+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Players being forced to Exploit in Dungeons (AP/CC) or risk being voite kicked.

Default Players being forced to Exploit in Dungeons (AP/CC) or risk being voite kicked.

Over a month ago I reported this issue to Trion in Feedback and even GM Ticketed. Tanks or anyone in the dungeon group are forcing others to wall/mountain climb to bypass trash pulls, clearly not intented and thus a exploit, and if you refuse to do the wall climbing then you are vote kicked from group.

So now players that don't want to exploit the game are penalized because of Trion's lack of action.
    This is REGULARLY happening in CC and AP Experts.

Also another exploit in AP on the 3rd boss, a few days ago the tank and healer(same guild) where telling anyone that got put in blood crystal to just logout/in really fast to bypass not having to dps them out, saw the healer do it, they relogged and were cleared/freed of the blood crystal, it's pretty pathetic that people have to use exploits for easy encounters such as this.

If a GM or Mod would like to contact me regarding how/where they exploit the geometry, please do so, I'm posting here because nothing was done when Feedback/GM ticket submitted.

Rift Master

I would also like to see these exploits fixed, I normally only do guild runs where these exploits are not used, but I have been in PUGS where they thought these tactics were acceptable. I do report the exploiters every time, as well as submit feedback and bug reports.

A very good solution to this and so many other concerns that get discussed here:

Make a complete 5-man group of compatible playmates BEFORE you click the LFG tool.

(btw, I did a random with guildmates yesterday, got CCx, killed every single mob in the zone, and we still got rapid-assault for the guys who didn't have it yet)

Rift Master

I agree that its optimal to get a full group before clicking the LFG, but its also not always an option.

Having said that, exploiting should never be an option.

Keep reporting the players who exploit. And make sure you let Trion know your dissatisfaction with the current tolerance to exploits of all kinds.

Yea, I know its a bit of work. But while waiting for the LFG pops, leave a quick and pointed feedback message. It's not too hard, honestly.

Victory through attrition.
    Last edited by titansgrip; 08-28-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Rift Master

Who cares, it actually makes it take longer if you have competent dps. Skipping a couple trash pulls isn't really game changing. And how do you know some shortcuts were not intended?

Why do you care... ? Reminds me of the kids in school who used to remind the teacher we had homework.

Seriously, relax nerds.
    Last edited by A Mage; 08-28-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Why do you care... ? Reminds me of the kids in school who used to remind the teacher we had homework.

Seriously, relax nerds.
    Bad analogy. It's more like when you got assigned a group project, and the other kids tell you to just skip part of the assignment.

The OP isn't trying to make everyone have to kill the trash mobs or not exploit the boss. He's complaining that he gets kicked from the group if he doesn't want to exploit.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Soulwalker

Not sure what the problem is here.As far as we know Trion put in short cuts to skip some trash as a reward for those who took time to find it.I mean in the open world there are places where you get achievements for being able to scale jump to a high peak , or to a otherwise unobtainable area.If it is a exploit then so beit.Fix it.But don't start blaming the players who find it , when they have been rewarded for finding stuff like this in any other situation.Honestly if Trion acted against people for finding routes off the beaten path they should be ashamed , when they implement these paths there selves in areas.

As far as I am concerned , if Trion doesn't make a public statement about it being a exploit, then it is working as they designed it .
    Last edited by korndog22; 08-28-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Bad analogy. It's more like when you got assigned a group project, and the other kids tell you to just skip part of the assignment.
    Ok. If its a pointless part of the project that doesn't benefit anyone/thing (such as extra trash in CC?) I see no reason why you can't skip it.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

so you like killing trash? it seems like a mindless grind with the odd decent drop.
    Orchide (Kelari) | eXile Corp (Rocket Science) | Assassin/Marksman
    Level: 60 (R80) | Server: Zaviel

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by iHunii View Post
    with the odd decent drop.
    Exactly why I'd do it.

Actually got myself a drop I wanted by forcing the group to go through one of the trash packs people like to skip. And pretty much the only reason I run most of the experts on my tank now is for those BoE drops... so yeah, you can spend the extra couple minutes to do them (especially in CC when half the time a PUG will wipe on one of the last three bosses or someone has to leave, and then you need to clear the trash anyway or hope the next person knows how to make the jumps).
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

Exactly why I'd do it.

Actually got myself a drop I wanted by forcing the group to go through one of the trash packs people like to skip. And pretty much the only reason I run most of the experts on my tank now is for those BoE drops... so yeah, you can spend the extra couple minutes to do them (especially in CC when half the time a PUG will wipe on one of the last three bosses or someone has to leave, and then you need to clear the trash anyway or hope the next person knows how to make the jumps).
    Collect artifacts for money, and do dungeons for plaques. A .000000000007% drop rate for 100plat isn't worth it. Find a different method to make money.
    Last edited by Gill; 08-29-2011 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was removed
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Quote Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
    Exactly why I'd do it.

Lucky you, i usually come across some **** i could've found in a warfront
    Orchide (Kelari) | eXile Corp (Rocket Science) | Assassin/Marksman
    Level: 60 (R80) | Server: Zaviel

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

shortcuts are exploits? I'd rather not take them myself for the rep and the random purple drops, I could use a few of them, and my AH spec always loves them. but to call them exploits that sounds a bit strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast