+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Frequency of drops for different classes

  1. #31
    Plane Walker Moloch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    385

    Default

    to a lesser extend rogues? serious? only dps leather i see drop is cover of night and unatural legguards (blue crap nobody needs not included), thats it, and thats since i started doing t2's a week or 2 after headstart and ive literally done a ton of runs so far, yea plaque gear is better, but that shouldnt be an excuse and the drops look way better too, heck, ive seen 2(!) people on the shard since headstart that had the polished pumice spaulders
    Last edited by Moloch; 07-20-2011 at 04:43 PM.

  2. #32
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    The point is that you don't have to work as hard to get something.
    I disagree. As a healer, I have to make up for the mistakes the dps make, so they can stand in fire, get hit by lasers, whatever. They can just spam their macros while I actually have to make intelligent decisions about who and how to heal. They'll get their gear eventually.

  3. #33
    Prophet of Telara Raynald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alloryn View Post
    I disagree. As a healer, I have to make up for the mistakes the dps make, so they can stand in fire, get hit by lasers, whatever. They can just spam their macros while I actually have to make intelligent decisions about who and how to heal. They'll get their gear eventually.
    While I agree with your point about fails who stand in the fire, it`s a fallacy to equate the current argument about gear drops with how well the group is going (be it heals, aggro or fail awareness issues)

    The fact of the matter is that there is more cleric gear than any other gear in the game, by virtue of the previously pointed out fact that clerics get a tank, dps and heal set of gear.

    To compound the issue, my guild`s clerics will roll/bid dkp on cloth int items for their DPS specs as well if the cloth item is an upgrade over their chain version - I believe there are even some cloth items that are BiS for DPS clerics. This means that technically, you`re going to be seeing an even higher percentage of items that can be rolled "need" on by a cleric, to the detriment of mages in particular.

  4. #34
    Ascendant No_Exit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    To compound the issue, my guild`s clerics will roll/bid dkp on cloth int items for their DPS specs as well if the cloth item is an upgrade over their chain version - I believe there are even some cloth items that are BiS for DPS clerics. This means that technically, you`re going to be seeing an even higher percentage of items that can be rolled "need" on by a cleric, to the detriment of mages in particular.
    That should be the responsibility of your guild to control that behavior. For the betterment of the guild a cleric should NEVER EVER get a cloth piece over a mage that needs it. If a mage doesnt need it then by all means. But if your guild is allowing the practice of clerics winning cloth loot over mages that need it as an upgrade simply because they have more dkp to bid, then as a mage id quit that guild in a heartbeat. And tbh id call that guild a joke (sorry if i offend you).

    The good news on that front... down the road less and less cloth can be used by clerics. Word is, the next tier of raid loot for HK off the vendor (mark gear), will restrict the classes capable of buying it. So Warriors cant buy leather and Clerics cant buy Cloth.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 07-20-2011 at 05:34 PM.

  5. #35
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    While I agree with your point about fails who stand in the fire, it`s a fallacy to equate the current argument about gear drops with how well the group is going (be it heals, aggro or fail awareness issues)

    The fact of the matter is that there is more cleric gear than any other gear in the game, by virtue of the previously pointed out fact that clerics get a tank, dps and heal set of gear.

    To compound the issue, my guild`s clerics will roll/bid dkp on cloth int items for their DPS specs as well if the cloth item is an upgrade over their chain version - I believe there are even some cloth items that are BiS for DPS clerics. This means that technically, you`re going to be seeing an even higher percentage of items that can be rolled "need" on by a cleric, to the detriment of mages in particular.
    Fair enough. I don't personally feel that clerics should be rolling on mage gear unless there are no mages that need it, because quite frankly, cleric dps should not be the priority. But that's not a problem I can solve.

  6. #36
    Ascendant Mulch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    That should be the responsibility of your guild to control that behavior. For the betterment of the guild a cleric should NEVER EVER get a cloth piece over a mage that needs it. If a mage doesnt need it then by all means. But if your guild is allowing the practice of clerics winning cloth loot over mages that need it as an upgrade simply because they have more dkp to bid, then as a mage id quit that guild in a heartbeat. And tbh id call that guild a joke (sorry if i offend you).
    Well, that's a feature of DKP systems. Are my DKP mine to spend, or not?

    Especially given the amount of cloth that's actually more dps for a dps cleric, if I've been a good raider for you, I should be permitted to spend it.

    Given the rest of the QQ in this thread, we'd be led to believe the mages are all sitting on a mountain of dkp from never having useful loot drop

  7. #37
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Compote View Post
    Wrong. If a high int item comes up, even if it is cloth (upgrade of course), I will need roll on it with my cleric. But hey I don't heal.
    And this is a larger aspect of the issue. Clerics needing on mage gear which already comes up so infrequently.

  8. #38
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moloch View Post
    to a lesser extend rogues? serious? only dps leather i see drop is cover of night and unatural legguards (blue crap nobody needs not included), thats it, and thats since i started doing t2's a week or 2 after headstart and ive literally done a ton of runs so far, yea plaque gear is better, but that shouldnt be an excuse and the drops look way better too, heck, ive seen 2(!) people on the shard since headstart that had the polished pumice spaulders
    Except you dron't have to fight other classes for gear and mages have to outroll clerics most of the time we both have a 12.5% chance for gear but you only fight other rogues.

    Don't get me wrong, it needs fixed for every class but cleric.

  9. #39
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    Except you dron't have to fight other classes for gear and mages have to outroll clerics most of the time we both have a 12.5% chance for gear but you only fight other rogues.

    Don't get me wrong, it needs fixed for every class but cleric.
    As a warrior tank I am in the same boat as the mages (the dps drops do nothing for me), but the above statement is false (for T2's) as I've tanked TONS of T2's and I see rogues losing out to dps warrior rolls a lot. It's sad, but true, and I'd be miffed if I were them. So the dps rogue still has the same "chance" at gear as a mage, since the tank gear does nothing for him either. (and he loses out to warriors on some rolls)

  10. #40
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jargonchipmunk View Post
    As a warrior tank I am in the same boat as the mages (the dps drops do nothing for me), but the above statement is false (for T2's) as I've tanked TONS of T2's and I see rogues losing out to dps warrior rolls a lot. It's sad, but true, and I'd be miffed if I were them. So the dps rogue still has the same "chance" at gear as a mage, since the tank gear does nothing for him either. (and he loses out to warriors on some rolls)
    It's a fair point but seeing as how I am stuck in t1's atm I wouldn't know that. As I said from the beginning its an issue for all classes but cleric. If we need to amend it so that its equal for every one but cleric then so be it, its an issue that is fixed easily if Trion so chooses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts