+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the optimum Raid DPS for RoS

Default What is the optimum Raid DPS for RoS

My guild struggled with the first boss Galenir. So it got me thinking about the other bosses (besides the foci, which is actually cake). I also know that plutonis is the 2nd dps check in that instance. So what are the numbers to down each boss for RoS. (and I know it's >9000)

Plane Touched

14-15K is enough
    Elwinz@Whitefall EU Defiant Warrior r8/8

Gsb 5/5 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Malupit View Post
    My guild struggled with the first boss Galenir. So it got me thinking about the other bosses (besides the foci, which is actually cake). I also know that plutonis is the 2nd dps check in that instance. So what are the numbers to down each boss for RoS. (and I know it's >9000)
    i dont know the total raid DPS required, but my first ever kill on warmaster months back i was highest with 1200, most of our "good DPSers" were 900-1000ish. the most important thing wasnt DPS though, it was not healing him. for raid DPS required for him you can take his max HP and divide it by the enrage timer in seconds. plutonus gets a bit more complicated than that.

Shield of Telara

F1 is your friend.

Don't do what I did one night. I am the one who normally calls stuff out. We had 6 new people in the raid and I was concerned if we were going to have enough DPS for Plutonus. So I was looking at the monitor to the side staring at the DPS numbers (15k average, 17k spike). All of a sudden, I hear in my headphones my name called out . . . I had healed Warmaster for more than 500k! Everyone laughed about it because vent was silent and I went, "Huh?" when my name was called.

So long story short, when someone is called out, tell them to hit F1. It will target themselves and no healing will occur.

And if you get no heals off, probably 12-14k would be fine to kill him.
    Last edited by Daayou; 08-26-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Rift Disciple

Every mistake heals Galenir for 137,019 health.
    Galenir starts with between 3,450,000 and 3,500,000 (not exactly sure).

The enrage timer is 330 seconds so you need about 10,500 raid dps just for him.

Our total mote damage done back in the slow days was 323,025 on a kill (you get less motes the quicker you kill him). Pretty much 11,600 raid dps should be the bare minimum for a kill assuming nobody heals him.
    Last edited by daarknight; 08-26-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Champion

15K will clear you the instance. But optimum? Trends to infinity =D
    Karlis - Dayblind, formerly (and always in my heart) Briarcliff

Hugs!

I have 2 level 50 warriors - dedication to the cause.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by daarknight View Post
    Every mistake heals Galenir for 137,019 health.
    Galenir starts with between 3,450,000 and 3,500,000 (not exactly sure).

The enrage timer is 330 seconds so you need about 10,500 raid dps just for him.

Our total mote damage done back in the slow days was 323,025 on a kill (you get less motes the quicker you kill him). Pretty much 11,600 raid dps should be the bare minimum for a kill assuming nobody heals him.
    Last week, we healed him about 60% from 20 to 80 and still killed him before the enrage timer. The rogue had like 5.5k HPS though, woo!
    Last edited by Tumnayar; 08-28-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    Last week, we healed him about 60% from 20 to 80 and still killed him before the enrage timer. The rogue had like 5.5k HPS though, woo!
    Our problem is we now kill the herald adds so fast all 4 die within a few seconds and we consistenly impending doom ourselves to death, and this is despite trying to coordinate people ><
    Karlis - Dayblind, formerly (and always in my heart) Briarcliff

Hugs!

I have 2 level 50 warriors - dedication to the cause.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Karlis View Post
    Our problem is we now kill the herald adds so fast all 4 die within a few seconds and we consistenly impending doom ourselves to death, and this is despite trying to coordinate people ><
    Yeah, we have to single target mobs down so that doesn't happen, but sometimes you can kill them so quick they don't blow up.
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

1 or 2 people aoeing, the rest single targetting.
    GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/10

Chloromacers who macro their spells suck

Quote Originally Posted by Verez View Post
    1 or 2 people aoeing, the rest single targetting.
    ^ split the aoe and single target dps into whatever amounts get them all done the quickest while still allowing heals to top folks off before next one drops.

As for optimal dps. 15k for full clear, but you can make do with less. However Optimal is really as much dps as your dps can pump out while not sacrificing the amount of tanks/heals you need.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 08-29-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Plane Touched

You need around 15k to comfortably get through it. If you are struggling to reach 12k then you may need to have a look at some people's builds. All full dps should be easily over 1k, every class can attain this atm with at least full T2 gear, so you might need to politely suggest some new specs for people.

Also make sure everone is fully buffed and using flasks and stones, this will boost dps by a couple of thousand easy.

We ST the first caster, the start AOE

To the OP, you shouldn't start without 12k. Test yourself on the dark focus. If that's not too bad, keep going to WM. Don't rush the other 2 bosses though. You want to be able to hit 16k easily and sustained (18+ with flaring power). If you rush the profession, you will depend on 100% perfect execution and burn your guild out. Better to focus on Hylas and the 10 mans to gear up.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    We ST the first caster, the start AOE .
    This.

As long as you do this, the remaining 3 should never blow up at the same time.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 08-29-2011 at 06:09 AM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Plane Walker

We do the same thing no AoE until the 1st one is dead

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast