+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DH achievment Undertow

Shadowlander

Default DH achievment Undertow

is this possible, and if so please is it just engaging and wiping or is it a severe dps race to kill both bosses?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    is this possible, and if so please is it just engaging and wiping or is it a severe dps race to kill both bosses?
    In some previous attempts, the DPS was just nowhere near sufficient to have a tank+dedicated healer subtracted from the DPS list just to have Jorb in the fight.

What will probably work in the end is having a rogue kite him hard around the map, but always at a distance where he won't pull other group members. In this fashion, you shouldn't need any extra healers since he shouldn't take any damage. At the very least you want Jorb to enrage after the hives have been killed. When he resets, he won't aggro anyone else unless they are close to his spawn point. (Your group should be fighting Hydriss well up the stairs by now.)

So: burn Hydriss while a kiter keeps Jorb far away from the group, out of range to pull people in. Kill the hives and at that point if Jorb enrages/kills the kiter somehow, let him reset but don't be near him to aggro.

Again, I haven't gone with an ideal group and attempted this, so it's just some ideas based on what I've seen work and not work.
    Last edited by Ahov; 09-01-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Jorb can pull targets in front of him at any range...even tanking him where he stands all the way to the entrance.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gylas View Post
    Jorb can pull targets in front of him at any range...even tanking him where he stands all the way to the entrance.
    Nope, not true. We tested this; it worked the first time so we continued trying it, and it continued working. However, we were not using a kiter. We had a tank+dedicated healer in a far corner of the map (though closer to the entrance than the stairs)

Even when the hive near the entrance popped and we ran down there to kill it (this was the closest we got to jorb that attempt) he still did not pull anyone in, and we were well within line of sight.

That's strange, because we attempted the same thing, a wall appears that blocks off the stairs. If you have someone down there (we had a tank and healer stay down below the steps ) he still pulls random people from the group even that far away.

We also had attempts where we tanked him where we stood and a when it looked like a wipe a few people mounted and attempted to zone out only to get grabbed when they almost reached the exit.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gylas View Post
    That's strange, because we attempted the same thing, a wall appears that blocks off the stairs. If you have someone down there (we had a tank and healer stay down below the steps ) he still pulls random people from the group even that far away.

We also had attempts where we tanked him where we stood and a when it looked like a wipe a few people mounted and attempted to zone out only to get grabbed when they almost reached the exit.
    Yeah, the distance has to be further than his spawn+entrance barrier. Next time you go into his area, check the far far left. That's where you can tank him and no one gets pulled in if they're in the hive area.
    Last edited by Ahov; 09-01-2011 at 02:53 PM.

yall don't have the extra dps? Its not that hard, then again we have a pretty relic weapon decked out group. We just had a puri on the jorb tank and the jorb tank also did the dragon, that along with the warden hots, who was healing the hydriss tank, was enough to keep him up even threw the massive damage. That being said we only have 1 meele dps and he is a 44 para so he still has a little bit of ranged. It was rough but we did get the achivment after our 3rd try on it.

try killing hydriss without aggroing jorb.

You can kill all the adds and pull her no problem. I'm not sure about the hive phases. I know you can't melee the first hive though - we never tried ranging.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    try killing hydriss without aggroing jorb.

You can kill all the adds and pull her no problem. I'm not sure about the hive phases. I know you can't melee the first hive though - we never tried ranging.
    You can't range it either, we tried that and Jorb auto aggros the second you tag the hive even from a distance. You could use that strat up until the hive though.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 09-01-2011 at 03:46 PM.

It's possible to solo pull Jorb if you cleverly suicide two people. We did that to get loot today after failing to get the achievement, but it should be also possible to use that method to get Jorb to about 5-10%, then start kiting him and kill Hydriss adds, once she activates finish him off and kill Hydriss as normal.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Telaran

Default Undertow

The achievement was obtained by Legion by killing Hydriss with Jorb active. We used a rogue tank to kite Jorb while our dps burned down Hydriss. We are first legit achievement after they made it required to kill Hydriss rather than engage.

For questions/information on the precise makeup we had feel free to hit me up with a PM or message me ingame on Gnarlwood

Date of Achievement: 8/29/2011 at 9:20PM

-Passion

Pull Hydriss without aggroing jorb, in the hive phase just kill the one hive at the entrance (jorb won't aggro if you touch that one) and finally burn her down before the second hive phase makes her unkillable.

+ Reply to Thread