+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Frequency of drops for different classes

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    What can you take from this: Well its a positive and negative. On one side... mage gear drops a lot less. On the other side, you only need 1 piece to do your jobs, whereas other classes (especially clerics), need more then 1 piece for that same slot. So in the end, while gear aside from mage gear may drop more often, it doesnt necessarily translate into those folks being better geared then the mage. If i have 3 pieces of loot, 1 for tanking, 1 for dps, and 1 for healing, but the mage has 1 piece of loot that covers all builds, is the cleric better off then the mage?

I dont think so....
    Except they are because cleric dps gear and healing gear are desirable for either spec except the ring/neck/helm/glove/weapons as those are the only slots containing focus. generally you can even pick and choose a few of those and still get enough focus.

You can break down the other slots as crit/sp for dps and straight sp for healer. Considering both are good for healer and both are good for dps, regardless of which you choose you'd get good but not necessarily bis gear quite fast as a cleric as you can take from both sets. Whereas a mage struggles to get any gear, let alone bis.

Heres an idea.. give clerics enough focus through talents and let them dps and heal with the same gear set. Also stop making the 2h hammers focus heavy and let them dps with focus heavy mage staffs. Let the 2h hammers be 0 focus healing items since they arent shared with mage. The variety of weapons that are needed for all the various specs are ridiculous at this point, some being used by only 1 spec of 1 class that you only have 1 of in a raid. It reminds me of the dreaded feral staff drops from bc wow.
    Last edited by Electros; 07-20-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanol View Post
    RNG is Random.

All our mages but one have a T3 weapons.
    All our clerics but one have a T3 weapons (multiple weapons for some of them)

Only one of our rogues has a T3 weapon
    Only one of our warriors has a T3 weapon

Now on the non-weapon stuff, mage stuff is certainly rare. So far our drops look like:
    Chain > Leather >>> Plate > Cloth (and same with the accessories designed for those callings)

They are random drops, but it's a logical fallacy to conclude a random drop has the same chance for mage gear as it does cleric gear, if there are more cleric items in the loot table.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by FugitiveRed View Post
    This happened to me when my guild took my cleric on her first T1 two days ago. I got 4 new pieces of gear (3 purple, 1 blue) whilst the rogue in the group got one blue drop.
    See that is common and completely ridiculous.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    They are random drops, but it's a logical fallacy to conclude a random drop has the same chance for mage gear as it does cleric gear, if there are more cleric items in the loot table.
    Would love to know where I said you had the same chance to get mage gear than cleric gear in your loot window

mage stuff is certainly rare
    Chain > Leather >>> Plate > Cloth (and same with the accessories designed for those callings)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Great point. Random yes, equal percentages no.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Electros View Post
    Except they are because cleric dps gear and healing gear are desirable for either spec except the ring/neck/helm/glove/weapons as those are the only slots containing focus. generally you can even pick and choose a few of those and still get enough focus.

You can break down the other slots as crit/sp for dps and straight sp for healer. Considering both are good for healer and both are good for dps, regardless of which you choose you'd get good but not necessarily bis gear quite fast as a cleric as you can take from both sets. Whereas a mage struggles to get any gear, let alone bis.

Heres an idea.. give clerics enough focus through talents and let them dps and heal with the same gear set. Also stop making the 2h hammers focus heavy and let them dps with focus heavy mage staffs. Let the 2h hammers be 0 focus healing items since they arent shared with mage. The variety of weapons that are needed for all the various specs are ridiculous at this point, some being used by only 1 spec of 1 class that you only have 1 of in a raid. It reminds me of the dreaded feral staff drops from bc wow.
    This returns me to ky original point that the frequencies are messed up - whether they add more mage gear to the loot tables or just change drop rates something has to give.

From your post it seems a little stat tweaking might go a long way toward fixing this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    I would say it is more fair with t3 but less for tier 1 or 2 because you can get to the next tier more quickly with any class other than mage. I may be doing another 50 until I can move to t2 and then it starts again.
    Tbh though, you don't really need to get full t1 to move to t2, or full t2 to move to raiding as a mage.

Crafted gear, decent runes along with a few rep vendor blues can get you t2 ready as a mage, and then a few t2 plaque items and you're pretty much raid ready. In fact, all the raiding mages I know were still using some crafted gear (probably 3-4 pieces on average) when they started raiding to get around the lack of drops.
    Last edited by Vinge; 07-20-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Soulwalker

So what i am hearing is that most think that becouse a cleric has 3 sets of gear they should get 3 full sets of T2 gear at the same time as a mage gets his 1 set. How much fun is it to do an instance over and over and get nothing from them that you can use and see cleric after cleric items drop takes alot of the fun from the game if you ask me. Mages get screwed on loot and any one that says other wise is more than likely a cleric.
    Last edited by Kukoc; 07-20-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Telaran

I'm a cleric but all I do is heal. If the chance of cleric healing gear dropping is 12.5% then I have the same chance as Mages do at getting useful gear. I'm not going to complain about the fact that most drops I can't use.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Alloryn View Post
    I'm a cleric but all I do is heal. If the chance of cleric healing gear dropping is 12.5% then I have the same chance as Mages do at getting useful gear. I'm not going to complain about the fact that most drops I can't use.
    Not for your spec but its still better than what you had. The point is that you don't have to work as hard to get something. Plus when a mage item drops you might have at least 2 people going after it while with cleric its usually one per pug unless a rare melee cleric is present.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kukoc View Post
    So what i am hearing is that most think that becouse a cleric has 3 sets of gear they should get 3 full sets of T2 gear at the same time as a mage gets his 1 set. How much fun is it to do an instance over and over and get nothing from them that you can use and see cleric after cleric items drop takes alot of the fun from the game if you ask me. Mages get screwed on loot and any one that says other wise is more than likely a cleric.
    I agree. It's simple really insert more mage gear into the loot tables and it would improve drastically.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vinge View Post
    Tbh though, you don't really need to get full t1 to move to t2, or full t2 to move to raiding as a mage.

Crafted gear, decent runes along with a few rep vendor blues can get you t2 ready as a mage, and then a few t2 plaque items and you're pretty much raid ready. In fact, all the raiding mages I know were still using some crafted gear (probably 3-4 pieces on average) when they started raiding to get around the lack of drops.
    This is a fair point, and one I will keep in mind and more than likely will be the route I choose. Even still, the fact that there is a way, doesn't mean that the other way isn't broken.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vinge View Post
    I've only ever done one expert run (it was a t1) with my cleric. In the run that I did, every single boss dropped a cleric item.

I've no idea how many t1/t2s I've done on my mage but it's been enough to buy 2 pieces of t2 plaque gear, so maybe about 25-30 runs. In all of those runs, I've only ever seen 1 epic mage item drop. I lost the roll on it to a cleric.
    Clerics Should not need roll on a high int item CASE CLOSED High INT does nothing for them like mages. Such in effect Wisdom does nothing really for Mages. So if you have a cleric need roll on a high INT item is bs.

In Wow with rogue someone stole gear from me in party or party sucked would pull whole room of dungeon run to group vanish and leave party and watch them get annihilated it was entertaining

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dmnted View Post
    Clerics Should not need roll on a high int item CASE CLOSED High INT does nothing for them like mages. Such in effect Wisdom does nothing really for Mages. So if you have a cleric need roll on a high INT item is bs.

In Wow with rogue someone stole gear from me in party or party sucked would pull whole room of dungeon run to group vanish and leave party and watch them get annihilated it was entertaining
    Wrong. If a high int item comes up, even if it is cloth (upgrade of course), I will need roll on it with my cleric. But hey I don't heal.
    Last edited by Compote; 07-20-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Telaran

My guild has had a lack of mage armor drop.

However we have gotten 6 relic staffs and two of the relic ros totems. Our last ROS staff we had to shard.
    We have gotten 6 relic daggers(all GS ones), and 4 relic GS bows.
    We have gotten 4 cleric relic staffs, and one cleric mace and shield
    We have gotten 0 warrior tank relics, and 0 warrior dps relics.

**** with RNG is random or w/e. There are relic items that definitely drop more often than others. The drops may be random but the % for those items to drop may not be equal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast