+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dungeon queing problem

Soulwalker

Default Dungeon queing problem

I could not find anything on the net about this so I will have to ask. I am a 22nd level dps cleric. I shortly ago did Iron Tomb as a dps, now it will not let me pick dps no matter what dungeon, or random, I pick. I am only given the choice of Tank and Support, neither of which I am able to do. Heal and damage are just greyed out and I cannot choose them.

Shadowlander

It has to do with how you are spec'd. If you don't have enough points in one of your damage trees, you can't queue as damage. Try putting more points into Shaman, Inquisitor, Cabalist or Druid if you want to queue as dps.

EDIT: Likely what happened is, you did Iron Tombs and leveled. Then you put the point into a healing/tanking tree and you no longer had enough points in an offensive tree to queue as damage.
    Last edited by Absurdity; 08-30-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Or you didn't spend some talent points. You can't queue unless all talent points are spent.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Heelim
    Violent Impact
    Keenblade - Defiant

Have you leveled since you did the dungeon? Did you spend your talent points? If not, make sure you do so. Unspent points can sometimes disallow queuing in a role. This is the most likely explanation.

Another possibility has to do with what your souls are and where the points were spent. What are your souls (if you qualify for support, you have some points in Justicar, 1/3 at least iirc) and how many points are in each? If you leveled and spent points in Just, it's possible you no longer have enough points in a dps soul to qualify fort that role.

The only other possibility I can see is a bug, but I've not heard of anyone having such a bug before.
    And thus I clothe my naked villainy
    With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.-- William Shakespeare

I think once you get over certain threshold levels of talent points, the game arbitarily decides you're specced a certain way. I'm sure there's some logic to it, but I don't know exactly what. As far as clerics are concerned, it sounds like you've got too many points in Justicar relative to your other souls - the game deems it to be a tank/support tree (even though you're probably specced into it for melee AOE grinding) so you can only queue as those roles.

Soulwalker

Default Thanks

Most of my points are in Justicar with some in Shaman and a few in Druid. I cannot do support because I cannot cast buffs on anyone but myself and only in melee can I heal anyone but myself. So more points in Shamen might take care of it?

Quote Originally Posted by jefferysitz View Post
    Most of my points are in Justicar with some in Shaman and a few in Druid. I cannot do support because I cannot cast buffs on anyone but myself and only in melee can I heal anyone but myself. So more points in Shamen might take care of it?
    I know to qualify for support, 1/3 of a cleric's points must be in Justicar. I would guess similar logic would apply to other roles, although the exact numbers may vary.
    And thus I clothe my naked villainy
    With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.-- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by jefferysitz View Post
    22points into justicar is what it takes to qualify you as support, a bit less to count as a tank. So if when you leveled to 22 and capped out justicar you wont be qualified as a dps, only tank or support.

Cleric Tank

+ Reply to Thread