+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dungeon solo/duo - how low can you go?

Telaran

Default Dungeon solo/duo - how low can you go?

Just curious how close to the recommended/group level folks have soloed or duoed the non-expert dungeons. I'm interested in seeing how many of them can be done while still getting xp from the mobs or the quests. It's a pet project of mine.

Calling/build information or recommendations would be most welcome.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Father Grimm View Post
    Just curious how close to the recommended/group level folks have soloed or duoed the non-expert dungeons. I'm interested in seeing how many of them can be done while still getting xp from the mobs or the quests. It's a pet project of mine.

Calling/build information or recommendations would be most welcome.
    A tank and a chloromancer can duo dungeons, just take a really long time .

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalhealspam View Post
    A tank and a chloromancer can duo dungeons, just take a really long time .
    True, but my duo partner and I have a great 'ol time.

Did Iron Tombs with warrior tank & necro/warlock/dom & still got some xp. Switched to necro/chloro/dom for DSM to get the same results.

Tried cleric & rogue in first two Guardian side dungeons, but couldn't pull those off until everything was grey/no xp.

Trying IT solo now. Necro/chloro/dom is doing very well, and still getting a trickle of xp.

Back in beta I soloed Realm of the Fae at 35 (cap at the time) on my warrior. Haven't tried much since then. Lack of self-healing makes it pretty tough, I suspect clerics can solo dungeons the earliest of anyone.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post
    Back in beta I soloed Realm of the Fae at 35 (cap at the time) on my warrior. Haven't tried much since then. Lack of self-healing makes it pretty tough, I suspect clerics can solo dungeons the earliest of anyone.
    Not in regards to low level instnaces, but i know Well geared Cleric tanks can Solo the Trash in some T1 experts

Cleric Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    Not in regards to low level instnaces, but i know Well geared Cleric tanks can Solo the Trash in some T1 experts
    I can solo a bunch of trash in T1 as a warrior (missing one item to be BiS pre-HK), it's actually easier with a lot of weaker mobs than one powerful mob. The bosses are a different story, I simply run out of defensive cooldowns well before the boss is dead from my meager DPS.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    with Warrior/Cleric duo we've been able to do normal AP, normal CC and eIT.

Can do trash and first boss or two in some of the other T1s but can only clear eIT as a duo.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post

Trickster Maelow is a nightmare to solo with the constant saps and pseudo-Transmogrifies (which he can still attack you through). Was able to take him with a cleric tank build at 31. Also took him with a rogue (ranger/bard) at 31. Constant healing was necessary, and they were long fights. Warriors don't have that great a healing output to deal with a boss like that, especially after the reaver nerf.

General of Telara

For duos, any tank+chloro should be able to kill everything at the intended levels (except for the dps check fights of course). Assuming they don't die from boredom before finishing it.

But for leveling purpose it's just not worth it, you're better off farming random outdoor mobs outside than farm dungeon elites with a tank+heal duo.

Rift Disciple

Ive solo'd all of normal CC as a cleric , shamicar spec

Never tried soloing T1's yet althou im sure its doable at leas tthe trash is
    DROW <Brotherhood of the Spider>-- Shatterbone --- 20mans:: 5/8 ID, 11/11 HK, 5/5 GSB, 4/4 ROS{} 10mans: 4/4 RotP , 4/4 GP, 4/4 DH //\\ Foxplay PA Level's counter: 1034 (T2 PA cap makes me sadface)

+ Reply to Thread