+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Hydriss

Prophet of Telara

Default Question about Hydriss

So we were taking on Hydriss for the 2nd time last night but something different (and unexpected happened) which caused us to wipe horrifically and generally put a downer on our mood...

First time:

During the hive phase she would stay up in the air stationary and not cast Tsunami making it quite a simple nuke phase

Last night:

She rose up in the air for the hive phase and start moving around willy nilly and constantly repeat casting Tsunami in all directions making it impossible!

I'm assuming the first time was what is meant to happen? Else if the real tsunami **** fest is the real deal how can you control her movement/direction of the Tsunamis?
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Dude, this happened to us, too! I, and all my raiders, put in bug reports about this, yet no answer(and probably less work) from Trion on this issue. That, and a few other things happened that we reported.

Yet, before 1.4.1, we were able to beat her twice with 0 bugs(this was immediately after they fixed tsunami in one of the hotfixes. It seems they break something when trying to fix other things.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 08-28-2011 at 11:47 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Rift Chaser

She's done this since day 1. Occasionally she will not begin casting Water Burst or Hydrostatic Shock and will instead just continue her normal ability chain. Usually when it happens we just intentionally wipe it and come back in. If she does it on the hive phase, it would be near impossible to win since you couldn't just burn her through it. On the bubble phase however, I suppose you could just continue the fight as normal and just ignore the elementals and the bubble. Not sure what would happen.

Every time we attempted her she bugged out. A total of 5 times before I called it because I will not waste my time and my raiders' time on something that is obviously more than a bug.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

weve found it to be both ways as well
    one night she will be a complete nightmare, next time its a steamroll
    inconsistency in her method
    who took my names!

Plane Touched

I have not seen it happen on the hive phase, but it did happen once when the bubble spawned. We ignored the elementals and kept dpsing the boss, and when her one-shot nuke would have gone off, the elementals just fell over dead where they were. She kept doing her normal attacks and tsunamis the whole time.

Rift Chaser

Its happened to me a few times when my guild has gone for her. Its an unexpected wipe to be sure. Alas just reset her and start over at the moment.....
    <Harshmallows> Gelidra shard

Kuurgan - Level 65 Warrior
    Macleodd - Level 65 Mage
    Ramirezz - Level 65 Rogue

+ Reply to Thread