+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How will raiders finish HK now?

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default How will raiders finish HK now?

    I hear alot of raiders complaining on how they were forced to do PvP to get gear so they could raid, but now this gear have been nerfed thanks to those people, but how are you going to finish HK now?

    Or if it was possible to do without the PvP gear, how were you forced to PvP earlier?

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    The only thing they're changing is how much Valor is on the pieces. Valor has no effect in HK so what the hell are they talking about?

    Edit: Nevermind, I see now they're talking about Vengeance.
    Last edited by Helsemaine; 09-01-2011 at 06:52 AM.

  3. #3
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    643

    Default

    It was never needed, but all the pve players think they need every bis

  4. #4
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Because the R8 gear was bis in a lot of cases, so it will mean they have to do HK as it was intended, by working your way through pve content to get better pve gear, not soloing your way through WF's to get BIS in PVE.

    Yes my heart bleeds for thosee poor souls who lost time through grinding, but people spend so much time on the forums they must have been able to to see all the QQ that was being put out by people saying its unfair about R8 gear being BIS in pve, they must have realised it would be changed and not wasted their time grinding it, or are people really that naive?
    Last edited by Elgarr; 09-01-2011 at 06:52 AM.

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helsemaine View Post
    The only thing they're changing is how much Valor is on the pieces. Valor has no effect in HK so what the hell are they talking about?
    I suggest you do some more research on the patch, like reading stickies or even the pts forum, and you will see that not only has some items been nerfed, after that they have also had parts of their stats converted into a new stat that only works for PvP.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Skidrow Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgarr View Post
    Because the R8 gear was bis in a lot of cases, so it will mean they have to do HK as it was intended, by working your way through pve content to get better pve gear, not soloing your way through WF's to get BIS in PVE.

    Yes my heart bleeds for thosee poor souls who lost time through grinding, but people spend so much time on the forums they must have been able to to see all the QQ that was being put out by people saying its unfair about R8 gear being BIS in pve, they must have realised it would be changed and not wasted their time grinding it, or are people really that naive?
    Lol and they call themselves "hardcore"
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgarr View Post
    Because the R8 gear was bis in a lot of cases, so it will mean they have to do HK as it was intended, by working your way through pve content to get better pve gear, not soloing your way through WF's to get BIS in PVE.

    Yes my heart bleeds for thosee poor souls who lost time through grinding, but people spend so much time on the forums they must have been able to to see all the QQ that was being put out by people saying its unfair about R8 gear being BIS in pve, they must have realised it would be changed and not wasted their time grinding it, or are people really that naive?
    R8 gear was never BIS for PvE, it was just the easiest to get as most havent progressed far into HK.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    I hear alot of raiders complaining on how they were forced to do PvP to get gear so they could raid, but now this gear have been nerfed thanks to those people, but how are you going to finish HK now?

    Or if it was possible to do without the PvP gear, how were you forced to PvP earlier?
    Nobody was forced to PVP. It was considered BiS but not the only option. Also some considered it easier to get so it was a shortcut to them.

  9. #9
    Rift Master drizzt459's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    609

    Default

    It's not surprising at all that the changes are being made. I don't think it was Trion's intention to EVER have R8 gear be BIS for PVE.

    That being said, I was one of the "hardcore" PVE nerds that went for R8...I've made it to R7 and about halfway through to R8 in a little under 22 days.

    It wasn't that bad with bonus weekends plus the birthday, and I missed the first weekend where the bonus was like double.

    People that are crying...you should have had the foresight. People that are hating, ****.

    Trion is in motion to set the balance straight, but needs to make sure that it's done correctly. DON'T settle for something half-***. It's just not worth it.
    Old school raid

    pvp

  10. #10
    Sword of Telara DepricatedZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    842

    Default

    lol . . sniveling, crying "pvp"ers can't take it when someone calls em out on being dumb as a brick.

    no need for 'pvp' gear in pve, I don't see why this is a problem
    "Can you see the flag rising up beyond the smoke
    Of dying authors burning books? Was a problem what they wrote
    The flag is hard to read, all flags look the same
    Covered in the blood of the faithless and insane"
    Operation Ivy - Missionary



  11. #11
    Champion of Telara Quietmode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DepricatedZero View Post
    lol . . sniveling, crying "pvp"ers can't take it when someone calls em out on being dumb as a brick.

    no need for 'pvp' gear in pve, I don't see why this is a problem
    They shoulda seen it coming


    FYI your tank spec has 67pts and your support spec has 65 points. Unless there is a way to take points from one role and put into another. I'd pay money for that secret


    Cleric Tank

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara DepricatedZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    They shoulda seen it coming


    FYI your tank spec has 67pts and your support spec has 65 points. Unless there is a way to take points from one role and put into another. I'd pay money for that secret
    you're only the third person to notice that, good eye :3

    it's actually outdated as hell, right now my main tank spec is 15 Inquisitor/44 Justicar/7 Shaman...I've just been too lazy to edit the signature...
    "Can you see the flag rising up beyond the smoke
    Of dying authors burning books? Was a problem what they wrote
    The flag is hard to read, all flags look the same
    Covered in the blood of the faithless and insane"
    Operation Ivy - Missionary



  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara Sensational's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    Or if it was possible to do without the PvP gear, how were you forced to PvP earlier?
    To remain competitive, dummy. Those who were forced to PvP aren't the people that simply play to finish an instance, they play to finish it first, they play to win.

    http://SVentures.guildpower.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuinir View Post
    Meat shield/meat lance. Meat jousting? Come find out who has the better meat! Lance against Lance!

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    I hear alot of raiders complaining on how they were forced to do PvP to get gear so they could raid, but now this gear have been nerfed thanks to those people, but how are you going to finish HK now?

    Or if it was possible to do without the PvP gear, how were you forced to PvP earlier?
    hk is balanced for regular rank 1 raid gear, people just like to be OP and when their OPness get brought down to regular guy equip they whine a lot.
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker Devilschild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I'm really confused why people that raid in HK and don't PvP actually cried to Trion to nerf PvP gear because it was better than Raid T1 gear. You nerfed your own raids? because you were not on par with those in your own raid that did PvP? PvP gear was BiS for PvE pre HK, but why nerf your own raids ability to get you and everyone that HK gear ? It really seems like a selfish approach to me. Maybe I simply can't see the arguement because I PvP'd and PvE'd. I played the game as it was provided.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts