+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Leveling dungeons are TOO HARD and I have some ideas - Please hear me out, Trion

Default Leveling dungeons are TOO HARD and I have some ideas - Please hear me out, Trion

My friend and I have been leveling characters to 50 since the half-birthday thing(getting tired of low pop guardian servers), and literally HALF of the tanks and healers we've gotten have NO IDEA what they're doing. Rogues who don't know what rift guard is, warriors who just disregard the casters and let the healer die, healers who spam healing flame/healing invocation, MAGE HEALERS, and the list goes on and on.

My friend is a mage dps, and I try to cleric tank(I need to be the same level of the mobs in the instance or I die too fast for the crappy healers) and I can do all this perfectly fine, because I HAVE a level 50 cleric tank, a 50 warrior tank and a 50 rogue tank. I also figured out that if I don't use 3 second cast times while I'm healing, the tank won't die. It's magic!

Not only would it make leveling through dungeons easier, faster and more fun, it would maybe help retain players. If I didn't play in the beta and already know how fun the game can be and I was a new player looking for a fun game that I can grind dungeons with my friend on, I would've quit by now.

Maybe make the difficulty curve a little bit? I understand if everything's a faceroll cakewalk, when you get to 50 and start experts, you'll most likely have a harder time. Make Iron Tomb -> King's Breach easy and maybe add some tutorials for the tank and heal role in there and have Runic Descent -> Charmer's the real deal.

First of all, though, you need to buff riftstalkers, justicar and chloromancers at lower levels. They're perfectly fine at 50, because riftstalkers get the full damage reduction from Rift Guard, justicar get a ton of armor and a lot of points in other trees and chloromancers get void life. Move void life down to 16 points or so(that's when clerics get healing invocation, their main heal), give riftguard the full damage reduction and maybe change the mein of leadership to give a % of armor and extra % of armor past 32 points(or something) and move Shield of Faith down the tree.

When you get to the first boss in Iron Tombs, if you're a rogue tank, you will get a video, or a text box, explaining that you need to keep Rift Guard up at all times and use Guarded Steel when you don't have to use RG. If you're a warrior, explain how pacts work for VK and that Spotter's Order is a great threat and damage technique. If you're a cleric, it will tell you to keep Precept of Refuge up and to use the many heals at your arsonal when you have the chance to.

Again, I'm not saying that they're hard if you know what you're doing, but that's the problem. You need to know what you're doing. Most new players won't take the time to read online how to play their role, and it ruins the group for everyone else.

I know that leveling dungeons are a small part of the game, I just wanted to give feedback and try to help.

Soulwalker

Getting punished for making mistakes and learning from them are HOW YOU LEARN

you can do all the reading in the world and only a few people will probably get it right because of the reading.

the dungeons are fine, players need to learn somewhere right?

i agree with the need for riftstalker buffs though

I refuse to tank on my Rogue, having a Tank Cleric and planning on a Tank Warrior, but I agree that Rogues need to be more in line with Clerics and Warriors for mitigation. I also agree with moving Void Life down the tree a bit, maybe somewhere after Synthesis, in that super huge blank space that spans three tiers of talents.

Telaran

I almost never have any problems in instances, from 15 up to 50. They are incredibly easy and if you take a moment to ask if anyone needs an explanation you will save yourself trouble in the long run. I'm also not sure why you are complaining about hi/rf and 3s casting ... that is one of the main dungeon healing specs.

TBH, any random healer can heal the low level instances, if they are even remotely competent. I don't want to ruffle your feathers, but it sounds more like you are the problem. That is just my objective deduction. You say that all your healers are bad, chances are that there aren't 100% terrible healers on your shard...

I'm not sure how you could have so many lvl 50 characters and have your opinion. Maybe you are just on a terrible shard.

Quote Originally Posted by cryingturtle View Post
    I almost never have any problems in instances, from 15 up to 50. They are incredibly easy and if you take a moment to ask if anyone needs an explanation you will save yourself trouble in the long run. I'm also not sure why you are complaining about hi/rf and 3s casting ... that is one of the main dungeon healing specs.

TBH, any random healer can heal the low level instances, if they are even remotely competent. I don't want to ruffle your feathers, but it sounds more like you are the problem. That is just my objective deduction. You say that all your healers are bad, chances are that there aren't 100% terrible healers on your shard...

I'm not sure how you could have so many lvl 50 characters and have your opinion. Maybe you are just on a terrible shard.
    I don't get how I can be the problem, when I'm dpsing with my friend and the healer is speced in a way that can't keep a tank up. I didn't say all of the healers were bad, I said most of them were. And it's not a matter of them being bad, it's a matter of them not knowing how to do it the right way because the game doesn't help them out at all. It just says "this heals for blah blah" and it's not very intuitive.

You want easy content to be... even easier? To help people... improve? Hate to tell you, but when things are already easy and you make them easier no one learns a thing. If this actually ever happened you would be complaining a few weeks down the road that T1s/T2s (lol) are too hard!
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    Maybe make the difficulty curve a little bit? I understand if everything's a faceroll cakewalk, when you get to 50 and start experts, you'll most likely have a harder time. Make Iron Tomb -> King's Breach easy and maybe add some tutorials for the tank and heal role in there and have Runic Descent -> Charmer's the real deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorreah View Post
    You want easy content to be... even easier? To help people... improve? Hate to tell you, but when things are already easy and you make them easier no one learns a thing. If this actually ever happened you would be complaining a few weeks down the road that T1s/T2s (lol) are too hard!

Hey, thanks for reading my post

Soulwalker

dude, im warrior tank lvl 44, im leveling since event came, NEVER, never NEVER ad problems with any dungeons, maybe because 1st thin i do when i enter a new instance, i say, hey guys im new to this instance, if theres any thing i should know about mobs or bosses let me know.. simple, just as that, when we reach bosses ppl tell me what to do, and didnt had problem with any dungen until now, theyre kinda easy, the only problem i had was with CHLORO MAGES, like chloros with libound and dont use synthesis, like chloro with liebound no systhesis, and no bonuses for lifebound... and he stils says lifebound its better then lifegiving, it may be after u get the bonuses not before lo..

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    Hey, thanks for reading my post
    I did, it was hard to read, but I got through it. People already don't like to read or listen to tutorials, so adding little bits won't change a thing. People also can do dungeons in different roles, shocking, and wouldn't get such tips later on. Making easy easier will only exacerbate the problem. Try a real response next time. There is a higher probability you will be taken seriously.
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

dungeons too hard? holy ..... what a BS.

but what your asking for will have exactly the "OPPOSITE" effect you want. Making the instances easier than they are and even more quickly breezed through will make worse tanks and healers.

Leveling dungeons in a way could be re-named to Learning dungeons. This is the purpose of them. The difficulty of the dungeons will not "bad" players better it will only make their mistakes "forgivable".

Understand that if these healers/tanks/dps cannot grasp the simple straightforward fights in the early dungeons they in no way will learn the tools for the more advanced. Instead those 50 lvl runs will indeed be quite worse if the lower dungeons are easier. The guys leveling will learn even less before they get there.
    Warhammer refugee, ASP, Psychobillee, Yoshimoto, Atromos, Mongolian
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelfear View Post
    For too long now the foundation of class change has been to nerf... Warriors have been hit hard with the nerf bat in every single patch now, you want to talk about crutches, you should include them in the epic drop tables of raid dungeons, at this rate we'll need em.

Dungeons are already easy as hell for the most part, and have already been nerfed a bit.

You want them even easier?

Im sorry but if your unable to deal with the dungeons in their current state, then you have bigger problems in terms of skill level or gear level.

Rift Disciple

1-48 it's pretty easy actually, Realm of the Fae was a little hard when we first did it because people didn't have aoe. I think that was the only original and interesting instance as well. After that, mainly it's AOE-every group and really rather flat and dull.

I agree that a group with no idea will wipe and die all the time but that's really how it's meant to be.

If there are healers that cannot heal reg instances with Pur/Sent they = fail. I had no problem healing every instance with a 3 sec cast RF. I agree that most players I came across in reg instances failed miserably. I gave up trying to tank with my warrior and cleric because the healers could not keep me up even if I was 2-3 levels higher than the instance and would not listen to me when I was trying to help them do it right. Tanks are another story as I don't know how many were failing so I asked them what thier spec was and got the response "Paladin", so I was like "And" and there were like "That's it"...???? Theey had no shield and all poins in 1 soul with no second or third soul. Seroiusly. I don't think nerf's are necessary, I just vote kicked fail players and found new ones praying the next one would be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Englshredwolf View Post
    thanks point dexter, ill wait for some more comments from other, less rude people.

aux

It's good to have hard content.

If you want easier dungeons, better to suggest new ones, instead of nerfing existing ones that people enjoy.

And without a challenge, why would anyone try to get better? It's a game, not a TV show, so some skill will have to be involved somewhere.
    I'm so BORED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast