+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage gear in expert dungeons

Plane Touched

Default Mage gear in expert dungeons

Yes I know this seems like another QQ post, in fact it is to some degree, but I wanted to bring it up anyway.

I spent a bit on Zam yesterday looking up drops in expert dungeons and I noticed something: there is a dramatic lack of mage gear. Sure, it's possible that the drop lists on the site were incomplete, it is of course fan run and not a Trion owned site so there is room for error, but many of the lists seemed complete.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't something to quit over or anything, but it is a bit of a concern.

I wonder if any other mages have noticed this.

It looks that way, because there's just one of each for mages, whereas there's 2 or 3 for the other callings. 3/8 of gear is for clerics.

But you have to look at drop rates, too, and ime the cloth drops plenty often.

In the areas that really matter, if you look at any guild's dkp list, you'll see the mages get their points spent actually quicker than rogues and warriors, i.e. there's plenty of blue-bar loots.

I just started my mage a couple of days ago and ran my first dungeon yesterday. The only 2 things that I could use that dropped ( 2h staffs ) were both won by clerics who can also use any other variety of weapons they want and already get what... 80-90% of drops.

The thing you have to consider is mages only need one set of gear. Whereas the other 3 classes need 2, or in the case of clerics, sometimes 3.

Much of the accessories (including weapons) designated as cleric loot by most are often very useful to the mage, too.

nvm........
    Last edited by Moloch; 09-02-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Salamol View Post
    The thing you have to consider is mages only need one set of gear. Whereas the other 3 classes need 2, or in the case of clerics, sometimes 3.
    Exactly. Grind weapon, wand, rings, neck, trinkets - and when you have all of them - you suddenly gonna realize - you don't need any drop from armor. And if you was "lucky" - start grinding for gear. Also you can try join daily raid rifts (if you can hit targets) and roll on items.

+ Reply to Thread