+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bigxmac
  • 2 Post By Chronicar

Thread: Sign up for different roles in different dungeons.

Soulwalker

Default Sign up for different roles in different dungeons.

I have recently gotten full T1 gear for tanking and can't tank a T2 still. my armor just isn't good enough to make it possible for the healer to keep me alive. however i can tank a T1 dungeon perfectly and I can easily DPS in T1 and T2. So i would like to make a proposal to Trion to allow you to sign up for different roles for different difficulties of dungeons at the same time(for example sign up for tank and DPS in T1 and just DPS in T2) and before that I would like to have a couple other opinions on this topic. please respond so i know how the rest of the world feels on this situation.
    Last edited by Bigxmac; 09-02-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Ascendant

I could keep you healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigxmac View Post
    I have recently gotten full T1 gear for tanking and can't tank a T2 still. my armor just isn't good enough to make it possible for the healer to keep me alive. however i can tank a T1 dungeon perfectly and I can easily DPS in T1 and T2. So i would like to make a proposal to Trion to allow you to sign up for different roles for different difficulties of dungeons at the same time(for example sign up for tank and DPS in T1 and just DPS in T2) and before that I would like to have a couple other opinions on this topic. please respond so i know how the rest of the world feels on this situation.
    I've tanked T2 w/ just the min reqs for T2 fine. Maybe check your spec or something. Also yah that's a good idea.

Soulwalker

well thanks for replying so quickly. to be honest i have THE best tanking spec for keeping aggro and i got basically all the good abilities like upgraded shield buff increases healing and all the armor increasing abilities however the second boss in deepstrike mines killed me. i was going good for a while but the healer just couldn't keep up at the end and I'm fairly sure it's my armor. but anyway keep responding about what I really wanted to talk about which is the random Que sign up.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bigxmac View Post
    well thanks for replying so quickly. to be honest i have THE best tanking spec for keeping aggro and i got basically all the good abilities like upgraded shield buff increases healing and all the armor increasing abilities however the second boss in deepstrike mines killed me. i was going good for a while but the healer just couldn't keep up at the end and I'm fairly sure it's my armor. but anyway keep responding about what I really wanted to talk about which is the random Que sign up.
    Were you interrupting his cast ability that has a blue bar? Did your DPS focus on the melee add he spawns?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    Were you interrupting his cast ability that has a blue bar? Did your DPS focus on the melee add he spawns?
    This... if you aren't interrupting his cast you're dead unless you VASTLY outgear the content.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    If you're not interrupting, it's time for you to re-learn these dungeons in expert mode. Go here - http://ciderhelm.com/?cat=8

Ascendant

If you look at the achievements for the bosses they sometimes give you hints as to how to beat them easier. That particular boss has a achievement called always interrupting.

Plane Touched

The adds on that boss hit pretty hard too, especially if you let them stand behind you. For lower geared tanks always make sure your DPS focuses the Devlers as they come up, and as the tank always make sure you keep them and the boss in front of you so you can block their attacks. Also, as other's mentioned make sure you are interrupting Death Blast.

On a side note that is by far the hardest hitting dungeon for tanks, so you will probably be OK in most other T2 dungeons (maybe CC will give you issues if you have low magic mitigation).

I've run with tanks that don't interrupt there. I don't care for it, but as a healer I can plan for it just as well.

I've run T2s with a tank that didn't qualify for LFG yet, and we had to run there. Just pull more carefully, it's all doable.

Obviously, this is a gear-dependent game, but there's a lot in the spec and the group.

Edit: the point I think I missed making is that it doesn't matter to Trion what "role" you sign up for, you can still do the instance the old-fashioned way. You just miss out on the bonus plaques.
    Last edited by Mulch; 09-02-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Soulwalker

WOW... I think we got off topic, But I like the direction it's going! yea so i think that i should learn the dungeons better for expert, i never realized how completely different they are. I've always just lived withe the add beating on me in normal cause he will just be spawned again and there is really no use taking DPS off the boss for that. I also did not interrupt the blue bar ability every time. so i believe maybe there is more to learn about tanking then just keeping good aggro. Another thing I'm stumped on is this. How do I see tanks with 13k HP?

Telaran

To be able to sign up as different roles for different dungeons would be an excellent feature, and I've missed it myself often when leveling 1-50.

You could for example sign as tank+dps for the dungeon you're familiar with, and just dps for the one your new too...or just low in level.

+ Reply to Thread