+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camera Collision

Soulwalker

Default Camera Collision

Hiya, I'm a tank, and as a Tank, I often end up positioned with my back against a wall, a pile of boxes, a fence, a big pile of rocks, or roots, or whatever else is available to allow me to gather the mobs, ensure that they are hitting me and only me, and avoid getting knocked back. While this is great for strategy, it is not so great for visuals. I rarely see fights. I see the underbelly of whatever oversized boss I'm fighting and a spray of bright spell effects that would most assuredly trigger and epileptic seizure if that were a malady that afflicted me. This is a visually appealing game. It looks really nice, and I would like to see the fights as they happen. But visual aesthetics are a minor issue compared to the fact that this makes it quite difficult to maintain situational awareness. I end up with my eyes glued to the raid frames for the duration of the fight to make sure that I have control over mobs and my allies are not taking damage. I don't know if there is a solution to this. Perhaps allows the camera to cut out of the room, or allow a selectable option to make barriers that I so often position myself on to be semi-transparent, who knows. I'm enjoying the game, keep up the good work Devs. Just wanted to communicate an issue I'm seeing. And if you have already mastered this, good for you, please share so I know how you are coping.

Press "v", you'll get the point. after all your camera isn't static now is it ?
    Last edited by TyrLith; 08-28-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Soulwalker

Holding V is almost as helpful as the camera angles in Mario 64. I need a guy in a cloud floating around with a camera. I understand the camera isn't static, thanks for the suggestion, though.

i never told u to hold V, merely showing what happens with the camera once you press it.. now u could just turn it that way normaly.. and one would not have problem with any camera colisions :P

yes i notice this frequently myself, and rotating the camera often doesnt solve it, until you find one "sweet spot" angle where you can see whats going on.

however if its a movement fight, just gotta bear with it.
    Auberon ~ Mage-wannabe Cleric
    Proud Member of <Seraphim> ~ Guardians on Laethys
    www.seraphim-rift.com

Plane Touched

It's annoying but I don't see a solution to the problem, unless the camera was able to float through walls which would be terrible.

+ Reply to Thread