+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dungeons

Shadowlander

Default Dungeons

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed, but I've searched through the forums a little bit and haven't really come across a direct thread to my question.

I have a level 50 mage and have been for a little while, I've just been playing new characters. But I'm really wanting to start getting new gear, etc. etc.. My question is how exactly do these dungeons work? I've only been able to run two dungeons so far mainly because it's taking a crazy while to join one. As many players and as many level 50s as there are on Rift I would think it would be pretty quick. I've done a few warfronts and they're pretty fast. Most of the time I join the queue for one then do dailys and such and when they're finished I normally just alt tab out and do something else and wait.

Any advice/explanation is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

~Kaeyon

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeyon View Post
    I'm pretty sure this has been discussed, but I've searched through the forums a little bit and haven't really come across a direct thread to my question.

I have a level 50 mage and have been for a little while, I've just been playing new characters. But I'm really wanting to start getting new gear, etc. etc.. My question is how exactly do these dungeons work? I've only been able to run two dungeons so far mainly because it's taking a crazy while to join one. As many players and as many level 50s as there are on Rift I would think it would be pretty quick. I've done a few warfronts and they're pretty fast. Most of the time I join the queue for one then do dailys and such and when they're finished I normally just alt tab out and do something else and wait.

Any advice/explanation is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

~Kaeyon
    Nearly everyone has a dps spec, so if you're queueing as dps you're competing with roughly everyone else for a spot.

If you create a healer role (or even support, such as archon) you'll get queues much more quickly. Keep in mind if you pick support as a role it doesn't necessarily mean you have to be support the whole dungeon. Just ask the healer

Shadowlander

Ok yeah that makes sense. Thanks!

Prophet of Telara

I have tips for you:

1) Spend platinum to buy gear. This way, you can do T1s, T2s, and maybe even entry-level raids if you have enough platinum. The day I hit L50, I spent 73 platinum and was at 221 focus without using any focus runes. This gave me options to do any dungeon and raid in the game with the exception of Hammerknell.

2) Queue in advance. I play at 8 PM so I log in and then queue using the LFD tool at around 7:45 PM then do chores / homework. Then when I sit in front of my PC, I only wait like 5-10 mins. before I get the dungeon pop.

3) If you have downtime, watch videos on YouTube or go to riftjunkies or ciderhelm's site so you can read strats for bosses (especially if you're a tank).

4) You're a mage so queue dps and support (don't try to heal yet... learn the fights first). Then ask if the healer wants you to off heal / support or if you can dps. In T2, I rarely support. Most of the time, the healer wants me to help dps to speed up the run.

Hope this helps a little.
    Last edited by m1nus; 09-01-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeyon View Post
    As many players and as many level 50s as there are on Rift I would think it would be pretty quick.
    1) Most 50s are doing raids like Hammerknell or GSB etc. these days and not gearing up in dungeons.
    2) Those who are not doing raids are running dungeons with their guild.
    3) There is like 1 tank for every 50 dps players which slows down the grouping... which is why you need to queue using multiple roles.

Shadowlander

Ok thanks a bunch. I've spent quite a few plats on new gear as soon as I hit 50. Now I'm down to like 10 plats and am having a hard time making some..

To be honest this is really the first (pay to play) MMO I've reached end game on. Everything else I got bored with. So I am fairly new to the endgame content. But I do appreciate the advice. I'm probably gonna run a new roll with archon and get a support roll going.

Any other advice is greatly appreciated!

Having a guild that runs dungeons makes things so much faster/easier. Also, if you meet tanks or healers on your shard, put them on your friendlist. If you see them online you can ask them if they are planning on doing any random dungeons and they may invite you along if you ask. Your queue will pop up much faster if you have a tank or a healer in your group. But like others said, the more roles you sign up for, the faster your queue will pop!

cleric - faeblight - <legacy of the covenant>

+ Reply to Thread