+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greenscale Post Hotfix

Default Greenscale Post Hotfix

He will interrupt his Genesis Torrent in the last air phase and eventually reset. It totally screwed up our run. I recorded it. He did it a total of 4 times(all on Air Phase 3). Anyone else have this problem after the hotfix today?
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Rift Chaser

It's a bug that has been there since the beginning of all of GSB's existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalhealspam View Post
    It's a bug that has been there since the beginning of all of GSB's existence.
    I've never had it happen in months of killing greenscale. Also, to have it happen 4 times in the space of two hours at the end of the fight? That's almost an hour lost(12mins at that mark all four times).
    Not posting here to get suggestions or lolusux's or input. Just wanted to post this here for Trion to see since they obviously check the forums often(because of all the HK posting on this forum). We all submitted bug reports.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Champion

You killed the big add I take it? He is the cause.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by woopedazz View Post
    You killed the big add I take it? He is the cause.
    We kill that add every time with no issues. The last time I saw greenscale reset like the op describes was when we didn't have a full raid force and weren't able to kill the big guy before greenscale did himself.

So in summary... it's still buggy as hell and bugger knows what the real cause is.

Greenscale's been bugged since release. Some of the things I've seen him do:

- Get stuck in his airphase until he hits the next phase swap (thank god the attack you need the shield for stopped)
    - No shield spawning when the big dude dies (always kill him last)
    - Greenscale resetting (as you saw)

I'm sure there's more, but this is what I recall.

This happened to Aegis awhile back. The whole damn instance was buggy up the arse that time, we had lots of problems and not with just Greenscale. It just happens sometimes, it's likely not related to the hotfix.

It ruined our raid night too, but it was fine the next go-round.
    Akhet <Tabula Rasa> - Rogue
    World First Green Swirly Thing

Its not hotfix related. Weve seen that bug now and then since our very first attempts on him months ago. In total i think we have seen about 10 different bugs. Off the top of my head i can think of 8:

1: Resets in either the 3rd or 4th air phase
    2: No bracken spawns
    3: No Wisp spawns
    4: No bubble spawn
    5: Double or Triple plant spawns on individuals
    6: Exploding Plants the whole fight
    7: Stuck in the air phase until next air phase
    8: "Walks" his flight path instead of flying but still does his breath

Rift Chaser

Greenscale has a lot of bugs which have endured since release. None of the supposed strategies to prevent them actually work.

Killing the big add last does nothing. Not killing the big add does nothing. Seperating the two groups also does nothing. This is from personal experience. I have seen all of these things attempted, and the bugs still happened in a lot of cases.

You just have to hope they wont happen.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Ascendant

Second time in a row (two nights in a row) that the bubble doesn't protect us from anything and we just wipe... No way we can kill it.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Onyxia deep breaths more.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
    We kill that add every time with no issues. The last time I saw greenscale reset like the op describes was when we didn't have a full raid force and weren't able to kill the big guy before greenscale did himself.

So in summary... it's still buggy as hell and bugger knows what the real cause is.
    For what it's worth when we had lower dps we used to run into this problem a few times. The problem is almost 100% killing the big add WHEN Genesis torrent ends and GS is killing the add at the same time. If you kill the add before hand...all good and nearly everyone who can kill GS can do this. The times I observed the bug occurring were when we had him pretty low (with other adds dead, he had clearly been healed up by a mender) and were about to finish him off in the next few seconds when GS starts gobbling him up.

My thoughts from the observations:
    GS doesn't insta-kill the add. He absorbs it in about 20-30% health increments that occur very quickly (if you aren't paying attention you probably won't notice it). During this time the add is NOT immune to damage, so there is a small amount of damage the raid does to the add in comparison to GS's powerful hits over the split seconds that he eats it.

When we had this happen several times we took a few measures to try to avoid it: We had all DoTs cease application on the big add very early on, and all dps stop completely just before torrent ended and GS killed the big add (and healed himself); there was no bug present.

So what does that tell us? If the raid kills it before torrent ends = all is fine. If GS kills it at the end of torrent = all is fine. BUT If the raid kills the add in the split seconds during GS damage on the add (i.e. add is at ~31% and GS tick takes him to 1% and before the next tick can go off the raids dots, etc has killed the add) then the bubble bugs.

Can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by woopedazz; 09-04-2011 at 05:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread