+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Does HK compare with Wow HMs?

Soulwalker

Default Does HK compare with Wow HMs?

Opinions? I think Zilas and Matron first week were comparable to easy wow hardmodes, like Hodir, early ICC. Sic and Molinar I'd say could be solid wow hardmodes, especially Molinar before the nerf. I cant comment on anything after Molinar, we pulled Estrode 2 times and got to 20% seems like a freebie. Any thoughts?

Champion

The crab guy is pretty easy.

Soulwalker

Tbh id say WoW hardmodes such as mim, LK, Yogg0 are far beyond certainly any of the known HK fights... no idea about aky but nothing before it looks comparable.

I dont like this game being compared to wow. I quit playing wow after my guild was the first to complete BWL.

Im kinda ticked off that this games combat system badly copies wow. I wish they would look to EQ2 for ideas to copy. it was a far better game. you can only steal so many wow subs before you have to start being innovative and original;.

Really? I found 95% of WoW's raid content to be easier then Rifts It seems to me like most WoW fights allow a MUCH bigger margin for error as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradna View Post
    Tbh id say WoW hardmodes such as mim, LK, Yogg0 are far beyond certainly any of the known HK fights... no idea about aky but nothing before it looks comparable.
    "Looks" or actually is?

Wait, have you done the fights?
    Old school raid

pvp

I think most WoW HM Bosses aren't too difficult, that said the End Bosses in WoW are a huge step up from the ones in Rift so far. A guild like Paragon wiping I think they said 550ish times in a 2 week span on Heroic Ragnaros, which is a 15+ Minute fight seems like there was more effort put into that than any Hammerknell boss so far. You also have to look at the subscription numbers. WoW has many more players, so the caliber of its high end players are going to be a step above the ones in Rift. Who knows what a guild like Paragon or Method could have accomplished in Hammerknell.
    <AWAKENING>
    Xelara - Retired Seastone Cleric - Server First 50
    10/11 HK

Plane Walker

Don't think we've put in more than 400 total attempts while learning all 10 bosses we've killed so far (probably more like 275-325). Hardcore raiding in this game is considered childs play by the top guilds in WoW so it's a little hard to compare when you consider the skill/commitment differences.
    Last edited by Value; 09-02-2011 at 10:26 AM.

As a semi hardcore raider in wow, eq and Rift I believe that raiding in rift is Greater than raiding in WoW. At least from a hardcore prospective, wow's bosses would have something to say if they were just hard. Farming the normal modes to give you gear to kill the hardmode bosses is very bland and repetitive. Give me Rifts end game where bosses are just difficult and require true teamwork.

Most wow raids you can carry a few bads and get by. Rift, at least in HK, is less forgiving. So far the final hardmode boss in Wow seems more difficult than say alsbeth and lgs. Akylios remains to be seen, at least by me, how difficult he will be.
    "Its better to look ugly and win rather than pretty and lose"-me
    "Fortune favors the Bold"-Virgil
    Rogosh of Forsaken-Rodcet Nife EQ, Karsa and Karsaorlong- WoW
    Rogosh 50 Bahmi formerly warrior of Citadel may they rest in piece.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Karsazilla View Post
    As a semi hardcore raider in wow, eq and Rift I believe that raiding in rift is Greater than raiding in WoW. At least from a hardcore prospective, wow's bosses would have something to say if they were just hard. Farming the normal modes to give you gear to kill the hardmode bosses is very bland and repetitive. Give me Rifts end game where bosses are just difficult and require true teamwork.

Most wow raids you can carry a few bads and get by. Rift, at least in HK, is less forgiving. So far the final hardmode boss in Wow seems more difficult than say alsbeth and lgs. Akylios remains to be seen, at least by me, how difficult he will be.

No offense but if you think people could be carried through freya +3 / yogg0 / mimiron or LK heroics you simply didnt do them.

akylios is propper hard

harder than any HM ive done in wow

I thought wow was harder, but imo both are pretty easy if you're not playing with people who drool on their keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradna View Post
    No offense but if you think people could be carried through freya +3 / yogg0 / mimiron or LK heroics you simply didnt do them.
    Freya+3 was lols, Mimi was the don't stand in shiz olympics, LK heroics were a snooze (Barring LK and Putricide) The only difficult fights in WoW were Cthun, Vanilla 4HM, Yogg0, and apparently hardmode raggy.

On the whole, Rift's content is more difficult than wow's loot pinata. There are some exceptional fights in wow, but the vast majority of it's content is lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ympulse View Post
    Freya+3 was lols, Mimi was the don't stand in shiz olympics, LK heroics were a snooze (Barring LK and Putricide) The only difficult fights in WoW were Cthun, Vanilla 4HM, Yogg0, and apparently hardmode raggy.

On the whole, Rift's content is more difficult than wow's loot pinata. There are some exceptional fights in wow, but the vast majority of it's content is lackluster.
    Putricide was a joke imo. Once 30% rolled around, we carried plenty of bads through hk. Just had to let them die so they didnt **** up defiles.

Quote Originally Posted by SrFamine View Post
    Putricide was a joke imo. Once 30% rolled around, we carried plenty of bads through hk. Just had to let them die so they didnt **** up defiles.
    I remember having to pay attention for Putricide, is all. LK was a joke post-30%, but that comes with the territory of effectively reducing the difficulty of the fight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast