+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Bad Things to Hear in Pick Up Groups

Two things cause me to walk out;

1. Party members pressed for time. Don't queue-- no, scratch that. Don't play an MMO if you do not have vast amounts of time to put into any activity you sign up for with others.

2. Constant AFKing.

Both 1 and 2 are inconsiderate of the other players and represent a fundamental disconnect in the goal & intention of this particular genre.

Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post
    "Hey guys I've never tanked before but it seems fun and I want to try. I've never done this instance before either." --- From a level 30 I got pugged into FC normal with on my alt. He was wearing full DPS gear and a shield. I gave him the benefit of the doubt of one pull when he only held aggro on 1/3 mobs and caused a party wipe on the first trash in FC before I left.
    At level 30 it shouldn't matter what kind of gear they are wearing, assuming it was either a Tank or a Cleric since you said shield. So long as they had any decent tank spec the gear doesn't matter. You leaving because a person that has NEVER tanked before and NEVER done the instance caused a wipe is the sad part.

Hey!I'm DPS and hate having ultra long que times but if anyone new to tanking ever tries then I'm going to call him bad and leave! That'll show em!!!
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    At level 30 it shouldn't matter what kind of gear they are wearing, assuming it was either a Tank or a Cleric since you said shield. So long as they had any decent tank spec the gear doesn't matter. You leaving because a person that has NEVER tanked before and NEVER done the instance caused a wipe is the sad part.

Hey!I'm DPS and hate having ultra long que times but if anyone new to tanking ever tries then I'm going to call him bad and leave! That'll show em!!!
    What he said. Tank gear doesn't exist pre-50 really. You were just a ******.

#1 that makes me cringe:

"Lets go for rapid assault!"

When someone says that at the start of a PuG I run away screaming.

Ascendant

"I need an offhealer"

Thanks for assuming I was DPS but I was queued as a healer.

When I say he didn't have tank gear, I mean he had greens 10 levels below him and had less max HP than the dps rogue of the same level did. There was no way in hell I was going to keep him alive.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Thanks for assuming I was DPS but I was queued as a healer.

When I say he didn't have tank gear, I mean he had greens 10 levels below him and had less max HP than the dps rogue of the same level did. There was no way in hell I was going to keep him alive.
    It's quite easy to keep people alive in NORMAL instances. With the exception of gear I got out of instances I never really upgraded anything. Now if he wasn't in an actual tank spec or you're a bad healer then MAYBE I see your point, but it doesn't matter pre-AP/CC (even then most of the time just experts) what kind of gear you're wearing. If he was indeed tank spec then there's no way in hell he would have less health then a rogue of the same level, the soul trees just don't allow it.

And as to my earlier post I meant Warrior or Cleric, not Tank or Cleric... Didn't catch that when I wrote it.
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

It's quite easy to keep people alive in NORMAL instances. With the exception of gear I got out of instances I never really upgraded anything. Now if he wasn't in an actual tank spec or you're a bad healer then MAYBE I see your point, but it doesn't matter pre-AP/CC (even then most of the time just experts) what kind of gear you're wearing. If he was indeed tank spec then there's no way in hell he would have less health then a rogue of the same level, the soul trees just don't allow it.

And as to my earlier post I meant Warrior or Cleric, not Tank or Cleric... Didn't catch that when I wrote it.
    No idea what spec he was but it allowed him to queue as a tank apparently... he had 2500 hp as a level 28 warrior tank. Died in about 2 seconds from the first pull once he had it all (which was after the two DPS died)
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lilisette View Post

People quitting after a death is very common. I blame WoW for that once since I see it happen all the time in PUGs on that game. it's a pain too since I play a Holy Paladin on WoW and healer queue times are stupidly long due to the lack of tanks.
    Why is WoW the excuse for anything...if someone left the dungeon, blame them, not another game. Its like blaming a plate for the rotten meal on it instead of the chef that cooked it :P

We have to deal with the many QQer, troll, ragequiter, etc not due to wow but simply because mmo are not longer a "hidden" genre, its now a main thing opened to the mass.

As for other comment on dps warrior...it seem to be true, i am a dps warrior myself and it seem most of the bad experience i had in 5-man was either with fellow dps warrior or healer who somehow manage to get in t2 with quest green. I am all for giving a chance, but when a raid-geared tank die on the thrash in eDSM cause the healer cannot keep up....yeah :P

Actually no, i did had bad experience with warriors...but the single, most infuriating thing i see in 5-man is healer not cleansing...seriously, i see one healer out of 10 dispel dots and effect, they all try to heal thru...and it does not work maybe i should make a crappy riftblade/vk build just so i can do some kind of "acceptable" dps while been able to cleanse?

Prophet of Telara

Learned a new one today:

"Our last healer was some idiot who left saying we didn't have good enough DPS."

This was in a group with all 3 DPS pulling sub-500. In Expert CC. /facepalm

No idea what spec he was but it allowed him to queue as a tank apparently... he had 2500 hp as a level 28 warrior tank. Died in about 2 seconds from the first pull once he had it all (which was after the two DPS died)
    Maybe he didn't have his buffs up, maybe he didn't use the right abilities. You said it was his first time ever doing the instance and also his first time EVER trying to tank. Instead of helping him out you leave.

I tanked several normals in my dps spec and had no problems with survivability, the only times I ever noticed I hadn't swapped specs is when I lost agro. I had healers like you when I first started tanking t1's. I didn't have any gear besides some from ap/cc so they quit because it would have been to much work for them. Instead I had to go BUY gear just so a healer would stick around, regardless of the fact that we hadn't wiped with the gear I had previously. ...don't complain when your wait times are high, you're the one causing it.
    Last edited by Eorith; 08-21-2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Removed rude comments
    Definition of Generally

I haven't had any bad groups so far in LFG, done 1-2 T2s per day since 1.4. Guess I'm lucky?!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lilisette View Post
    Archon in APx still wearing quest blues: Healer is an all purples, I'm not supporting. Support is for nubs in quest blue. (I'd like to note that that PUG was basically an entry level T2 party with a clearly brand new tank and only me and the healer in raid gear which is why we asked for the support for the tank's benefit)
    I am not entirely sure what you mean here - do you want an Archon or do you not want an Archon?

If it is the former, you are bad if you need one. Archons come with weak damage and weak buffs in a 5 man setting. You are essentially throwing away 500 dps(yes, clearing mobs faster = less healing and need for healers to pop cds). If the tank has issues holding aggro, an Archon isn't going to make things a lot better. And if the tank is undergeared but holds aggro decently, a Chloro/Lock is going to be x1000000 better than a ~500 armor buff.

If it is the latter, then good for you, the mage should be running something like Chloro/Lock to support with AoE dps and healing.

My favorite so far...
    xAP after Tank loses aggro consistently up to first boss he says, "I'm really our raid healer, just trying out a warrior tanking spec" When asked what his spec was, he says, "Dunno, just tossed sumthin together"

Why do people use T2's to test their tanking ability for the first time?!

"A rogue tank and a mage healer? Ok, I'm out." *quits*

Is it just me or is chloro healing really good? I've had no issues healing the same rogue tank since RotF (Sir Streebo Skapow).

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

In a t2 when the tank needed on an item:
    "Yay I have <number of toughness on item> toughness now!"

How did he even queue Q_Q

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast