+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Stop nerfing Gilded Prophecy

Rift Master

Default Stop nerfing Gilded Prophecy

Trion

Patch day when GP was released, anarak being such a challenge. The only over tuned boss on release day was Uruluuk. Which to be honest, wasn't that big of a deal. Frustrating at first but doable.

Now with recent nerfs, you've done trivial stuff like remove trash packs? Pointless. Anarak is a faceroll, Guurloth... you can spend 5seconds finding your space bar before timing your jump, The adds can be tanked on top of the boss and AoE'd down. The boulder no longer requires cool downs to survive. Most ability's can be healed through.

Thalguur, I can survive the whole fight with less crystals each time, the debuff that steals crystals and beam that gives healing debuff no longer seem a big threat in this fight. Btw, he still bugs and exits crystals phases straight away sometimes. Maybe fix that before swinging the nerf bat.

Uruluuk, he got the nerf bat the hardest these past few swings. The first swing was probably granted to bring it in line with the other 3 bosses. But it's an end boss in an instance, it should be harder. Now he is just a cake walk like the other 3... No crystals until he teleports and does a bubble? (Btw the bug where you can log out and log back in to get out of a crystals still persists). I wasn't able to check if any nerfs happened to the idols as we got him to 30% way before that phase.

No bubble after 30% anymore, or did we just kill him too quickly?

Trion, I like challenging instances. DH/GSB/GP/ROS/HK-Murdantix-Zamira-Zilas-Prime all on farm and killed every week. Sicaron shortly added to that list.

Anyway my QQ is at the constant GP nerfs, I like a challenge. If i wanted to play an easy mode game, I'd launch GTA IV and insert some cheat codes and enjoy my free aston martin; But in rift, I wanna play for a challenge, I know i may out gear T1 raid instances, but the ****** checks in fights should still remain constant and doesn't matter what gear level, if you fail at a mechanic, thats bad awareness. Stop nerfing GP...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxt View Post
    I like a challenge.
    You're QQing about the difficulty of ENTRY LEVEL raid zones when you vastly out gear them?

You understand that this game wasn't created just for your personal enjoyment right?
    Last edited by Paikis; 09-02-2011 at 10:12 PM.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Telaran

GP and DH are for only using T2 dungeon gear. Deal with it.

GPs launch difficulty was incorrect.
    Last edited by Xyrae; 09-02-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Soulwalker

When we did him tonight the things I noticed were..

His cast speed was increased by quite a bit, disrupt from VK brings it back to the usual speed but he was immune to accelerated decay from dom. Not really a huge deal.

His cast range was possibly lowered, after a teleport he would run closer to me before he started casting. Which kinda solves issues with distance vs run speed on some portions of the fight. Although it wasn't really needed as it made you time when you pushed him over depending where he was, I think just out right changing the teleport locations (the south one) would of been a better solution.

No crystal until after the first teleport/bubble and no bubble during the last 30%.

His hp pool was nerfed I believe? I honestly don't remember what his hp pool was prior.

We pretty much had him almost to the last phase before he ever even got the exhaustion phase without a actual optimum setup of people. We just pushed him over in the exhaustion phase and of course the pillars still spawned while he was up on the top of the stairs.

In the last 30% you can just ignore the pillars and kill him as long as you purge the damage reduction buff. The gold buff that increases his damage really had no significant effect on his damage for the most part apart from him killing himself faster on aoe reflect.

Pretty much the fight was trivialized in line with the old expert to new expert dungeon nerfs. I liked the challenge of the old one but I'll take my free loot pinata so thanks Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    You're QQing about the difficulty of ENTRY LEVEL raid zones when you vastly out gear them?

You understand that this game wasn't created just for your personal enjoyment right?
    It's not a matter of being overgeared - GP was, for us at least, always one of the places where just being overgeared wasn't much use and you still had to pay attention to mechanics. I'll be very disappointed when we run it next week if it's really been nerfed *that* much.

But, having said that, I can see where they're coming from if it's been retuned more in line with DH as a real entry-level raid. It's just a shame if what was a nicely challenging dungeon that you could still blast through in an hour or so with a bit of practice has been nerfed that badly.

Telaran

Trion please make GP harder since i can already farm some HK bosses so i want you to buff it, i do not care about other people because my $15 is bigger than their $15, this game is all about me!

Just buff it i want a real challenge with my raid gears who cares about other noobs in T2 gears.

<removed by poster>
    Last edited by Inixia; 09-04-2011 at 10:08 AM.

aux

The usual. Trion Hood, taking from the people that enjoy a challenge, and giving to the ... less gifted... people.
    I'm so BORED

GP seemed more or less the same for us with the exception of Uruluuk. Over the last few weeks we have been steadily gettin better and faster at killing him, last week we were only a 4-5% short of getting him to 30% during his weakened phase before he spawned the idols. This week though with what seemed like less crystal spawns, especially the 1st one before teleport and he no longer casts his big aoe during the last 30% he was just too easy, we almost killed him faster then anrak. It was a bit dissapointing to see what usually required all our focus compared to previous bosses suddenly became a cakewalk.

For reference we are mostly GP/DH/T2 geared, we've never stepped foot in any of the 20mans and have only raided for 2 months but I do suppose it will provide a fair challenge for those new to the raids. We end up having more deaths on trash then the bosses sometimes, go figure. To be fair, if what i read is true they will be offering a 10man with HK like difficulty in 1.5 so thats something to look forward to for those who are dissapointed.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxt View Post
    Trion

Patch day when GP was released, anarak being such a challenge. The only over tuned boss on release day was Uruluuk. Which to be honest, wasn't that big of a deal. Frustrating at first but doable.

Now with recent nerfs, you've done trivial stuff like remove trash packs? Pointless. Anarak is a faceroll, Guurloth... you can spend 5seconds finding your space bar before timing your jump, The adds can be tanked on top of the boss and AoE'd down. The boulder no longer requires cool downs to survive. Most ability's can be healed through.

Thalguur, I can survive the whole fight with less crystals each time, the debuff that steals crystals and beam that gives healing debuff no longer seem a big threat in this fight. Btw, he still bugs and exits crystals phases straight away sometimes. Maybe fix that before swinging the nerf bat.

Uruluuk, he got the nerf bat the hardest these past few swings. The first swing was probably granted to bring it in line with the other 3 bosses. But it's an end boss in an instance, it should be harder. Now he is just a cake walk like the other 3... No crystals until he teleports and does a bubble? (Btw the bug where you can log out and log back in to get out of a crystals still persists). I wasn't able to check if any nerfs happened to the idols as we got him to 30% way before that phase.

No bubble after 30% anymore, or did we just kill him too quickly?

Trion, I like challenging instances. DH/GSB/GP/ROS/HK-Murdantix-Zamira-Zilas-Prime all on farm and killed every week. Sicaron shortly added to that list.

Anyway my QQ is at the constant GP nerfs, I like a challenge. If i wanted to play an easy mode game, I'd launch GTA IV and insert some cheat codes and enjoy my free aston martin; But in rift, I wanna play for a challenge, I know i may out gear T1 raid instances, but the ****** checks in fights should still remain constant and doesn't matter what gear level, if you fail at a mechanic, thats bad awareness. Stop nerfing GP...

Yeah brah, my guild went in and ***** him.

Butwe were doing 10k DPS. . . Highly doubt T2s can do 10k DPS lol.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Trion has already explained why they do this plenty of times and I think it's right. The hardcores get a run at the un-nerfed versions. They get the loot, clear the place out, then HK came out. Hardcore people are having their fun there, but casuals need to have fun, too. That is where nerfs come in. So casuals can have fun and gear up, too. Eventually, HK will be farmed of all its precious shinies and be nerfed when the next tier is getting ready to launch. It's really quite simple and the right thing to do to keep the vast majority of Raiders(of the non-hardcore kind) happy as well.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Shadowlander

Yeah my guild is who the 10 man content is aimed at (mostly tier 1 and tier 2 dungeon gear along with some of the gear from drowned halls and GP and currently don't have the player numbers to enter GSB). We had already cleared them but were really disappointed when we got to uruluuk. Even in our gear we were able to skip entire phases. We didn't have to worry about the shrine phase because we got him to the last phase long before that.
    Last edited by Ebulus; 09-03-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Trion has already explained why they do this plenty of times and I think it's right. The hardcores get a run at the un-nerfed versions. They get the loot, clear the place out, then HK came out. Hardcore people are having their fun there, but casuals need to have fun, too. That is where nerfs come in. So casuals can have fun and gear up, too. Eventually, HK will be farmed of all its precious shinies and be nerfed when the next tier is getting ready to launch. It's really quite simple and the right thing to do to keep the vast majority of Raiders(of the non-hardcore kind) happy as well.
    And to add to this, keep in mind that the new 10 man is coming either this patch or next patch. The achievements for it are live on the PTS so it may actually be snuck into this patch. So they may be nerfing it slightly to widen the progression path. WoW does this, it allows peopel to more easily gear up for the new content.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

GP has the best designed boss encounters in the game, IMO.

Wish they would have simply adjusted some of the wonky / buggy mechanics. Uuuaurkklalal (I'm not gonna spell that nonsense properly) recent teleport fix was a good change. But some of the other changes to the boss mechanics seemed very unnecessary.

Doing GP in t2 dungeon gear was not difficult at all. While I am not one to claim "omg the casuals ruined everything!", in the case of GP's tweaks... that might be true.

-1 Trion. :|

This thread is the equivalent of someone in full raid t1 complaining that caelia the stormtouched in xCC got a nerf...

At 1/2 the bosses on farm in HK anything below RoS is going to look easy. Look at it this way, all the hardcore raiders who care about world firsts get a huge epeen bump with nerfs like this. Now it will be impossible for anyone to have completed the dungeon the way you did.

So either world firsts mean nothing since eventually everyone beats the same content OR world firsts do matter and developers close off the elite club by nerfing content so no one else can join. Either way you can still l2p spam 50 chat when people down a boss three content tiers below you and crack a huge smile on your face.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast