+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Raid lockouts should be on a per-boss basis

  1. #1
    Ascendant JimboTCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,549

    Default Raid lockouts should be on a per-boss basis

    It's ridiculous that two separate groups who have each cleared the first three bosses can't re-form with members from other groups who have the exact same progress under a different lockout ID. When raids end up falling across two nights it means that we either have to re-form the exact same groups as earlier in the week, or get other people in and cheat them out of their chance to do the rest of the bosses that week. Neither is particularly satisfactory, and it's a stupid gameplay mechanic that benefits nobody.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    193

    Default

    That's logical. Reward failure. I like your style. So since we can only kill Murdantix I should get a 2 day lockout instead of a week, that way I can farm 3x the t2 loot and progress at a very inconsistent rate? Makes sense to me.

  3. #3
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That's logical. Reward failure. I like your style. So since we can only kill Murdantix I should get a 2 day lockout instead of a week, that way I can farm 3x the t2 loot and progress at a very inconsistent rate? Makes sense to me.

    Easiest way is if you have killed first or second etc in a raid in one group, and then you go in again with a second, you don't get any achievements/marks or loot when you kill them again, but you are still able to move through the instance with your group.

    It becomes a problem for people who do a pug in say GSB/ROS, then there guild decide to form one later in the week, you can't even enter the instance unless you are with those who formed the original one.

    Bit stupid really, you should at least be able to join after they have killed the bosses you have already killed then continue as normal as you aren't gaining anything extra at all.

    It's a stupid mechanic they use on raids to say the least.
    Last edited by Elgarr; 09-04-2011 at 02:41 AM.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgarr View Post
    Easiest way is if you have killed first or second etc in a raid in one group, and then you go in again with a second, you don't get any achievements/marks or loot when you kill them again, but you are still able to move through the instance with your group.

    It becomes a problem for people who do a pug in say GSB/ROS, then there guild decide to form one later in the week, you can't even enter the instance unless you are with those who formed the original one.

    Bit stupid really, you should at least be able to join after they have killed the bosses you have already killed then continue as normal as you aren't gaining anything extra at all.

    It's a stupid mechanic they use on raids to say the least.
    Also lacking logic. If you have a guild that raids, why in the hell are you pugging it? My alts pug GSB/RoS, because I raid on my main. Seriously, rethink your priorities. If you hate your guild that much, find a new one that won't force you to pug.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    The only merit this has whatsoever is for 20 man guilds doing 10 mans. 10 mans are a tier behind 20 mans when released, so you really shouldn't have trouble clearing them all the way through, and it seems like a lot of work (and potential room for bugs/exploits) to accommodate a very minor problem.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That's logical. Reward failure. I like your style. So since we can only kill Murdantix I should get a 2 day lockout instead of a week, that way I can farm 3x the t2 loot and progress at a very inconsistent rate? Makes sense to me.
    I don't think you read the OP.

  7. #7
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Also lacking logic. If you have a guild that raids, why in the hell are you pugging it? My alts pug GSB/RoS, because I raid on my main. Seriously, rethink your priorities. If you hate your guild that much, find a new one that won't force you to pug.
    Rofl, you think every guild out there is hc? Or raids regularly, there is a lot of people trying to get enough peeps into their guild so they can raid, but still plenty who want to join pugs.

    So yes its perfect logic, just because you and I don't suffer with a problem of getting to raid in the guilds we are in, doesn't mean there isn't loads of others who don't.

    It won't affect peeps who already raid, and they won't get any additional loot over anyone else, so why begrudge people, when it has no effect on you at all.

    Some people really think they are the centre of the universe.

  8. #8
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I don't think you read the OP.
    And yes your right, he didn't read what the op was trying to say. Just spotted a thread and decided to post in it.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Keota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    It's ridiculous that two separate groups who have each cleared the first three bosses can't re-form with members from other groups who have the exact same progress under a different lockout ID. When raids end up falling across two nights it means that we either have to re-form the exact same groups as earlier in the week, or get other people in and cheat them out of their chance to do the rest of the bosses that week. Neither is particularly satisfactory, and it's a stupid gameplay mechanic that benefits nobody.
    Sounds like you're having major trouble against the organization boss. Here's a hint, if you can't organize 20 people multiple nights a week, something's wrong with: A) Your raiders, or B) the raid leader.

    To remedy this, you either recruit people who will show up, or you don't raid.

    Do not call for Trion to fix something that is not broken.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

  10. #10
    Ascendant JimboTCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    So much rage and Trion defense over a relatively simple gameplay change.

    We have about 25 raid-geared people at the moment - more than enough for one GSB/ROS group (or two simultaneous DH/GP groups) but not enough for two (or three). So the people who signed up late can either wait around all week and hope to get a reserve spot and severely reduced loot if we don't finish everything as quickly as we'd like, or they can pug it and we end up scrabbling around later in the week for people who aren't already locked.

    I'm sure the current system works fine for people who like raiding as a closed group of 20 people who never take any time off or try and get other guildies geared up and learning encounters, but for those of us who like to raid casually it's an annoying feature with no real benefit.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Keota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    So much rage and Trion defense over a relatively simple gameplay change.

    We have about 25 raid-geared people at the moment - more than enough for one GSB/ROS group (or two simultaneous DH/GP groups) but not enough for two (or three). So the people who signed up late can either wait around all week and hope to get a reserve spot and severely reduced loot if we don't finish everything as quickly as we'd like, or they can pug it and we end up scrabbling around later in the week for people who aren't already locked.

    I'm sure the current system works fine for people who like raiding as a closed group of 20 people who never take any time off or try and get other guildies geared up and learning encounters, but for those of us who like to raid casually it's an annoying feature with no real benefit.
    I'm hearing "We have too many raiders, not enough spots, and I don't want them to feel left out."

    That's chivalrous of you and all, but you are not the first person with this problem. I would venture to say a vast majority of RIFT guilds don't posses the man power to run multiple 20 man groups, and I estimate most (RIFT) raiding guilds keep between 20-30 active players on their roster. So we're practically all in the same boat there.

    The only solution is to rotate players in for raids, so not always the same folks are sitting. That's what my guild does, that's what my friends' guilds do, and no one complains. When it's your turn to sit, you sit, and then you don't sit again until everyone else has once.

    Don't tell me you haven't thought of this.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    Sounds like you're having major trouble against the organization boss. Here's a hint, if you can't organize 20 people multiple nights a week, something's wrong with: A) Your raiders, or B) the raid leader.

    To remedy this, you either recruit people who will show up, or you don't raid.

    Do not call for Trion to fix something that is not broken.
    Troll detection alarm. Please go troll somewhere else.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts