+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro, is it good enough to main heal a lower level Dungeon?

Telaran

Default Chloro, is it good enough to main heal a lower level Dungeon?

What do you guys think.

I tanked a whole lot with my Warrior in the 20-40 range and found that Chloro had a hell of a time keeping the main tank up. They were superb support classes but found them extremely lacking in single target healing.

I leveled my mage in a week by queuing as a healer from level 20-50. Solo heal t2s now. First T2 I solo healed was my first t2 on that toon and I did it in 2 crafted pieces and blues. DSMx. No support.

At low levels the chlro really needs to optimize spec. This is the hardest healing will ever be as a mage- 51 point Clro is E-Z. For level 1-49 healing as a mage I suggest you go hybrid Clr/Lock/Archon. When you hit 50, totally respec as 51 CLr/ 10 Lock / 5 Ele.

Work toward this build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ckMR.xx0V0Vqxo

Make a macro as:
    #show Ruin
    cast [ctrl] Pillaging Stone
    cast [shift] Searing Vitality
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Ruin
    cast Vile Spores

Use just that for most situations. Nature's Fury is useful if you got a bunch of mobs, keep it handy if you can squeeze it in a fight. Doesn't hurt to pre-load Radiant Spores but don't waste GCDs keeping it up once in the fight.

Make use of Natural Conversion on caster mobs, it doesn't pull aggro so you can pre-load it as well as spores. A macro with cast Radiant Spores -> Natural Conversion is a great tool to double tap on a caster mob before a pull.

If you can keep those archon zero point buffs going, that's not bad thing either. Ctrl and Shift modifiers in the macro let you toss out either buff rather quickly in non stressful pulls once every 5/mins.

Obviously Bloom, Flourish and Nature's Cleanse should be accessible for emergencies.
    Last edited by titansgrip; 09-05-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Telaran

I did find out you can throw up Radiant Spores before a pull and it doesn't aggro anything. So that helps.

Qia

Chloro can solo heal all non-expert dungeons and all expert dugeons. Can solo heal Tier 2 dungeons with Tier 1 gear.

Soulwalker

Yes it is possible, but a support healer helps alot. I found Consuming Flames from Archon very helpful at low level healing.

Prophet of Telara

At low levels clerics just completely out heal chloros but hit 50 and its another story. You do need to go 51 into Chloro if you want to be dedicated tank healer however for a raid support healer probably 44 would suffice.

Personally I've gone with Dominator as the second soul to get Acumen and Deny as the first give +10% intelligence and the latter gives a second and better cleanse than the chloro cleanse. Also you get the always useful/fun transmogrify, lightning strike and other CC measures + a last ditch mana regen in the form of mana wrench.

Then I have archon as the good old 0 point soul for your free widsom/intelligence/endurance thanks to Searing Vitality and Pillaging Stone.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    At low levels clerics just completely out heal chloros but hit 50 and its another story. You do need to go 51 into Chloro if you want to be dedicated tank healer however for a raid support healer probably 44 would suffice.

Personally I've gone with Dominator as the second soul to get Acumen and Deny as the first give +10% intelligence and the latter gives a second and better cleanse than the chloro cleanse. Also you get the always useful/fun transmogrify, lightning strike and other CC measures + a last ditch mana regen in the form of mana wrench.

Then I have archon as the good old 0 point soul for your free widsom/intelligence/endurance thanks to Searing Vitality and Pillaging Stone.
    I solo healed all dungeons on my Chloro.

Soulwalker

Yes it is true that a cleric outheals a chloro at lower levels, but non the less, a chloro can main heal all pre 50 dungeons.

Not only is it possible but it's a good way to familiarize yourself with chloro's abilities.

The only caveat about pre-50 chloro healing is that the heals tend to be punctuated i.e. they come in big bursts which can be unnerving for some tanks.
    Last edited by Gumdrop; 09-06-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    I solo healed all dungeons on my Chloro.
    My post did not hint that you couldn't I was just stating the build I use and that clerics will outheal chloros at low levels - nothing to say that it wasn't possible.

More often than not the problem with lower level dungeons is actually undergeared tanks in which case as a chloro your problem is further compounded. It takes a good player to be a good chloro - whereas cleric healing is fairly simple but its certainly doable provided you dont have a tank who pulls dozens of mobs at once or is undergeared.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

+ Reply to Thread