+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Thoughts on Master Mode Dungeons

Default My Thoughts on Master Mode Dungeons

Here are my thoughts on Master Mode Dungeons (only tested mDSM)...

1) Trash is to easy.

I am pretty sure we over geared the instance (RT1 gear or a mix of R8 and RT1 gear), but the trash felt to squishy. It hit hard, that much is for sure. In mDSM, the decapitators and the slashers (undead with the daggers) hit hard and we did notice this, but their sheer lack of health made them die way to fast.

2) Boss Fights did not feel hard

I will go over each boss later in the post, but in short, they did not feel hard. They felt like that had a new mechanic and that was it. Their health was way to low and we burned through them just as if we were in eDSM.

3) Loot is good

Of the pieces we saw, it was on par with RT1 gear. There was actually a bow that dropped that i would have liked on my live character. The bosses were not dropping any sort of marks yet and i will be interested to see exactly how many they drop (i hope only one).

4) Well Designed Boss Fights

Of the 4 bosses i tested, they felt good. Not just like the devs just added new abilities and said "go at it". The added abilities/mechanics worked well with the mechanics from reg and eDSM.

5) Lack of Bugs

Shocker! Trion put out an instance without many bugs!!! <trollface.jpg> There was one on Dichrom which made him unkillable, but on the other 4 bosses they felt good. Little/no bugs and the fights went smooth.

That is what i took from the mDSM run i had. Now, on to bosses.

Overseer Markus:
    This fight needs some work. I am not saying the fight is bad, but the tuning needs some work. For starters, the boss is squishy. REALLY SQUISHY! We killed him very quickly and for a master mode dungeon, i would hope he would still take some effort from those in RT1 gear. His added mechanics are good and on your first pull he will kill you. Once you figure out what just wiped your group, you should two shot him assuming your heals/tank/dps are where they need to be. It is a fun fight and gave my group and i a good laugh when he killed us. Damage wise, he does not hit to hard, but not to soft. Feels good. Maybe a slight increase in damage would help, mostly to the two adds he summons. They need more damage and more health.

Gregori Krezlav:
    Again, tuning. He feels squishy (as really all bosses did besides Bonehew). However, unlike Overseer where they just added a new move, this fight had an overhaul...and i like that. *SPOILER ALERT* When the add phase starts and you dont see the three spawn around him in a triangle like they normally do, you kind of go WTF!?!?! but then are like LOL when you see the adds in the back of the cave. Then you go WTF thinking it may be a bug. It isnt. This change draws you into the bosses main change...and trap. I will not say anymore about this to ensure some people still get killed by this and enjoy the fun of learning what killed you or, as most will, looking at a guide. I would like to say though that the Delver add he summons is perfectly tuned. Good amount of health and he hits like a truck. The adds in the back seemed to die quickly and without any real trouble. I would really just give Gregori some health and thats it. The damage he chucks out is fine and does hurt in RT1 gear. It may be to much for undergeared players...and i like that.

Bonehew the Thunderer:
    By far the most fun i have had on a boss in the game for a long time. The beauty of this new and improved fight is how its not new and improved. It is basically the same fight as eDSM, yet a billion times more hectic and annoying at times. Group execution is going to be key for this. Out of the four bosses we fought, Bonehew was the hardest. We wiped a good 8 times on this guy before the kill. His damage he puts out feels good. His health, though it is not much, feels fine because of all the running and movement in this fight. Plus when one split dies, it heals the other and that makes the fight go on longer. Out of the four bosses, this one felt the best and i really enjoyed it.

Gatekeeper Kaleida:
    I can only imagine the dev meeting when they were trying to figure out how to adapt this fight into a master mode format. There must have been that one guy who has a good sense of humor who went "why dont we just make him throw more crystals? that would be hilarious!" So thats what the dev team did. He now throws 2 of each type of crystal...
    REALLY TRION? REALLY? YOU HAD TO GO THERE!?!?
    /sigh
    Dont get me wrong, this fight is a lot of fun, but really? Of all the things you could do to this fight you chose the ONE thing that would just make our lives hell. I LOVE IT!!! This fight is a lot of fun and for my group we had a lot of fun and were yelling quite a bit as two of each crystal went flying this way and that. It was amazing that first pull going "oh gosh. this is not going to be pretty" and then finding our fears to be confirmed. Now, tuning is going to be needed. We downed this guy in two attempts. His health pool is to small and the damage he does might need a SLIGHT increase. Dont go all crazy with the buffing. We did get low a few times and did loose one player during the kill attempt, but he does seem to be lacking some damage. The main thing with this fight is that two of the four crystals can, like on eDSM, be completely ignored. Air and Water are not a threat and we just ignored them. Obviously earth and fire are the pains, but i think a good tweaking of the abilities of the water and air crystals is in order to make them worth moving away from, or in to, or something other than us just enjoying the soothing blue color crystals as nothing more than something to look at.

Dichrom:
    He was bugged. Could not kill. Went immune (as im sure you know Dev team). We dont know what caused it and there was no way to get him out of his god-mode.

That about sums it up. To see footage (w/ commentary) of each boss fight click on the link below.
    Dragonskull - Faeblight: <Betrayle> Warrior Tank/DPS
    Laughingskull - Faeblight: Warrior DPS
    www.youtube.com/laughingskull92

Sounds good so far. I wouldn't be surprised if the bosses being squishy has to due with testing mechanics triggered by health percentages, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

Issue with the video. Around 6 minutes in, a second voice track comes in and it's pretty much aids to listen to until 7 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
    Issue with the video. Around 6 minutes in, a second voice track comes in and it's pretty much aids to listen to until 7 minutes.
    ya someone else pointed this out. im sorry for making this mistake. this is the new link to the video (if you click it right after i post this it may still be uploading)
    Dragonskull - Faeblight: <Betrayle> Warrior Tank/DPS
    Laughingskull - Faeblight: Warrior DPS
    www.youtube.com/laughingskull92

+ Reply to Thread