+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Frequency of drops for different classes

Rift Disciple

Default Frequency of drops for different classes

I use a mage and am finding it exceedingly difficult to obtain mage gear in dungeons. From what I've been told, this is an equal issue for warriors and to a lesser extent - rogues.

I know this is due to cleric being able to play so many different roles, yet that doesn't make it fair.

In 40 dungeons I rolled on 3 different mage items. The drop rate should be 25% for each class but it's not even close to that.

So I am wondering what success different classes have had with drops and how you feel about it.

Ascendant

Clerics certainly have the advantage atm. The cleric tank relics always really make me mad since we don't use them (they are inferior, of course)

RIFT Fan Site Operator Starseeker's Avatar

I agree that cleric stuff seems to drop alot

generally my group gets 3-4 cleric pieces, and sometimes a rogue piece or 2, then maybe if we are lucky a weapon or cloth/plate

Cleric - Defiant - Greybriar

Leader of Midnight Aeternus Guild

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Clerics certainly have the advantage atm. The cleric tank relics always really make me mad since we don't use them (they are inferior, of course)
    As an example a new level 50 cleric from my guild went into his first t1 dungeon and got 4 pieces of gear in 1 trip. That is ridiculous and I have to do 10 for 1 piece and usually more to be honest.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Starseeker View Post
    I agree that cleric stuff seems to drop alot

generally my group gets 3-4 cleric pieces, and sometimes a rogue piece or 2, then maybe if we are lucky a weapon or cloth/plate
    That's been my experience as well, the loot tables are messed up. I am just hoping Trion reads this, I know this isn't the first post about it but it's something that needs balanced.

Someone a while back ran tests on it and the determination was as such:

Drops:

Warrior (Tank): 12.5%
    Warrior (DPS): 12.5%

Rogue (Tank): 12.5%
    Rogue (DPS): 12.5%

Cleric (Tank): 12.5%
    Cleric (Focus/DPS): 12.5%
    Cleric (Heals): 12.5%

Mage (DPS/Heals/Focus): 12.5%

Basically it breaks down to this. Mages require only 1 type of gear for any build. Dps gear, with focus on it. That gear will work for any of their spec's as they dps to heal. Warriors and Rogues each have a chance for dps gear and tank gear. As such there are 2 chances for Warrior or Rogue gear. 1 chance for each type. Clerics have a chance for Focus based gear (for dps and dps to heals), Pure heal stat gear (for more pure heal setups), and tank gear.

So.... due to the simple fact that for some reason... clerics focus gear, and pure heal stat gear are seperate... clerics have 3 chances at 12.5% for each type of gear to drop.

So:

Warriors: 25%
    Rogue: 25%
    Cleric: 37.5%
    Mage: 12.5%

Before you take the numbers and run.... this was never verified by Trion, nor is it 100% accurate. However someone had been taking and compiling stats since day 1 of the game and those were the types of numbers they were getting. I wish i could find the original post.

What can you take from this: Well its a positive and negative. On one side... mage gear drops a lot less. On the other side, you only need 1 piece to do your jobs, whereas other classes (especially clerics), need more then 1 piece for that same slot. So in the end, while gear aside from mage gear may drop more often, it doesnt necessarily translate into those folks being better geared then the mage. If i have 3 pieces of loot, 1 for tanking, 1 for dps, and 1 for healing, but the mage has 1 piece of loot that covers all builds, is the cleric better off then the mage?

I dont think so....
    Last edited by No_Exit; 07-20-2011 at 07:07 AM.

I've only ever done one expert run (it was a t1) with my cleric. In the run that I did, every single boss dropped a cleric item.

I've no idea how many t1/t2s I've done on my mage but it's been enough to buy 2 pieces of t2 plaque gear, so maybe about 25-30 runs. In all of those runs, I've only ever seen 1 epic mage item drop. I lost the roll on it to a cleric.

Sure, not exactly scientific, but it's been enough for me to give up doing t1s/t2s as a mage.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Someone a while back ran tests on it and the determination was as such:

Drops:

Warrior (Tank): 12.5%
    Warrior (DPS): 12.5%

Rogue (Tank): 12.5%
    Rogue (DPS): 12.5%

Cleric (Tank): 12.5%
    Cleric (Focus/DPS): 12.5%
    Cleric (Heals): 12.5%

Mage (DPS/Heals/Focus): 12.5%

Basically it breaks down to this. Mages require only 1 type of gear for any build. Dps gear, with focus on it. That gear will work for any of their spec's as they dps to heal. Warriors and Rogues each have a chance for dps gear and tank gear. As such there are 2 chances for Warrior or Rogue gear. 1 chance for each type. Clerics have a chance for Focus based gear (for dps and dps to heals), Pure heal stat gear (for more pure heal setups), and tank gear.

So.... due to the simple fact that for some reason... clerics focus gear, and pure heal stat gear are seperate... clerics have 3 chances at 12.5% for each type of gear to drop.

So:

Warriors: 25%
    Rogue: 25%
    Cleric: 37.5%
    Mage: 12.5%

Before you take the numbers and run.... this was never verified by Trion, nor is it 100% accurate. However someone had been taking and compiling stats since day 1 of the game and those were the types of numbers they were getting. I wish i could find the original post.

What can you take from this: Well its a positive and negative. On one side... mage gear drops a lot less. On the other side, you only need 1 piece to do your jobs, whereas other classes (especially clerics), need more then 1 piece for that same slot. So in the end, while gear aside from mage gear may drop more often, it doesnt necessarily translate into those folks being better geared then the mage. If i have 3 pieces of loot, 1 for tanking, 1 for dps, and 1 for healing, but the mage has 1 piece of loot that covers all builds, is the cleric better off then the mage?

I dont think so....
    Good to know however 12.5% is exceedingly small when compared to 25% for any other class. At least you can take the gear and change your spec if you need to. A mage cannot and it shouldn't take over 50 dungeons to get a full set of t1 gear but it takes even more than that for a mage. So what if a warrior gets DPS gear but wanted tank gear? Just roll DPS until tank gear drops in the next tier. Still seems unfair.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vinge View Post
    I've only ever done one expert run (it was a t1) with my cleric. In the run that I did, every single boss dropped a cleric item.

I've no idea how many t1/t2s I've done on my mage but it's been enough to buy 2 pieces of t2 plaque gear, so maybe about 25-30 runs. In all of those runs, I've only ever seen 1 epic mage item drop. I lost the roll on it to a cleric.

Sure, not exactly scientific, but it's been enough for me to give up doing t1s/t2s as a mage.
    Exactly. You need an obscene number of runs to get a set of t1. I have done over 40 t1 dungeons and still need 3 pieces. How is that close to fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    Good to know however 12.5% is exceedingly small when compared to 25% for any other class. At least you can take the gear and change your spec if you need to. A mage cannot and it shouldn't take over 50 dungeons to get a full set of t1 gear but it takes even more than that for a mage. So what if a warrior gets DPS gear but wanted tank gear? Just roll DPS until tank gear drops in the next tier. Still seems unfair.
    Except that in the end they still are getting the same amount of "upgrade" even though the mage gear drop rate is less then the warrior gear drop rate.

If a warrior gets 1 dps gear piece and 1 tank gear piece and the mage gets 1 gear piece the warrior has gotten 2 pieces to the mages 1. However the mages 1 gear piece upgrades all builds, while 1 of the warriors gear pieces only upgrades 1 build.

In the end both the mage and the warrior have gotten the same amount of upgrade, even though the warrior got more gear.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Except that in the end they still are getting the same amount of "upgrade" even though the mage gear drop rate is less then the warrior gear drop rate.

If a warrior gets 1 dps gear piece and 1 tank gear piece and the mage gets 1 gear piece the warrior has gotten 2 pieces to the mages 1. However the mages 1 gear piece upgrades all builds, while 1 of the warriors gear pieces only upgrades 1 build.

In the end both the mage and the warrior have gotten the same amount of upgrade, even though the warrior got more gear.
    I would say it is more fair with t3 but less for tier 1 or 2 because you can get to the next tier more quickly with any class other than mage. I may be doing another 50 until I can move to t2 and then it starts again.

I would say it is more fair with t3 but less for tier 1 or 2 because you can get to the next tier more quickly with any class other than mage. I may be doing another 50 until I can move to t2 and then it starts again.
    Ill agree with the lower tier dungeon content its a bit more "unfair", then it is with raid content. That said, ive seen plenty of mage loot in t2's. Random loot is random.... and regardless of the drop rate, you can have runs where you see nothing but mage gear. I know ive seen some.

As an example a new level 50 cleric from my guild went into his first t1 dungeon and got 4 pieces of gear in 1 trip. That is ridiculous and I have to do 10 for 1 piece and usually more to be honest.
    This happened to me when my guild took my cleric on her first T1 two days ago. I got 4 new pieces of gear (3 purple, 1 blue) whilst the rogue in the group got one blue drop.
    Fugitive Red, the Wandering Priestess

General of Telara

RNG is Random.

All our mages but one have a T3 weapons.
    All our clerics but one have a T3 weapons (multiple weapons for some of them)

Only one of our rogues has a T3 weapon
    Only one of our warriors has a T3 weapon

Now on the non-weapon stuff, mage stuff is certainly rare. So far our drops look like:
    Chain > Leather >>> Plate > Cloth (and same with the accessories designed for those callings)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanol View Post
    RNG is Random.

All our mages but one have a T3 weapons.
    All our clerics but one have a T3 weapons (multiple weapons for some of them)

Only one of our rogues has a T3 weapon
    Only one of our warriors has a T3 weapon

Now on the non-weapon stuff, mage stuff is certainly rare. So far our drops look like:
    Chain > Leather >>> Plate > Cloth (and same with the accessories designed for those callings)
    I would say that is on par with our guild as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast