+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LFD vote kick not usable for 10 mins, why?

Telaran

Default LFD vote kick not usable for 10 mins, why?

I was wondering why there is a 10 min wait for "vote kick" to become usable.

Some people using LFD are using random entry...but then refuse to go if the random dungeon is "too random" for them - that is not the one they wanted. They don't que for specifics because then they wont get their precious random reward. They wont leave group cause then they get desertion buff. So the vote kick limit in these cases force the remaining group to play 4-man 10 mins into the instance.

So...whats the thought behind this?

Is there a workaround?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by zoofar View Post
    I was wondering why there is a 10 min wait for "vote kick" to become usable.

Some people using LFD are using random entry...but then refuse to go if the random dungeon is "too random" for them - that is not the one they wanted. They don't que for specifics because then they wont get their precious random reward. They wont leave group cause then they get desertion buff. So the vote kick limit in these cases force the remaining group to play 4-man 10 mins into the instance.

So...whats the thought behind this?

Is there a workaround?
    Your work around: Guild groups
    Last edited by Paikis; 08-31-2011 at 09:35 PM.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Your work around: Guild groups
    The only thing this is a viable answer to is the question: why should there be no LFG system in Rift?

Since we have one - for reasons that are beyond possible explanation - and since it clearly has issues, appropriate answers are ones that attempt to address these issues.

OP: They would want to give players time to zone in to the instance first and foremost, and many players will have a quick bio break while zoning. These are the only things I can think of as valid to do between accepting a group via LFG and starting the dungeon - if anything else is necessary, I wouldn't expect to be in the group when I return.

So I can see a three or four minute wait being a good idea. 10 minutes though, well, maybe they didn't want to interrupt what ever one handed activity people were doing while alt/tabbed out of Rift...

I honestly can't think of any reason to have a 10 minute wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Champion

Who knows, but I can imagine 2 possible reasons

1) You could use votekicks to circumvent lfg queue timers. I.e each person get vote kicked in turn until they are all out and can reroll lfg without timer.

2) They want to force you to play with people for a bit before passing judgment.
    Karlis - Dayblind, formerly (and always in my heart) Briarcliff

Hugs!

I have 2 level 50 warriors - dedication to the cause.

Shadowlander

Best thing i love in LFD group - there is 70% chance you will see message "brb" from healer or tank in first minute.

+ Reply to Thread