+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LFG Support role defined where?

Shadowlander

Default LFG Support role defined where?

I have tried "Search" with no luck.
    Can someone point me to where the LFG support role is defined and what Trion uses to let you choose it?

Banned

You hover over the ? in the LFG tool. Basically, Buffs + Damage + heals = support . . . you just have to know when to focus on each one.

Shadowlander

Thank you for the quick and civil response.

Prophet of Telara

Support for LFG is basically off heals, practically speaking the buffs don't factor in for most dungeons.

Cleric requires at least 22 in Justicar.

Mage needs Chloro I think. Might work with Archon.

Rogue needs Bard. le
    Last edited by Phage; 09-05-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Support for LFG is basically off heals, practically speaking the buffs don't factor in for most dungeons.

Rogue needs Bard. le

Mage can have archon and I saw someone with a chloro/elem build that was marked as support; you may be able to get support with any even split 33/33 chloro/anything else, I haven't tried. A 51 chloro will have Healer icon. Archon's are awesome for raids, not so good for dungeons. Not that you can't be effective in a dungeon with an archon, it's just rare you actually require support for the dungeons that are out now.

Telaran

Rogue needs Bard. le
    I've been able to queue support as a Mage while being full Dom, Arch or Chloro.

Plane Touched

Cleric is based on level. My level 20 inquisicar has 12 justicar 14 inquisitor, and can queue as tank (wth?) and support. At level 50, for some reason 22 justicar is needed, however, most people fill the offhealing role just fine with 11-14 justicar.

For some reason the sytem qualifies you for tank and support on cleric at the same time which is silly, because there's no way you can get all the mitigation you need for tanking in that few of points, and 22 is way too justicar heavy for most offhealing builds. The solution is to either have a true tank role, or a solo elite tanking role if you don't ever want tank for other people, where you can maximize your non shield based mitigations, and maybe even toss in the 2k super heal. Then you can spec support without ever actually having to use more than 11-14 justicar.
    Last edited by Randhi; 09-06-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Randhi View Post
    Cleric is based on level. My level 20 inquisicar has 12 justicar 14 inquisitor, and can queue as tank (wth?) and support. At level 50, for some reason 22 justicar is needed, however, most people fill the offhealing role just fine with 11-14 justicar.

For some reason the sytem qualifies you for tank and support on cleric at the same time which is silly, because there's no way you can get all the mitigation you need for tanking in that few of points, and 22 is way too justicar heavy for most offhealing builds. The solution is to either have a true tank role, or a solo elite tanking role if you don't ever want tank for other people, where you can maximize your non shield based mitigations, and maybe even toss in the 2k super heal. Then you can spec support without ever actually having to use more than 11-14 justicar.
    Cleric requires a role w/ at least 1/3rd of the possible points spent in justicar (9? at level 20, 22 at level 50) to queue as support.

Chloro is funny for a mage...I believe 51 chloro / 15 lock is shown as healer and 51 chloro / 15 dom is shown as support.

You should be able to queue for Support with Chloro, Archon, or Dom. Since Archon and Dom are labeled "Support" while Chloro opens up Healer and Support.
    Though both Archon and Dom are pretty much not needed in any 5-man.

+ Reply to Thread