+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Requested changes for PvE gear!

Plane Touched

Default Requested changes for PvE gear!

HI all!

I would like to see all the T1 Dugeon gear have the exact same stats in Hit/Focus/Toughness as the Hammer Knell Gear! I'm trying to think of a brand new fuqqed up stat to add to the gear also....

Quote Originally Posted by Varix View Post
    HI all!

I would like to see all the T1 Dugeon gear have the exact same stats in Hit/Focus/Toughness as the Hammer Knell Gear! I'm trying to think of a brand new fuqqed up stat to add to the gear also....
    You mad bro?

Shadowlander

HI all!

Why not.. so soon as I get to level 50 and through T1.. I get to see and enjoy the end game content as soon as possible.. Trion is making PVP directed that way.. why not PvE also?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Cinis Cineris View Post
    You mad bro?
    I fuqqin livid!

Plane Touched

Actually OP is completely right.
    Even it is not popular to compare to WoW but since most are familiar with it easiest is to compare it with WoW. Although there was ton of itemization bad decisions in WoW at least this Toughness/Hit/Focus thing Blizzard did right.

I as Protection Warrior had to have 490 (if I remember correct number as I stopped playing when WoTLK came) Defense in order not to get critical strike from boss.
    But I had to have that 490 Defense in Karazhan which was entry level Raid instance and I had to have 490 Defense in Sunwell which was highest Tier Raid Instance in TBC.
    Always same requirement.

But as I progressed through Tiers I increased all my other stats (HP, Armor, Dodge/Parry/Block etc. etc.).
    But Defense requirement stayed same and I could not get critted wherever I went as long as I kept it over 490.

Same was for DPS - once they reached needed Hit they would never miss even in Karazhan or in Sunwell.
    Sure, in Karazhan gear level they would not have even remotely needed DPS but point is still - they would not miss mob with their attacks.

Trion simply decided to have lazy implementation and lazy tuning by implementing stats which requirements increase by Tier as it is probably more easy for them to tune encounters.

Soulwalker

Okay now you're just being plain stupid...everyone needs to relax seriously. GAMES change and always will...for every change people want something in return because they "worked" their a**es off to get w/e it is that's now being changed. Grow up... lol it's a damn game for crying out loud and what you're wanting is completely ridicules.

as for the wow comment...it took them a long *** time to get where they are, the 2 games should not be compared in any way.
    Last edited by VanillaSwirl; 08-31-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Champion

Sign me up.

As for new stat name, I'm thinking "tears" would be a good name. Pvers have their stats converted to tears when they try to pvp with their fancy pve relics.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aryona View Post
    Why not.. so soon as I get to level 50 and through T1.. I get to see and enjoy the end game content as soon as possible.. Trion is making PVP directed that way.. why not PvE also?
    I thought PvP was supposed to be about the fun and enjoyment of playing against other players and testing your skill. Why is evening the playing field with newcomers such a punishment when higher-ranked gear still gives an advantage?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    I thought PvP was supposed to be about the fun and enjoyment of playing against other players and testing your skill. Why is evening the playing field with newcomers such a punishment when higher-ranked gear still gives an advantage?
    Apply that thought process to a band new PvE guild that just finished thier first T1. Give them the stats to start raiding HK and clear content. Why not? The guilds that have cleared 7 bosses prior to the change wont get mad and leave for another game... They will love it that all their hard work means nothing... I think you're right!

Ascendant

Apply that thought process to a band new PvE guild that just finished thier first T1. Give them the stats to start raiding HK and clear content. Why not? The guilds that have cleared 7 bosses prior to the change wont get mad and leave for another game... They will love it that all their hard work means nothing... I think you're right!
    Your hard work isn't for nothing. The accessories, such as rings, will still give more Valor. You'll have more damage through Vengeance. The only chance is that Rank 1-2 players won't explode when you look at them. I would think you would be excited that having lower-ranked players in a Warfront wouldn't be such a liability.

PvE and PvP are not the same, nor can their progression be measured in an identical fashion. If it were possible for Rank 1s to just fight other Rank 1s, then your frustration would be understood. However, given that dividing PvP in that fashion would result in queue times *much* longer than what is currently available, it's not a viable option.

Rank 1 players don't have Rank 8 weapons. They don't have Rank 8 health or Rank 8 attack/spellpower. Why is it so offensive that you not be able to one-shot them? How is it so terrible that your lower-ranked allies might be able to actually assist you in combat?

Do you honestly think it's fun to log into a Warfront and feel completely useless? How about to be the only high-ranked player on your side, when the other has six or seven? Gear will play a role in confrontations, just not as large as it was previously.

Plane Touched

Your hard work isn't for nothing. The accessories, such as rings, will still give more Valor. You'll have more damage through Vengeance. The only chance is that Rank 1-2 players won't explode when you look at them. I would think you would be excited that having lower-ranked players in a Warfront wouldn't be such a liability.

PvE and PvP are not the same, nor can their progression be measured in an identical fashion. If it were possible for Rank 1s to just fight other Rank 1s, then your frustration would be understood. However, given that dividing PvP in that fashion would result in queue times *much* longer than what is currently available, it's not a viable option.

Rank 1 players don't have Rank 8 weapons. They don't have Rank 8 health or Rank 8 attack/spellpower. Why is it so offensive that you not be able to one-shot them? How is it so terrible that your lower-ranked allies might be able to actually assist you in combat?

Do you honestly think it's fun to log into a Warfront and feel completely useless? How about to be the only high-ranked player on your side, when the other has six or seven? Gear will play a role in confrontations, just not as large as it was previously.

I don't understand how you all think that all R8's were just handed R8 and didn't have to earn it. You act like we haven't been there before. This is how I solved the problem... I ranked up. Now it's even easier to get rank! Oh a days worth of play time to get rank 4 on a double favor weekend... Wow that was hard. next day 5... Wait until the next weekend, 6. Is it so bad? Really, epeen hurt so much from getting rolled you can't tough it out to get the rank?

Oh, BTW, I agree, I don't think PvP and PvE should be compared, so why create a fuqqin stat to keep PvP gear out of PvE, instead of Fixing PvE gear?
    Last edited by Varix; 08-31-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Do you not understand your rank 1-8 same valor to cut the face rolling of new to pvp you still have huge rank 6 7 8 weapons with big stats on your r6 7 8 gear can still rock same numbers matter of fact even bigger numbers now cause its 30% now. Mr i never run a dungeon pvp for awhile and have gear that a raider who spent time learning a mechanic and perfect reflex timing of a boss to gain a weapon do the same dmg when i am fighting monsters in pve. fantasy games items are magic in quality a item gain from killing people would be magic imbued to kill people better then monsters not huminoids people and monsters when all you had to do was possibly afk your way to it or smash someone under geared in your pre made and all you pvp people who don't raid dungeons and say all bosses are easy. Try them.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
    Do you not understand your rank 1-8 same valor to cut the face rolling of new to pvp you still have huge rank 6 7 8 weapons with big stats on your r6 7 8 gear can still rock same numbers matter of fact even bigger numbers now cause its 30% now. Mr i never run a dungeon pvp for awhile and have gear that a raider who spent time learning a mechanic and perfect reflex timing of a boss to gain a weapon do the same dmg when i am fighting monsters in pve. fantasy games items are magic in quality a item gain from killing people would be magic imbued to kill people better then monsters not huminoids people and monsters when all you had to do was possibly afk your way to it or smash someone under geared in your pre made and all you pvp people who don't raid dungeons and say all bosses are easy. Try them.
    I don't disagree with you. Fix the fuqqin PvE gear and leave PvP alone. IT's not right to create stats on PvP gear to keep PvE'rs from using it. Fix the Fuqqin PvE gear! Leave my gear alone! Bosses are scripted, period. Computer controlled. Try them, I've killed so many scripted bosses, I don't need to kill anymore.

I don't disagree with you. Fix the fuqqin PvE gear and leave PvP alone. IT's not right to create stats on PvP gear to keep PvE'rs from using it. Fix the Fuqqin PvE gear! Leave my gear alone! Bosses are scripted, period. Computer controlled. Try them, I've killed so many scripted bosses, I don't need to kill anymore.
    To be fair, most pvpers are just scripted macro practice dummies too. I didn't bother with valor gear until I was rank 4 because it was easier to dps burst players because they always react the same way when that happens.

They cannot just "fix" the pve gear. They buffed up pvp gear so much and it made it so ridiculously easy to get that the only way to make PVE gear better than pvp gear for pve is to inflate the stats on pve gear a ton. If they do this, you're talking about increasing the AP and SP and crit on players by about 10-15%.

The current raids area balanced around the current type of pve gear. You know what? Trion actually did a really good job with it. By the time my guild got to plutonus, we BARELY had the dps to kill him. By the 2nd week, we had just a little bit more. By the 3rd, we could kill him with some margin of error. By the 4th, we could actually have 1 or 2 people die and still kill him. That's called progression. GS is a similar fight: insane dps trivializes the fight. Guilds now kill him without him landing more than 5 seconds between phases.

IMO, they should have all the AP/SP from pvp gear go to vengeance, not just half.

Trust me - nothing is being evened....You just get your face smashed in for 4 more seconds.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast