+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Murdantix tank oneshots

Default Murdantix tank oneshots

Hallo,

today we tried Murdantix for the first time and we encountered a problem. Our tanks sometimes got oneshotet by 'attack' or 'Mangling Crush' for up to 20k damage, they both got enough toughness for the fight. Sometimes the oneshot happend right after the taunt so the tank had no toughness/armor debuff.
    It wasnt a problem with the boss buff either bc it never was that high to justify that high hit. It happend to both of our tanks (warrior and rogue).
    Our setup was 9 melees (including tanks) and 11 rangeds (including healers).

Is there a mechanics that we are not aware of?
    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by marodeur; 08-29-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Prophet of Telara

They didn't let the debuff drop off beforehand, or aren't geared enough. Never seen it happen otherwise.

How much toughness are your tanks running? Did you physically see that they were 'one shot' via combat log, or did they perhaps take a melee swing + cleave, then 'claim' they were one shot? A Parse of the damage taken, would solve a lot if you can get a hold of it, I tank Murdantix myself, as a cleric and can take like 10 stacks before I even see a number near 20k
    Last edited by DoctorSheen; 08-29-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    - THE Doctorsheen -
    As seen on TV

undergeared, you had debuffs and you didn't notice, rogue tanks, or a combination of those 3 would be your issues.
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bobopedic View Post
    undergeared, you had debuffs and you didn't notice, rogue tanks, or a combination of those 3 would be your issues.
    Rogue tanks are fine with no debuffs, it's just when they get the debuffs that it's a problem ;)

I'm wagering it's purely a problem of having too many stacks and not noticing/not letting them drop off.

Ascendant

It's also not a bad idea to go beyond 200 toughness for the fight. A toughness rune on the chest means you can take more stacks without worrying too much.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSheen View Post
    How much toughness are your tanks running? Did you physically see that they were 'one shot' via combat log, or did they perhaps take a melee swing + cleave, then 'claim' they were one shot? A Parse of the damage taken, would solve a lot if you can get a hold of it, I tank Murdantix myself, as a cleric and can take like 10 stacks before I even see a number near 20k
    200 and 220 toughness. Yes i saw the damage in combat parse, its 14k to 20k in one hit, its either 'attack' (auto attack) or the cleave (Mangling Crush), as i said before. And sometimes it happend when they had NO debuff, which i allrdy said too (i saw it, because im a healer, so i see when they got a debuff).

And no they arent undergeared, both are in full raid tier 1.

Last edited by marodeur; 08-29-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Get a source machine with a 20 toughness lens and a chest with a 20 toughness rune. Swap tanks at 4 debuffs. If you're still dying you're undergeared. If it's happening with 'no' debuff as you're saying maybe your tanks are running terrible builds, or not wearing their armour.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    Rogue tanks are fine with no debuffs, it's just when they get the debuffs that it's a problem ;)

I'm wagering it's purely a problem of having too many stacks and not noticing/not letting them drop off.
    I had no problem tanking it up to 4 debuffs. Murdantix is one of the more Rogue-friendly bosses in there.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 08-29-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Get a source machine with a 20 toughness lens and a chest with a 20 toughness rune. Swap tanks at 4 debuffs. If you're still dying you're undergeared. If it's happening with 'no' debuff as you're saying maybe your tanks are running terrible builds, or not wearing their armour.

I had no problem tanking it up to 4 debuffs. Murdantix is one of the more Rogue-friendly bosses in there.
    ^We run it with a warrior and cleric tank. They both can handle 4 debuffs no trouble. We have never seen them get hit even close to that amount.

OP Ill take your word that the tanks are not undergeared, but clearly they are lacking somewhere to get hit that hard, or there is some mistake being made with the debuff which you just are not noticing. My guess is a big portion of the problem is they are running builds that dont work for that fight.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 08-29-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Champion

There may be a bug that people are not aware of, but it's nothing I've heard of before. It honestly sounds like someone didn't let their stacks drop off properly. 220 imo should be your target toughness for this, it's not hard to reach if you use GP/DH to augment any slots you're missing from DH/GP.
    Karlis - Dayblind, formerly (and always in my heart) Briarcliff

Hugs!

I have 2 level 50 warriors - dedication to the cause.

Can't say those reports add up with anything i have seen. I cleric tank it with full T1 raid drops (no mark peices) and the only time I was ever hit that hard was with 15 stacks (the RNG gods favoured me to get that high).

Even near the end of fight when he has a lot of stacks up, and with 4-5 debuffs I dont recall even being hit for 10k - so 20k only makes sense if armor and/or toughness numbers have been reduced far below what they need to be.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Parse it. You're easily taking 2x-3x the damage of a cleric or warrior. It's one of the LEAST rogue friendly bosses in there. You may be able to do it, but it doesn't mean it isn't a bad idea.

And I'm sure you saw the debuffs and know there were none on the tanks. But since I've never heard of ANYONE else having this happen, and a good 50+ guilds kill him every week (and even more attempt it), and it sounds exactly like the kind of thing that would happen at 6-10 stacks of the debuff, I'm gonna go with that as the far more likely answer.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    Parse it. You're easily taking 2x-3x the damage of a cleric or warrior. It's one of the LEAST rogue friendly bosses in there. You may be able to do it, but it doesn't mean it isn't a bad idea.
    We did parse it. I'm looking at them now... I took ~20-50% more damage (way less than with Zilas) for a similar number of hits. It actually makes very little sense to me, I fully understand the gigantic disparities, just speaking from my own experience. Anyway it's neither here nor there. Even as a Rogue I never took a 20k one-shot even with 5 debuffs and 70+ stacks on the boss, so the OP's problem is either a bug or a case of serious stupid.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by marodeur View Post
    200 and 220 toughness. Yes i saw the damage in combat parse, its 14k to 20k in one hit, its either 'attack' (auto attack) or the cleave (Mangling Crush), as i said before. And sometimes it happend when they had NO debuff, which i allrdy said too (i saw it, because im a healer, so i see when they got a debuff).

And no they arent undergeared, both are in full raid tier 1.

That parse means nothing. Was it a clear? Wipe? If it's a wipe, he could have easily hit someone else for that amount.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Rift Disciple

Tanked him today with no problems going up to 5 stacks at times. 220 toughness warrior.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast