+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kicked from Rift Raid group

Shadowlander

Default Kicked from Rift Raid group

Today i took part in my first ever Rift Raid, I only hit 50 yesterday. It was great fun and I had a really good time, albeit being nervous as i was playing a healer (well trying my best)

We completed the rift and I rolled on a pair of gloves. I couldn't believe it when I rolled a 99, and was so happy when I saw that I had won as they were miles better than the ones I had on.

Then a message came up saying that i had "left the Raid" I panicked as i didn't want the other raid members to think that I just took the loot and ran, so i messaged the Raid leader and told him i didn't leave on purpose. He replied "No, you were kicked as people were telling me you cheated"

I was in shock, is this the way it is now? In all the games I've ever played I've never won anything decent, never got Murdantix (sp?) or anything remotely decent like that and the one time lady luck smiles on me... I get kicked out and branded a cheater.

Is it even possible to cheat at /roll?

Sorry, just wanted to vent :/

Sounds more like the raid leader made up a reason to boot you so he could get the item.

It happens, and it sucks. It's part of the reason I never PUG anything, ever.

No it's not possible to cheat on a roll, that's just the excuse they gave for whatever reason. I would suggest getting a guild yourself so it doesn't happen again. You're not allowed to name people on the forum, however there is no rule about going to your realm forum and telling them what a person in a certain guild did.

Shadowlander

I actually won the gloves and I equipped them, that's when I noticed the message about leaving.

As posted, the most likely explaination is that someone in the raidleader's guild wanted the item and they got rid of you to facilitate that.

Of course, there are two sides to every story and without a counter point we really have nothing but speculation.

I actually won the gloves and I equipped them, that's when I noticed the message about leaving.
    In this case, they may have wanted everyone to pass on the item because they forgot to change it to master loot.
    Last edited by TheHangman; 08-29-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vermoord View Post
    If that's the case, then I would've just linked them a couple times in /say and left.

Well then congrats! Remember these people and try not to group with them in the future.

Shadowlander

They probably felt you were undergeared and had no business being in the raid rift. In other words you "cheated" your way into the raid and someone is just making an excuse because they lost a roll. This isn't your fault. If they were really serious about everyone being properly geared, they should do gear checks before the raid begins, and ask nicely to come back when you have higher focus/hit (or make it a rule that you need a certain level of focus/hit to roll on the item before the raid begins). When I run a raid rift, I usually don't care if a few people are undergeared attend and roll. At least you know that the item being rolled on is actually an upgrade. Your best bet is to not go with those guys again.

Oh. Well. The leader was an idiot then, for thinking server-side rolls could be rigged.

Soulwalker

Jealous twits, you got the item, serves them right... ;p

You can't cheat on a roll. So grats and don't let it upset you.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Rift Disciple

......~/\....( [bandwagon]

aka jumping on bandwagon-

Huge upgrade, you rolled, you won. Congrats and don't worry about it-

Ascendant

I say, its their fault if they forgot to switch to master looter. but if that's their "you cheated" item, if thats the case, you still would have won based on the /roll and should have been awarded the item = no cheating.

Congrats on your upgrade. Better luck on your next run and I ecco the comments about finding a good guild to run with.

That happened on Seastone. Raid leader wanted a ring that someone had won with their rolll. He first offered 25 plat to buy it. The guy refused. Then he kicked the guy for some made up reason he was "ungeared".

The raid leader does rift raids very often and if he wasn't aware of the ring he could have just run another raid and called it 1 item reserved next time. Instead he was a db. People called him a thief but after a couple days it died down and he got away with it.

Score 1 for bad guys.

Rift Disciple

Default wellll

thats the reason why raids sucks so much, this new system is a completely faill its just a new form to keap players running the same shiiit over and over again, and people are so ******ed thats it make them entertainned and happy.

But it doesnt work for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast