+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Single player instances

Soulwalker

Default Single player instances

I just want to put out to the developers I had no desire to get to 50 it just was not here for me. But I came back completely for the one player dungeons.

This is a fantastic Idea and I hope it continues to expand. My hope would be eventually this play style will be represented in all mmo's . You like to raid for awesome loot go raid. You want to do 5 mans for awesome loot go to it. You want to solo here is awesome loot.

Players should play how the want and this idea I could not applaud enough TY Trion TY

A resub

Quote Originally Posted by zonfire View Post
    You want to solo here is awesome loot.

Wouldn't get that excited if I was you

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    is possible they could give nice loot, T1 grade loot atleast

my major problem is mages will be playing solo dungeons on easy mode(massive damage and krazy heals done by that damage) compared to the rest of us normies :P
    {WinterXI >>>> 13th Edition}

It's not "awesome" but it's designed to help gear fresh 50's and provide some additional story for lore junkies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmXI View Post

my major problem is mages will be playing solo dungeons on easy mode(massive damage and krazy heals done by that damage) compared to the rest of us normies :P
    You don't think the duracell cleric build will do just as well?

Anyways, loot wise.. i'd expect blues at best. From what i've seen of the HK solo, mobs do next to no damage.

Soulwalker

Im getting excited because I believe there internal research after this launches is that it will be extremely popular with the silent majority that do not like grouping. If I am right and this is the case further single player dungeons will be added creating another teir of progression for the solo peeps.

The gear does not have to be raid quality just a little better than the first solo dungeon so you can handle the next solo dungeon just like raiding.

Champion

Im getting excited because I believe there internal research after this launches is that it will be extremely popular with the silent majority that do not like grouping. If I am right and this is the case further single player dungeons will be added creating another teir of progression for the solo peeps.

The gear does not have to be raid quality just a little better than the first solo dungeon so you can handle the next solo dungeon just like raiding.
    Hate it or love it, this is probably the future. Raids require too much work, and more importantly cooperation, on the part of a demographic that by nature is selfish.

Disagree with selfish? Look at the many, many posts by raiders who are angry that someone else has the same stuff they had last month. I will grant that not every single raider is completely ego-centric, but most of the posts I have read claiming to be raiders certainly are.

As far as the work and cooperation, if you have ever done a single raid, you know what I'm talking about. In the best of guilds, just getting everyone to the dance on time is no mean feat.

Back on topic, I like that they are doing smaller scale content. I don't like to solo things necessarily, but I do enjoy a smaller group. I also like having the option to solo if none of my close friends happen to be on. I wouldn't mind using the LFG if it had a dbag filter.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

I played the Chronicles on PTS and while the idea is awesome... many are gonna be disappointed, I think.

Its very easy, short and limited content. The first Chronicle is only a "dungeon" in so much as it takes place in a closed area. Otherwise, the mobs, challenge and rewards are no greater than soloing a Major Rift.

Its also very short and simple. Like literally, 2 hallways. 2 hallways.

Im getting excited because I believe there internal research after this launches is that it will be extremely popular with the silent majority that do not like grouping..
    If this is true Rift will become basically a FPS masquerading as an MMO.

It's not much of a jump, considering where the game is at now and the increasing movement towards tailoring the game to the instant gratification individual player.

It could be that Trion sees that segment of the marketplace as their key demographic. Moving away frm group and PvP content makes sense from a financial standpoint - they cost more to develop, test and maintain than solo content.
    Last edited by Vexille; 09-02-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelon View Post
    Disagree with selfish? Look at the many, many posts by raiders who are angry that someone else has the same stuff they had last month. I will grant that not every single raider is completely ego-centric, but most of the posts I have read claiming to be raiders certainly are.
    Someone said the majority of posts on a forum here are actually the minority and do not represent most people. They said the actual people are too busy playing the game.

So if that's true, you're wrong.

Cosmetic items and mounts drop in them.

That's reason enough to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by titansgrip View Post
    I played the Chronicles on PTS and while the idea is awesome... many are gonna be disappointed, I think.

Its very easy, short and limited content. The first Chronicle is only a "dungeon" in so much as it takes place in a closed area. Otherwise, the mobs, challenge and rewards are no greater than soloing a Major Rift.

Its also very short and simple. Like literally, 2 hallways. 2 hallways.
    I saw the videos of some guy with a funny voice running it here

VERY short. Like Gary Coleman short.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmXI View Post

Mages are also the only class without a tank spec. If anyone has things easy, it's clerics, although the combination of mage pets and heals is certainly powerful for soloing.

They dropped a plaque but I didnt see if it was one for each boss, and blues so anyone looking for higher might be disappointed.

Anyone looking for a fun thing should be happy for a month if they add more every month.
    Last edited by Eorith; 09-03-2011 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Quoted post has been removed

I just want the mount...thats all I want! I want the mount :C
    Hoss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast