+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Concerning Raids, and gear/experience level

Shadowlander

Default Concerning Raids, and gear/experience level

I've come to the point of being fully T2 geared twice over and with 2 almost full additional sets of dropped gear , and I have been looking to get into raiding in this game, but i have found a small caveat. Having not raided in this game at all yet, and with a complete lack of raid gear, i cannot get in a raid.
    Catch-22: I have to have raid gear to get in a raid to get the raid gear that i need to get into a raid.

Don't try to join a guild in Hammerknell, join a progressing guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by gamehenge View Post
    I've come to the point of being fully T2 geared twice over and with 2 almost full additional sets of dropped gear , and I have been looking to get into raiding in this game, but i have found a small caveat. Having not raided in this game at all yet, and with a complete lack of raid gear, i cannot get in a raid.
    Catch-22: I have to have raid gear to get in a raid to get the raid gear that i need to get into a raid.
    Let me guess, you are looking to join a guild having all these raid content on farm, instead of joining a guild which is currently trying to progress through these raid content.

In which case, have fun trying to gain results without putting in effort.
    Last edited by Vocalhealspam; 09-01-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Sucks, but you are behind the power curve. The good raid guilds are in HK and thus, not accepting T2 geared players. The guilds accepting T2 geared players to raid are still progressing through T1 raids. These would be your target audience to get the gear needed to go to HK.

You basically have to start with the less desirable guilds to gear up and app for a player-base capable of higher end content.

Champion

Exactly what the fish avatar guy said, with some caveats.

If you are a tank get working on that DPS gear. No one is going to accept a tank unless you are somewhat overgeared, especially for the second wave of guilds progressing who can pick up players who couldn't hack the schedule for first wave progression guilds but have good gear.

If you're a healer or a good mage, many guilds will want to have you. If you are a DPS, you should be able to pull 1K plus or thereabouts on dummy selfbuffed (maybe with fervor/living energy).

Guilds will look at capabilities more than gear. They are of course linked, but particularly in DPS there is a huge difference between a skilled but moderately geared player and a player with great gear but who doesn't care about his rotations. Specifically, the moderately geared player will out DPS the geared player by a mile. Gear is just a differentiator where you can show how commited you are to working on your char.
    Karlis - Dayblind, formerly (and always in my heart) Briarcliff

Hugs!

I have 2 level 50 warriors - dedication to the cause.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalhealspam View Post
    Let me guess, you are looking to join a guild having all these raid content on farm, instead of joining a guild which is currently trying to progress through these raid content.

In which case, have fun trying to gain results without putting in effort.
    No I'm not looking, nor do i have the need, to be carried. Even guilds that are progressing thorugh gsb are trying to use a gear-score system, which apparantly the t2 instance gear does not meet.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Karlis View Post
    Exactly what the fish avatar guy said, with some caveats.

If you are a tank get working on that DPS gear. No one is going to accept a tank unless you are somewhat overgeared, especially for the second wave of guilds progressing who can pick up players who couldn't hack the schedule for first wave progression guilds but have good gear.

If you're a healer or a good mage, many guilds will want to have you. If you are a DPS, you should be able to pull 1K plus or thereabouts on dummy selfbuffed (maybe with fervor/living energy).

Guilds will look at capabilities more than gear. They are of course linked, but particularly in DPS there is a huge difference between a skilled but moderately geared player and a player with great gear but who doesn't care about his rotations. Specifically, the moderately geared player will out DPS the geared player by a mile. Gear is just a differentiator where you can show how commited you are to working on your char.
    I do have the dps set, the healing set, and the tanking set on lock. Just behind the curve on getting into raiding, guess i spent too much time in wf's

Plane Walker

First off t2 gear is more then fine to raid in gsb/ros

I find it extremely hard to believe that a guild still spending time on these mobs would turn away applicants

One solution would be to maybe invest in some of that crafted stuff which is slightly better (with set bonuses) then t1 raid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Boneloaf View Post
    Sucks, but you are behind the power curve. The good raid guilds are in HK and thus, not accepting T2 geared players. The guilds accepting T2 geared players to raid are still progressing through T1 raids. These would be your target audience to get the gear needed to go to HK.

You basically have to start with the less desirable guilds to gear up and app for a player-base capable of higher end content.
    That's just it, they are pretty few and far between depending on the times you can raid. I live in Pacific time zone and that said, good luck finding a raid that starts at about 7 my time and will accept a T2 geared player.

I feel your pain OP. I am in a similar situation. I just rerolled defiant, and got my character up to 50 about a week ago. I am getting together a DPS and a tank set. Problem is, trying to find a guild now, so that when I am raid ready I can join then in T1 raids. They really aren't as prevalent as people make them out to be.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrpixie View Post
    That's just it, they are pretty few and far between depending on the times you can raid. I live in Pacific time zone and that said, good luck finding a raid that starts at about 7 my time and will accept a T2 geared player.

I feel your pain OP. I am in a similar situation. I just rerolled defiant, and got my character up to 50 about a week ago. I am getting together a DPS and a tank set. Problem is, trying to find a guild now, so that when I am raid ready I can join then in T1 raids. They really aren't as prevalent as people make them out to be.
    That's the problem, any Guild who's raiding has been raiding for months, and has everything on farm. I don't mind charging into a raid with 19 others who are just starting the raid progression. Finding those people has been an issue.

You may have to explore the option of server transfering to find like minded/geared/progressed people

Cleric Tank

That's the problem, any Guild who's raiding has been raiding for months, and has everything on farm. I don't mind charging into a raid with 19 others who are just starting the raid progression. Finding those people has been an issue.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/shard-for...l-hub-defiant/

http://forums.riftgame.com/shard-for...-hub-guardian/

Assuming that your North American shards, but umm...the every guild that's raiding and has been raiding for months, is umm..completely false. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

If you're not in a guild now and not particularly attached to the server on which you currently reside, my suggestion is to post an ad about yourself in the Shard section (N/A shard or EU Shard), and at the top there's Shard Travel Hub for Defiant and Guardian.

Or, you can peruse the ads already there from guilds looking for more and find one that fits your particular situation.

Good luck!
    MMOs played: The Realm Online, UO, Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted (formerly Horizons: Empire of Istaria), DAoC, EQ, EQ2, WoW, GW, DDO, LOTRO, AoC, WAR, Runes of Magic, Aion, FFXIV
    *****For the strength of the Wolf is the Pack, and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf.*****

I do have the dps set, the healing set, and the tanking set on lock. Just behind the curve on getting into raiding, guess i spent too much time in wf's
    Also, This seems to point to you being a cleric. The easiest way to sell yourself into a raiding guild would be as a healer or justicar support build and then try to work your way into a dps/tank role

Cleric Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/shard-for...l-hub-defiant/

http://forums.riftgame.com/shard-for...-hub-guardian/

Assuming that your North American shards, but umm...the every guild that's raiding and has been raiding for months, is umm..completely false. lol
    I know I didn't say they DIDN'T exist...but it's really really hard to find one that is PST, i.e. NOT starting at 5 PM. That's a bit ridiculous when you are PST time zone. I know for me, I still need to finish off my Tanking set first, then onto my DPS set. /sigh. So far yet so close to being ready for the guild search. :P

+ Reply to Thread