+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General Dungeon or Raid Question from New LVL 50

Rift Disciple

Default General Dungeon or Raid Question from New LVL 50

Cheers all. I just made 50 a few days ago. I have been hitting some pvp rifts and trying to grasp the post lvl 50 game. I wanted to ask..

1. as a new lvl 50, which dungeons (random or otherwise) should I be running for decent loot and fun experience?

2. how do I get access to these dungeons? Do I buy them or something or are they quest items.
    If quest, who gives them?

3. are these dungeons different or the same as raid dungeons?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer the questions. I have had the game now for several months and love it.

Server is laethys and name is Xuxa. I am normally online various hour between CST **US time** 5pm-12pm

Best Wishes,

Xuxa (stevenx)

Rift Disciple

Forgot to add Defiant Faction... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuxa View Post
    Cheers all. I just made 50 a few days ago. I have been hitting some pvp rifts and trying to grasp the post lvl 50 game. I wanted to ask..

1. as a new lvl 50, which dungeons (random or otherwise) should I be running for decent loot and fun experience?

2. how do I get access to these dungeons? Do I buy them or something or are they quest items.

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer the questions. I have had the game now for several months and love it.

Server is laethys and name is Xuxa. I am normally online various hour between CST **US time** 5pm-12pm

Best Wishes,

Xuxa (stevenx)

Quote Originally Posted by Xuxa View Post

Best Wishes,

Xuxa (stevenx)
    1. Work on getting the new crafted sets, do the daily raid rift every day. Do each T1 at least once or maybe more to get some early upgrades. Move onto T2 once you are comfortable with a spec and feel you are up to the challenge

2. There is a dungeon finder in your menu buttons that will allow you to queue for random or specific. Random will get you more plaques which you spend to buy gear. I'm hoping this doesnt mean you didnt do a single dungeon in the several months youve owned the game while leveling. They are just upgraded versions of the dungeons you do from 20-49

3. Dungeons are all 5 mans. You should look to spend some time in T2 before you move onto 10man or 20man raids. Your first raids should be GSB or DH then move onto RoS and GP after doing those once
    Last edited by Quietmode; 09-01-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Cleric Tank

Rift Disciple

"Your first raids should be GSB or DH then move onto RoS and GP after doing those once"
    What do you mean by GSB or DH? RoS and GP? Sorry but im not familiar with those acronyms. I only did 1 dungeon during the whole game and that was the dungeon just outside meridian when I was lvl 20 or 21. I have done the DRR's for the last 2 days and have a great time healing or DPS. I know some find it challending but just clicking on the characters and healing during the raids is fun.

Thanks so much for the response. Do you know what the avg wait time is for the random dungeon? Do you need to have your party put together first?

I already have the portable medic so im good to go there.

Best Wishes,

StevenX

Plane Touched

the acronyms for raids are:

DH - Drowned Halls (10man raid)
    GP - Gilded Prophecy (10man raid)
    GSB - Greenscale's Blight (20man raid)
    RoS - River of Souls (20man raid)

for the random dungeon queue in general its pretty quick if you can queue up as a healer or a tank. Near instant for tanks, 10minutes max for healers in my experience. If you try to just dps you can be waiting a long time. And no you dont have to have your group already set up. You can queue solo and you will be matched with other players to run the dungeon.
    Last edited by Coel; 09-01-2011 at 12:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread