+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By laughingskull

Thread: Chronicle Greenscale's Blight: The Fallen Prince

Default Chronicle Greenscale's Blight: The Fallen Prince

Here is some footage of my run through the new chronicle on the PTS the first day it came out.

Now for what i thought of it...

Compared to the HK chronicle, i enjoyed this one a lot more. The fact that you play through basically the entire instance instead of just two rooms is nice from a causal perspective. Being able to see Greenscale's Blight will be fun for casuals/new 50's and the fact that the bosses use similar mechanics to the full raid is very enjoyable. The modified boss fights are very well done apart from Duke and dont feel like dumbed down versions of the full blown raid. If you have done the full 20 man GSB raid the mechanics will seem familiar, yet there are some obvious changes. My thoughts on each boss are as follows.

Duke: This fight is a joke and needs some more mechanics or something. He does nothing except summon a pack of 4 adds roughly half way through the fight. This is lame. Maybe a mechanic bugged out and i didnt see it, and i hope this is so, but if that is not the case, this fight needs something more. It is a complete faceroll and will pose no issue to any group. He is a boss and should at least put up a fight not feel like a 5 mob trash pull.

Infiltrator: YES YES YES! By far the most fun i had in this instance. The mechanics are simple and should not be hard to beat. I had no issues with this boss, but again i was in T1 tank raid gear. The only things i have against this fight are
    1) Trash at the other end of the room seems out of place
    2) Room feels to large. Take out that trash pull and shrink the room slightly to make this feel more intense. Very fun fight though and if a group is new to planning where they put the bombs, it may pose some trouble.

Oracle: With the current build the werewolves are overtuned. Even in my tank gear and a 51 VK spec those things hit like damn trucks. Obviously this is pre-tuning which is why i know this wont be an issue. They should still hit hard, but not over the top. The wisp mechanic is fun and the need to plan interupts is nice too. This fight gave me the most trouble overall mostly because the wolves and then the healing wisps. The orange wisp that spawns too i am not quite sure what it does so maybe buff w.e it is supposed to do (im thinking its a damage increase)

Hylas: Boring. Its fun that Atrophenious (Rifts Onyxia) is fighting with you, but the only thing you have to worry about with Hylas is running out when he wraths. Is there anyway to spice up this fight? If so please do Trion. Oh and really? He heals himself? That is just annoying with such a boring fight.

Greenscale: Ok let me say first off i dont like that we kill GS or really any of the bosses. It feels like a lore break/cheap to us raiders who kill them in the 20 man mode, but besides that...
    His fight is fun. I like that the 3 NPCs fight with you. It makes it more reasonable that you would be "soloing" the dragon of life. When i went through this place GS did bug out for me.

First off, he pulled when i was killing the skele guys keeping him locked down. I could not attack him, but he started throwing his plants at me before the skeles were down.
    Secondly, after his air phase he landed and just continued to beat on me. He did not throw any more plants. I am pretty sure he is supposed to do something else after the air phase. I will be interested to try this guy again when he isnt bugged.

Overall comparing GSB chronicle to the HK one, GSB is better. The boss mechanics are more fun, it feels like an actual instance not just a preview of Hammerknell, the layout is good, the actual story involved is very interesting, and overall it is just more fun than the HK one. If i had to give them scores from 1-10, HK would get a 6 and GSB would get an 8.
    Dragonskull - Faeblight: <Betrayle> Warrior Tank/DPS
    Laughingskull - Faeblight: Warrior DPS
    www.youtube.com/laughingskull92

Shield of Telara

Watched the video.

Overall 100 times better than HK one. which was fail. However I think they shut part of it out because people havent seen much of HK yet. So I am figuring in a while all of HK will be a chronicle.

Also I don't think its overtuned. . . You soloed Oracle in Tank Spec. By yourself. . . I don't see that as overtuned even if you are full T1 Raid gear. Next time someone lower could bring a healer.

Prince Fight - Meh Boring as above posted. Would be cool if LGS came out and one shotted atorphinus or something.

Infiltrator - looked awesome solo!!!

Duke - Adds... yay... more adds.... Huh?

Oracle, meh, boring in the 20 man too.

LGS. . . Lower the DPS of the 3 people helping you, just seemed to go quick. Make more plants spawn, and make it so you have t get the debuff to kill them imo. Shrink his room.
    Last edited by Pooshonmyshoos; 09-07-2011 at 06:28 AM.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Quote Originally Posted by Pooshonmyshoos View Post
    Also I don't think its overtuned. . . You soloed Oracle in Tank Spec. By yourself. . . I don't see that as overtuned even if you are full T1 Raid gear. Next time someone lower could bring a healer.
    i dont disagree that yes with a healer this would be easier, but again, i am looking at this and thinking they will try to match the difficulty of the HK one. In that case, they just hit to hard. Im sure we will see the sweeping nerf bat across the instance like we did in the HK one.
    Dragonskull - Faeblight: <Betrayle> Warrior Tank/DPS
    Laughingskull - Faeblight: Warrior DPS
    www.youtube.com/laughingskull92

Rift Disciple

Wacthed the video, i have to agree looks way better than the HK chronicle one (HK looked sorta sad to be honest)

I think its nice that they get to actually run thru the whole zone and see all the "psuedo" bosses rather than the just the 2 in HK

I think they should hold off on the HK chronicle untill later, and much later when they do release it make it the whole zone, simplified of course like the GSB chronicle

would make more sense to do a GSB, and then RoS chronicle before ever doing the HK chronicle
    DROW <Brotherhood of the Spider>-- Shatterbone --- 20mans:: 5/8 ID, 11/11 HK, 5/5 GSB, 4/4 ROS{} 10mans: 4/4 RotP , 4/4 GP, 4/4 DH //\\ Foxplay PA Level's counter: 1034 (T2 PA cap makes me sadface)

I got Greenscale to 1 HP before his airphase and he just stayed at 1HP and proceeded to kill me with his paws.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Not sure if its intended, but Oracle eventually stops spawning wisps after 20 or so. Was the only reason I was able to kill her with my low DPS mob-farming build.

+ Reply to Thread