+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I can't raid anymore.

Ascendant

Default I can't raid anymore.

I grinded out to P8 so I could get my uber leet gear and spent all my marks on tank gear. Now I can't DPS for my guild because every single piece of PvP gear I have is now 100% useless in PvE.

Ok now that I have that out of my system lets get real. They are changing the Synergy Crystal and Trinket ONLY right now. This isn't game breaking at all and only a minor setback. Yes 100 AP and SP is a minor setback. Let me say it again. A minor setback.

They may decide to put vengence on all PvP gear, but they are only changing the Synergy Crystal and Trinket right now. It looks like they bumped PvP gear down to where they want it and where it should be and if they decide to extend it to all gear they are giving you time to regear into PvE gear.

The sky isn't falling.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

I read your first sentence and was about to rain down upon you the full might of my forum justice.

Then I read the rest and thought "Actually, dude seems quite sensible."
    never go to bed angry - stay awake and plot your revenge

Default Only a setback

Chronicar, are you related to Kael'thas Sunstrider by any chance?
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

Getting PVP gear for PVE content.

If that was your plan, you have only yourself to blame for its failure.

obvious troll is obvious

Quote Originally Posted by EranB View Post
    Getting PVP gear for PVE content.

If that was your plan, you have only yourself to blame for its failure.
    Thats how every MMO was before WoW and stupid PvP Stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Thats how every MMO was before WoW and stupid PvP Stats.
    DAOC considered one of the best pvp games of all times had zero pvp gear. It also had zero gear earned from pvp. The only source of gear was from PVE resources!
    So your statement is false.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    DAOC considered one of the best pvp games of all times had zero pvp gear. It also had zero gear earned from pvp. The only source of gear was from PVE resources!
    Not true. ToA. And we all remember how well that went.
    Last edited by Qaedyan; 08-31-2011 at 08:42 AM.

I guess you misunderstood me. What i wanted to say is that there was no gear separation at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Get more marks, the system isn't live yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    I grinded out to P8 so I could get my uber leet gear and spent all my marks on tank gear. Now I can't DPS for my guild because every single piece of PvP gear I have is now 100% useless in PvE.

Ok now that I have that out of my system lets get real. They are changing the Synergy Crystal and Trinket ONLY right now. This isn't game breaking at all and only a minor setback. Yes 100 AP and SP is a minor setback. Let me say it again. A minor setback.

They may decide to put vengence on all PvP gear, but they are only changing the Synergy Crystal and Trinket right now. It looks like they bumped PvP gear down to where they want it and where it should be and if they decide to extend it to all gear they are giving you time to regear into PvE gear.

The sky isn't falling.
    Triumvirate Guild (Alsbeth): http://www.xabis.com/dkp/
    Interested in being the best, equipping our players, building community, and having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaedyan View Post
    Not true. ToA. And we all remember how well that went.
    Did you miss read?

I said "DAOC considered one of the best pvp games of all times had zero pvp gear. It also had zero gear earned from pvp. The only source of gear was from PVE resources!
    So your statement is false. "

TOA was all pve. If you wanted to pvp at all you had to use gear gained via pve resources. Since there was ZERO pvp gear in that game.

Prophet of Telara

Did you miss read?

I said "DAOC considered one of the best pvp games of all times had zero pvp gear. It also had zero gear earned from pvp. The only source of gear was from PVE resources!

TOA was all pve. If you wanted to pvp at all you had to use gear gained via pve resources. Since there was ZERO pvp gear in that game.
    Again, not true. ToA artifacts had to be levelled up in either PvP or PvE, depending on the Artifact. And that change helped ruin the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    I guess you misunderstood me. What i wanted to say is that there was no gear separation at all.
    That was because there was only one path to gear and that was via pve.

Your point would be valid if daoc had multi paths to gear but it did not.

Prophet of Telara

Did you miss read?

Also, since you seem to have never played DAOC, before ToA about 90% of the crafting materials in DAOC came from Darkness Falls. That was a PvP dungeon that each realm could only get access to via PvP, and then had to PvP inside the dungeon to clear out the opposing faction. Only then could the mobs be farmed for seals that was used to buy gear that was broken down into crafting mats.

In summary, in DAOC the only PvE gear players ever used in PvP were the occasional dragon drops, the artifacts that could be levelled up via PvE, and (very early in the game) glowing weapons.

Ascendant

Would you guys quit derailing my post and get on topic of pointing out that they are only changing the Trinket and Synergy Crystal right now which isn't a huge nerf and still makes P7-P8 gear better than everything except what you get in HK.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast