go in with old or new friends, not random people who are just there for quick loot.
    Thats assuming a lot...

Just becuase thats more fun for you doesn't mean its more fun for everyone.

Maybe the person doesn't want to dungeon with their friends becuase they are always expected to do X and on roll on gear for X and what they really want to do is y and roll on gear for y. So they want to pug so they can y without being hasseled about it.

to me there is a certian large amount of funess (new word) to getting a group of random people with unknown skill sets and figuring out a way to make that group successful at the task at hand instead of steam rolling through the thing in 45 minutes.

Sometimes i like the challenge of having a a less than amazing healer and fair to somewhat low dps. Makes me better for when random events/ everything doesn't go to plan in organized raids/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by titansgrip View Post
    All LFG systems rely on other players wanting to do those dungeons as well.

The need and desire to run T1s drops daily.
    Yeah its going to be a huge problem in another 3 months i think. healers and tanks that are new level 50s won't be able to progess to t2s because there won't be anyone running t1s because of crafting gear allowing dps to skip t1's.

I think they are going to have to indroduce soloable content that gives you plaques.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Majsharan View Post
    Yeah its going to be a huge problem in another 3 months i think. healers and tanks that are new level 50s won't be able to progess to t2s because there won't be anyone running t1s because of crafting gear allowing dps to skip t1's.
    There is crafting gear that allow healers and tanks to skip T1's as well.

I think they are going to have to indroduce soloable content that gives you plaques.
    My hunch is that before the game even launched, Trion was planning the solo dungeons as a surrogate for 5-mans. The plan prob'ly times the launch of them based on a criterion of the number of T1s and T2s that are run per day.

When those dungeons come out, new players can do them, then learn 5-man tactics in the master-level dungeons.

I like that they've set up a scaffolding.

im guessing your dps?
    try adding support ..
    Orchide (Kelari) | eXile Corp (Rocket Science) | Assassin/Marksman
    Level: 60 (R80) | Server: Zaviel

Thats assuming a lot...

Just becuase thats more fun for you doesn't mean its more fun for everyone.

Maybe the person doesn't want to dungeon with their friends becuase they are always expected to do X and on roll on gear for X and what they really want to do is y and roll on gear for y. So they want to pug so they can y without being hasseled about it.
    Is this honestly a serious answer?

If you can't run a dungeon with 'friends' because of whatever reason, it doesn't even matter the reason, then they aren't friends.

If any of my friends told me to roll x class and only take y equipment, I would actually physically slap the **** out of them. If I were still in the Army, they would be going to Monday formation explaining to their NCO that they some how fell down the stairs.

Course my friends know better then to try to tell me how to play a game. They respect my decisions and we have fun with whatever makeup we have.

In other words, if you have 'friends' or 'guildies' like that. Time to find another set of friends or guildies.

Quote Originally Posted by Taemien View Post
    Is this honestly a serious answer?

If you can't run a dungeon with 'friends' because of whatever reason, it doesn't even matter the reason, then they aren't friends.

If any of my friends told me to roll x class and only take y equipment, I would actually physically slap the **** out of them. If I were still in the Army, they would be going to Monday formation explaining to their NCO that they some how fell down the stairs.

Course my friends know better then to try to tell me how to play a game. They respect my decisions and we have fun with whatever makeup we have.

In other words, if you have 'friends' or 'guildies' like that. Time to find another set of friends or guildies.
    My friends aren't like that but i as in a guild that was like that for about 2 weeks before i bailed. But I wasn't really talking from personal experiance in that part, I was just giving a reason why some one might find it more fun to pug then go with friends. People like to think their prefrences for games (or anything for that matter) are everyones prefrences which isn't the case and need to be shown another point of view from time to time.

+ Reply to Thread