+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Random dungeon is so borken

Shadowlander

Default Random dungeon is so borken

When you cleared RD 3times in a row with 4 of the same people and it still takes me to RD the 4th time. How about perma locking a dungeon after you clear it or random. After the 3rd one it just got ridiculously stupid.

Rift Disciple

Random dungeon isn't broken, it's just people que up for a specific dungeon ( RDx ) and since the random dungeon que is the same as specific, it take 5 people from either one and starts the dungeon.

I'm positive that the random dungeon que is not broken

Quote Originally Posted by smizmar View Post
    When you cleared RD 3times in a row with 4 of the same people and it still takes me to RD the 4th time. How about perma locking a dungeon after you clear it or random. After the 3rd one it just got ridiculously stupid.
    5 APs yesterday...between the 3rd and fourth I got a pop for the mines and landed to hear "Ah I hate this place, let's all re-queue in 9 minutes" "Ok, bye" and people bailed. Queued back up again...and...AP.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Even if you were to get one 20 times in a row, that is still considered random. But as said above, it is most likely people queuing for a specific, not to mention if you are leveling, there are only about 2-3 instances per level bracket that it would put you in.

Btw almost the exact same thread was started a few days ago and I said almost the exact same response.

Prophet of Telara

does anyone know what the lockout timer is? i did cc last night and i had some weird lockout on my character sheet that's on some random timezone and then like an hour later i was back in cc again. so my guess is the timer is 1 hour?

Rift Disciple

From my experience i usually get ap or cc because one or more people in the group are trying to get the weapon set drops. They queue specific and i queue random, and the system puts us together in the dungeon they want. Just be glad people are queuing specific for easy dungeons, and you don't get DSM each time.

You might be seeing a dungeon trend right now because there are still lots of people working on the Water Saga series. It requires a trip through AP, expert RotF, and expert RD. I know when i needed those dungeons for the quest series, I queued for that specific dungeon rather than a random. So these will probably pop up more often due to people requesting them specifically.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    does anyone know what the lockout timer is? i did cc last night and i had some weird lockout on my character sheet that's on some random timezone and then like an hour later i was back in cc again. so my guess is the timer is 1 hour?
    The specific lockouts on experts is a day I think. You can random all day long though. I'm not sure the lower level versions have any lock outs at all.

IME *(which is almost always having 5-person premade) the random queue is independent uniform random.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by LyricDawnhagen View Post
    You might be seeing a dungeon trend right now because there are still lots of people working on the Water Saga series. It requires a trip through AP, expert RotF, and expert RD. I know when i needed those dungeons for the quest series, I queued for that specific dungeon rather than a random. So these will probably pop up more often due to people requesting them specifically.
    yep.

/567890

Yesterday we had DD 4 times in row

Queuing with my guild (full group of 5 players) we commonly (STUPIDLY) get CC and DD alot, first we got 5 dds in a row, then next was like 4-5 CCs in a row... which to me isn't very random at all..

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by yoshirawr View Post
    From my experience i usually get ap or cc because one or more people in the group are trying to get the weapon set drops. They queue specific and i queue random, and the system puts us together in the dungeon they want. Just be glad people are queuing specific for easy dungeons, and you don't get DSM each time.
    I would love to get DSM every time. It is the only dungeon that drops anything useful. I am looking at you Sacred Heirloom of the Eth.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Yesterday, with a full group of friends, no one with any locked timer up:
    - random T2 > RD
    - clean a bit while waiting for timer expiry
    - random T2 > RD
    - clean a bit while waiting for timer expiry
    - random T2 > RD
    0.8 % chances ? Random is not random since I haven't done a single T2 in a month so that's not just one bad draw. Unfortunately we didn't have time to waste just to check how far the series would have gone.

And don't get me started on the random loot. I believe I haven't seen a single plate tanking piece in T2 so far (and barely in T1). So much for usually being the tank of the group.
    Random is not random.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fogia View Post
    Random is not random.
    Except it is. Random Number Generators are by nature streaky, and while the odds of you getting 3 RDs in a row is .8%, so is the chance of getting AP -> RD -> CC, or any other combo of three T2s. While you get 3 RDs, some else gets three APs, someone else gets three completely different ones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast