+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pricia

Thread: Need more items to spend plaques and marks on... why bother with dungeons?

Ascendant

Default Need more items to spend plaques and marks on... why bother with dungeons?

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of content really beneficial for raiders right now. I got over 1000 extra plaques farming t2s for marks and a couple items, and I'm now very close to buying my last piece of t3 gear.. What then? Master dungeons will just give me more marks I don't need, I guess I'll run them if a few drops are interesting, but that's about it... If you already have t3 gear, why bother with them?

We need more incentives to run dungeons. At this point *any* new use for plaques and marks would be great.. making them account transferable, adding costume armor, letting us trade up, adding accessories for 100-200 marks... ANYTHING.

This is just boring. It seems there's nothing to do apart from raids anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    This.

I know the master modes are coming, and Attunement will help with this issue, but we will all still have tons and tons of plaques rotting. Let me buy Eternals with plaques please. Minor Cats are totally worthless now, i have 100 sitting in my bank, cus they are worth less than 1p. I don't care, you can make Eternals cost 25 plaques a piece for all i care, just give me some way of getting them other than mindlessly farming crafting rifts with morons all day. Heck, you could even make them cost raid marks, 5 raid marks per eternal.
    Last edited by Gyle; 09-06-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Prophet of Telara

I vote for more gear choices. Failing that, let plaques be converted to marks at some equitable rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    I'm a little disappointed by the lack of content really beneficial for raiders right now. I got over 1000 extra plaques farming t2s for marks and a couple items, and I'm now very close to buying my last piece of t3 gear.. What then? Master dungeons will just give me more marks I don't need, I guess I'll run them if a few drops are interesting, but that's about it... If you already have t3 gear, why bother with them?

We need more incentives to run dungeons. At this point *any* new use for plaques and marks would be great.. making them account transferable, adding costume armor, letting us trade up, adding accessories for 100-200 marks... ANYTHING.

I agree that plaque build up is a problem but I'm not sure we need new things to spend it on.

Instead, they should lower the lockout timers on 10 man dungeons to 3 or 4 days. That way people would run 10 mans more and not farm T2s as much leading to fewer plaque hordes. Change the mark drop from 3 to 2 on 10 man bosses and decrease the lockout timer to 3 or 4 days. Then you only get 8 marks instead of 12 from a 10 man but you have the chance to run it twice a week. Win!

At this point I run six 10 mans across 3 toons each week and it's all done by saturday so afterwards and for the rest of the week I run t2s that I don't really need. It would be nice to be able to run more 10 mans with my guild mates who don't play as much without resorting to pugging 2-3 a run.

Another alternative...let us convert plaques into other currencies like planarite, plat, sourcestones, marks, w/e. Or...if you really wanna get the QQers going let us transfer them to other characters on our accounts =)

If Rift really wants to be a dynamic game, it will add much more things to do outside of dungeons and raids entirely. Rifts shouldn't be it. We should be able to build our own stuff, enter different planes, etc.

But yeah, as long as dungeons and raids are the main things to do, I would agree that being able to buy more with those marks would make sense. maybe allow you to use marks at the vanity cloth vendors, or maybe make new wardrobe items entiredly. It'll be the "I did waaaay too many expert dungeons for my own good" wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    Change the mark drop from 3 to 2 on 10 man bosses and decrease the lockout timer to 3 or 4 days. Then you only get 8 marks instead of 12 from a 10 man but you have the chance to run it twice a week. Win!
    This is a good idea.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Telaran

you know... its really not that hard or that big of a grind to get the mark stuff from t1 vendor,,, and if your complaining to be bored after getting all possible sets on your char and still have 1000+ plagues then maybe you should take a nap or something :P and if you really want to play rift,,, you can always try to get all achievements =D

+ Reply to Thread