+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Tanks being leader

Soulwalker

Default Tanks being leader

So as being a tank, I like to have lead to right click. Being assist makes you have to type out /readycheck and it's much easier to just right click it. Lately though, groups have been not wanting to pass lead...wtf is up with being lead if your not a tank. You don't get extra rewards, it just makes it easier for us tanks....Seriously people, don't be ******ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edain View Post
    So as being a tank, I like to have lead to right click. Being assist makes you have to type out /readycheck and it's much easier to just right click it. Lately though, groups have been not wanting to pass lead...wtf is up with being lead if your not a tank. You don't get extra rewards, it just makes it easier for us tanks....Seriously people, don't be ******ed.
    Seriously? What gives you as a tank, the right to assume you should be leader?

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Seriously? What gives you as a tank, the right to assume you should be leader?
    So as being a tank, I like to have lead to right click. Being assist makes you have to type out /readycheck and it's much easier to just right click it.

...it just makes it easier for us tanks....
    I don't think he said it's his right. He said it makes it easier being lead for him.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 08-29-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    I don't think he said it's his right. He said it makes it easier being lead for him.
    Cause asking in group chat if people are ready would be too hard?

Champion

Is typing out /readycheck really that big an issue? Or do you just like to see the little crown on your pic in the corner?
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

After grouping with some of these people, yes.

Because standard pugs says tanks are the leaders of a group. Its common and standard practice. It's the real reason people don't tank, they don't want to be leaders.

More annoying it sounds to him.

I guess it's less keystrokes and he'd rather save the strokes for fighting mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by H3artless View Post
    Because standard pugs says tanks are the leaders of a group. Its common and standard practice. It's the real reason people don't tank, they don't want to be leaders.
    I've never heard anything so stupid.

Standard pugs should say that everyone should always stay behind the tank, follow the tanks instructions, and not go out of their way to pull aggro, but as for being leader? Does it really matter? Really?

Standard pugs should say that everyone should always stay behind the tank, follow the tanks instructions, and not go out of their way to pull aggro, but as for being leader? Does it really matter? Really?
    You just summed up that the tank should be lead in pug LFG
    "Let me ask you when your loved ones go to the hospital and get sick would you be QQing then? Would you like passerbys to say hey "QQ" more n00b its life. No to me the quick to throw "QQ" around is like the most ridiculous reply in the world. It's like saying, don't complain, don't say anything, just conform. Well I refuse. If I see something that I believe is an issue I will state it"

Rift Disciple

Yes!

What is so ****ing difficult to understand, here?

"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot." - Samuel Clemens

Yes, typing R? is extremely difficult and painful...have you no souls!
    Last edited by Hoss616; 08-29-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    Hoss

True tanks should be leader of pugs automatically. They set the pace and it's a lot easier for them to mark then having to explain for something else to do so.

I always give lead to tank in dungeons if I happen to be group leader because it's just smart.
    Last edited by INCdex; 08-29-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss616 View Post
    Yes, typing R? is extremely difficult and painful...have you no souls!
    I'm sorry Hoss.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by INCdex View Post
    True tanks should be leader of pugs automatically. They set the pace and it's a lot easier for them to mark then having to explain for something else to do so.

I always give lead to tank in dungeons if I happen to be group leader because it's just smart.
    First sensible reply in this thread.
    "Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot." - Samuel Clemens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast