+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DPS, is there something im missing? (mages, wars, and rogues)

Shadowlander

Default DPS, is there something im missing? (mages, wars, and rogues)

Ok so weve been raiding for about 6 weeks now, maybe 5, none of us have been into raids before and we already killed prince in GSB. We arent going to try greenscale yet though due to a large lack in gear. However we started RoS and noticed we are getting our arses kicked. Here is what our DPS is compiled as.

Our rogues are running sabodancer - they are pulling just over 1k
    Our mages are running pyro/ele - they are pulling 1150ish
    Our warriors are running 2h para or dw and are sitting between 1200 and 1400 dps.

Each person is sitting at only 2-3 pieces of raid gear.

Are these numbers too low for what they should be pulling? Do we just need to get more gear and thats about it?

Ascendant

if the mages dont have good gear(t3+) id say pyro/ele is the wrong spec to run.

necro/lock probably their best bet

also, you guys need to be maximizing raid dps. Tank should provide spotters. Archon should be debuffing. You should have a BM warrior that provides companions rage(5% dmg increase for raid)
    Last edited by TheRealKillian; 09-05-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Plane Touched

The numbers look ok generally speaking.

Trash in River of Souls has quite a variety of mechanics compared to GSB. While you are learning which mobs do what you will have an easier time if you run 2 or 3 tanks.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by arcanis411 View Post
    Ok so weve been raiding for about 6 weeks now, maybe 5, none of us have been into raids before and we already killed prince in GSB. We arent going to try greenscale yet though due to a large lack in gear. However we started RoS and noticed we are getting our arses kicked. Here is what our DPS is compiled as.

Our warriors are running 2h para or dw and are sitting between 1200 and 1400 dps.

Are these numbers too low for what they should be pulling? Do we just need to get more gear and thats about it?
    RoS is a lot harder than GSB at first, I have literally wiped more times on the first trash pull in RoS than I have on Greenscale, but anyway your DPS numbers are fine, and are more than enough to kill greenscale. Seriously, killed greenscale with my guild last week and there's only 5 of us who can consistently put out over 1K DPS.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lepple View Post
    RoS is a lot harder than GSB at first, I have literally wiped more times on the first trash pull in RoS than I have on Greenscale, but anyway your DPS numbers are fine, and are more than enough to kill greenscale. Seriously, killed greenscale with my guild last week and there's only 5 of us who can consistently put out over 1K DPS.
    those were dummy numbers tho, they seem lower on bosses

Rift Disciple

You may be overhealing some encounters, the numbers look generally ok for starting out GSB and RoS numbers. Just like Infiltrator raids start to limit how many healers you can put in a raid via dps cheacks.
    DROW <Brotherhood of the Spider>-- Shatterbone --- 20mans:: 5/8 ID, 11/11 HK, 5/5 GSB, 4/4 ROS{} 10mans: 4/4 RotP , 4/4 GP, 4/4 DH //\\ Foxplay PA Level's counter: 1034 (T2 PA cap makes me sadface)

Shadowlander

we killed johlen for our first time last week and since downed oracle twice and prince first time this week, we used 3 clerics and a bard on johlen

Rift Disciple

we killed johlen for our first time last week and since downed oracle twice and prince first time this week, we used 3 clerics and a bard on johlen
    2 can heal Johlen, 1 with good gear
    DROW <Brotherhood of the Spider>-- Shatterbone --- 20mans:: 5/8 ID, 11/11 HK, 5/5 GSB, 4/4 ROS{} 10mans: 4/4 RotP , 4/4 GP, 4/4 DH //\\ Foxplay PA Level's counter: 1034 (T2 PA cap makes me sadface)

Rift Disciple

Each fight has differnt mechanics, and so of course differnt amounts of heals/tanks/dps required.. We usually run 2 clerics and 1 bard on johlen... and it's mind numbingly boreing for the clerics as there is so little damage going out...

Shadowlander

well duke we started 6 weeks ago and hes on farm, hes no deal to us.
    Johlen we did the first time last weekend, and same with oracle. Now we 2-3 shot Johlen and 1 shot Orcale.
    Prince we 3 shotted. Greenscale we tried for 1 attempt then said F it we need more gear. In any case, most our emembers have 1-4 pieces of raid gear. We are 2/4 GP but been having issues on the third boss. DH we are 3/4 and we are working on hyrdiss, getting closer, the other 3 bosses we down in less than an hr. Finally we started RoS this weekend and killed all 3 foci with a decent amount of trouble but nothing serious. However we couldnt get warmaster below 20% and usually got 2-3 heals off which we need to adress and fix. In any case do you have any advice? I beent elling my guild not to even worry about RoS yet until everyone has 5-6 pieces of raid gear including badge gear, what do you guys think? For only 6 weeks of raiding is this not too bad for progression at all?

Shadowlander

well duke we started 6 weeks ago and hes on farm, hes no deal to us.
    Johlen we did the first time last weekend, and same with oracle. Now we 2-3 shot Johlen and 1 shot Orcale.
    Prince we 3 shotted. Greenscale we tried for 1 attempt then said F it we need more gear. In any case, most our emembers have 1-4 pieces of raid gear. We are 2/4 GP but been having issues on the third boss. DH we are 3/4 and we are working on hyrdiss, getting closer, the other 3 bosses we down in less than an hr. Finally we started RoS this weekend and killed all 3 foci with a decent amount of trouble but nothing serious. However we couldnt get warmaster below 20% and usually got 2-3 heals off which we need to adress and fix. In any case do you have any advice? I beent elling my guild not to even worry about RoS yet until everyone has 5-6 pieces of raid gear including badge gear, what do you guys think? For only 6 weeks of raiding is this not too bad for progression at all?
    P.S. we use spotters orders constantly, we also use an archon and a bard but we have no beat master
    Last edited by arcanis411; 09-05-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Rift Chaser

Honestly it seems like your dps is doing just fine. If any of your raiders have grinded up to rank 6, they can get some gear that way (some pieces which don't natively ever have hit can be used for pvp gear slots).

If you have like 1 warrior that is rank 8, that would significantly boost your entire raid's dps. A big thing with your raid dps will be the weapons - do whatever you can to upgrade your rogues and warriors' weapons. Mages, well, mages unfortunately do not have great single-target dps. They really do shine on AoE fights, so if you have a couple of decent mages, that would make Greenscale a lot easier. Honestly I felt like a lot of the old RoS trash (pre-nerf) was harder than greenscale sometimes.

Also what someone else said, try not to over-heal fights. Hylas is probably the most heal-intensive fight in GSB. I feel like if you can kill Hylas, you should be able to kill greenscale.

Good luck.

It's really not the gear. Especially post-nerfs RoS, just a matter of practice. With those dps numbers, you could get warmaster without even a full raid, but it's a matter of players being aware.

As you saw with the foci and the GSB bosses, dps really isn't very important, except that a short fight gives less opportunity for SNAFU.

General of Telara

You should be fine for greenscale dps-wise assuming your tank/healers don't suck. But as said before, if your healers aren't in panic mode on Hylas, they'll be fine on the chicken.

Also if you really want more gear before going for the chicken, split your raid in 2 and go own GP/DH. That will be 32 extra pieces of loot for your entire raid and ~27 extra marks per raider. And if the gear issue is HP related, train the HP banner in guild perks and plant that on every attempt.
    Last edited by Ethanol; 09-06-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Telaran

For us we cleared GSB to hylas like 4 times then switched to RoS get 3 foci WM and Plutonus down and did that for 2 weeks with another 2 clear to hylas and then we finaly able to down GS (Pre GP/DH) its all about keeping everyone calm on LGS one person gets into a panic it spreads like wildfire and people start dying to stupid things. Once you beat him you will be like what was the big deal? and then the Golds will flow like water! Good luck on Herald also thats a tough fight to master.
    Baroom-Warrior-Shatterbone
    Recruiting for HK in Chaos Rising http://chaosrising.guildlaunch.com/forums/
    T1 Raid Cleared 2/10 HK.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast