+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: When DPS is bad in LFG PUG

Plane Walker

Default When DPS is bad in LFG PUG

Im an honest person so I don't like to have to lie to people , I run a parser so I know when DPS is bad.

I usually say , sorry group DPS is low can you please kick me and find another tank.

usually this results in terrible insults .

So what do you do when you get a group with the worst dps ever ?
    Use the ninja disconnect?
    Log out ?
    Tell them your dog just got run over and you have to go ?
    Fake a heart attack ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    Im an honest person so I don't like to have to lie to people , I run a parser so I know when DPS is bad.

I usually say , sorry group DPS is low can you please kick me and find another tank.

Log out ?
    Fake a heart attack ?

I like to be like "you suck, bye"

Thats if the tanks or healers are REALLY bad... and i mean REALLY bad since queues are really long :/ For dps it doesnt matter for me.... i got 'nuff dps to go around ;D
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

Log out ?
    Fake a heart attack ?

Just leave, dont worry about what they think, they dont know you in real life so who cares. And im sure the queue to find another tank is close to instant anyways...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinmans View Post
    Just leave, dont worry about what they think, they dont know you in real life so who cares. And im sure the queue to find another tank is close to instant anyways...
    Was this a sarcastic post O.o
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

Maybe you could try....
    Guys dps is a little low, is everything ok?
    Maybe that will work if not just tell them, sorry dps to low for me I am off.

Dont ask for a kick, just leave.

The reson you are getting insulted is the way you ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.

Maybe you should just grow a pair and leave.

Rift Master

Agreed, why should they kick you? You clearly think that you are better, insult them and then ask them to do you a favor?

I really have to think, if you're so pathetic as a tank that you have to random queue LFG, you deserve whatever you get.

C'mon folks, heading into the 7th month of this game. If you didn't suck, you'd have a friends' list, guildmates, etc who'd be happy to group with you.

Shield of Telara

I rarely see a random where we can't make it past the DPS checks. In the rare event that you have tried and tried and can't get past it then call it. If it's just taking longer than you'd like to kill things and you end up dropping or having a fit then you're part of the problem that is probably worse than someone lacking with DPS.

We all started near the bottom at one point.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    I really have to think, if you're so pathetic as a tank that you have to random queue LFG, you deserve whatever you get.

C'mon folks, heading into the 7th month of this game. If you didn't suck, you'd have a friends' list, guildmates, etc who'd be happy to group with you.
    Some of us are in guilds where no one still needs T2, and find it kinda fun to putz around with some random people.

Personally I just politely ask someone why their DPS is so low/note it in party. If I don't get a response, or get a defensive, nub-like response, I either try to votekick or stand there 'till they votekick me. If it's an instance without a DPS check (ie anything but CC or DSM), and they're at least nice about it and are trying, I'll just go along with it unless it becomes a problem.

Champion

Log out ?
    Fake a heart attack ?

Why doesn't Rift have damage meters again? Oh yeah, because there are tools like this.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelon View Post
    Why doesn't Rift have damage meters again? Oh yeah, because there are tools like this.
    It does have them (3 different ones in fact!), and it's tools that waste my time with crappy dps that make me mad. Also, with addons, we'll have loads more.
    Last edited by MrFunsocks; 08-31-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Some fights are a definite dps check and wiping over and over is no fun. If you want to leave because the group is not pulling the dps you think is needed then you should just leave and not expect them to kick you. Just eat the CD since you are technically deserting your group by choice. If there is a dps check boss in the random you were put into a little talk with your team may have helped them improve or understand they were not ready for that instance. When you sign up with the LFG tool you take the chances of being put in a group with people that are not up to your standards. If you are struggling in the dungeon due to low dps and you absolutely cannot get past a boss then I understand the need to have a talk with the group but if you are basing it purely on a parse, you are in the wrong.
    The other day my group had a really bad tank in XRD. He wanted to get the water saga part done and was by no means ready for a tier 2. A dps in the group who usually tanks asked him if he had a dps spec to switch to so we could move on past the first couple of trash pulls without dying again. The tank did not have a dps spec but the group was pretty nice and let him stay and do really bad dps (I was pulling more dps as chloro) while the other dps switched and tanked the remainder of the run.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    It does have them (3 different ones in fact!), and it's tools that waste my time with crappy dps that make me mad. Also, with addons, we'll have loads more.
    What do I click to turn mine on then?
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelon View Post
    What do I click to turn mine on then?
    http://www.riftjunkies.com/combat-parser/
    http://advancedcombattracker.com/
    http://java.net/projects/xanadu-parser-rift

Ask and ye shall receive!
    With Addons it'll be much easier though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast