+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Defiant

Thread: Why Valor should be added to Hammerknell Relic Armor

Question Why Valor should be added to Hammerknell Relic Armor

I will make this post as short and to the point as I can though do not allow the brevity of my statement to detract from my seriousness.

Currently there are substantial PvE gains acquired if one is to invest time in obtaining Rank 8. I do not share the animosity that many do for the use of pvp gear in pve content. However, I do feel there is a disparity that is worth discussing.

The problem is simply centered in the fact that while "end-game" PvP gear will provide a huge advantage to someone in PvE the converse it not true.

End game PvE gear does not currently provide a comparable boost to PvP. Short of perhaps a relic weapon increasing your damage, running into a warfront in full Relic armor would be utter suicide. However, entering Hammerknell with 4 pieces of rank 7/8 pvp gear and a rank 8 weapon is currently completely feasible and in many instances optimal.

Again, I am not advocating the nerf of PvP gear, I am simply pointing out what is an imbalance in the current system.

To obtain just the epic BP, Shoulders, Boots and Belt from the Hammerknell merchant one would need to obtain roughly 300 Greater Marks. You are looking at minimum 2 and a half months of clearing all 10 bosses each week to obtain this.

On top of that you must then obtain the pattern over your piers to see the item upgraded to relic. With such an arduous and time consuming process of obtaining an item there should be no threat of imbalance by adding Valor to Relic Hammerknell Armor pieces.

In conclusion, seeing the way that Valor was streamlined in the patch notes it only makes sense to add Valor values to the Relic Hammerknell armor pieces.
    ::: HAMMERKNELL 10/11 :::
    >>> NSFW <<<
    Zink - Guild Leader, <Avid> - Rift
    Defiant - Guild Leader, <Divinus> - VG, AoC, EQ2, Aion
    www.teamavid.com

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
    I will make this post as short and to the point as I can though do not allow the brevity of my statement to detract from my seriousness.

Currently there are substantial PvE gains acquired if one is to invest time in obtaining Rank 8. I do not share the animosity that many do for the use of pvp gear in pve content. However, I do feel there is a disparity that is worth discussing.

The problem is simply centered in the fact that while "end-game" PvP gear will provide a huge advantage to someone in PvE the converse it not true.

End game PvE gear does not currently provide a comparable boost to PvP. Short of perhaps a relic weapon increasing your damage, running into a warfront in full Relic armor would be utter suicide. However, entering Hammerknell with 4 pieces of rank 7/8 pvp gear and a rank 8 weapon is currently completely feasible and in many instances optimal.

Again, I am not advocating the nerf of PvP gear, I am simply pointing out what is an imbalance in the current system.

To obtain just the epic BP, Shoulders, Boots and Belt from the Hammerknell merchant one would need to obtain roughly 300 Greater Marks. You are looking at minimum 2 and a half months of clearing all 10 bosses each week to obtain this.

On top of that you must then obtain the pattern over your piers to see the item upgraded to relic. With such an arduous and time consuming process of obtaining an item there should be no threat of imbalance by adding Valor to Relic Hammerknell Armor pieces.

In conclusion, seeing the way that Valor was streamlined in the patch notes it only makes sense to add Valor values to the Relic Hammerknell armor pieces.
    This no longer applies read the PvP proposed notes. http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...vengeance.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    This no longer applies read the PvP proposed notes. http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...vengeance.html
    I am well aware of the changes. However, it does still apply because end game PvE gear does not have Valor on it. Subsequently rendering it useless in pvp.
    Last edited by Defiant; 08-31-2011 at 11:41 AM.
    >>> NSFW <<<
    www.teamavid.com

Still wouldnt make you good at PVP, so I dont really care whether they add Valor on PVE gear or not.
    Last edited by Swiftly; 08-31-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Also, I find it funny while you're trying to get it buffed, this guy over Here is trying to get it nerfed.
    Last edited by Swiftly; 08-31-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    Also, I find it funny while you're trying to get it buffed, this guy over Here is trying to get it nerfed.
    I find it funny that you agree with him.
    Efanu - Avid

Quote Originally Posted by Efanu View Post
    I find it funny that you agree with him.
    With which idiot? I dont agree with either one of them, I just dont care whether it happens or not cuz its clear Trion only cater's to the whiners.

With which idiot?
    Who are you?...
    >>> NSFW <<<
    www.teamavid.com

I'm a primarily PvE player and I do not support this idea. The proposed changes to PvP gear indicate Trion's desire to keep the gear functions separate. I support that demonstrated intent.
    And thus I clothe my naked villainy
    With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.-- William Shakespeare

Who are you?...
    Someone who doesnt have their HK progression in their forum signature.

Someone who doesnt have their HK progression in their forum signature.
    Oh sorry that offends you. Coming from the guy who has the fact that he is rank 8 in his forum sig...
    >>> NSFW <<<
    www.teamavid.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlyng View Post
    I'm a primarily PvE player and I do not support this idea. The proposed changes to PvP gear indicate Trion's desire to keep the gear functions separate. I support that demonstrated intent.
    yeah except they are only putting vengeance on 2 items: Synergy crystals and the codex trinket. That wont REALLY affect the choice of most players when entering hammerknell.

Quote Originally Posted by SrFamine View Post
    yeah except they are only putting vengeance on 2 items: Synergy crystals and the codex trinket. That wont REALLY affect the choice of most players when entering hammerknell.
    They did say "initially" and neither you nor I know where it will go from there.
    And thus I clothe my naked villainy
    With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.-- William Shakespeare

Plane Touched

Oh sorry that offends you. Coming from the guy who has the fact that he is rank 8 in his forum sig...
    Double owned, now you both look like idiots xD

+ Reply to Thread