+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: I'm happy Gilded Prophecy is getting tuned/nerfed

Banned

Trion has said specifically that the 10man was NOT supposed to be a stepping stone to 20mans. Now that scrubs cant kill the bosses (like everything else) they're getting nerfed so now it will act like one.

Fkin bullsht I say

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Trion has said specifically that the 10man was NOT supposed to be a stepping stone to 20mans. Now that scrubs cant kill the bosses (like everything else) they're getting nerfed so now it will act like one.

Fkin bullsht I say
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. 1.2 set the stage for forth coming herp-derp.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

are they really nerfing this, where did you hear that? after how many guilds breezed through it in less than week?
    The dungeon challenge level is fine, everytime ppl get stuck on a boss they always blame it on the mechanic instead of their own strategy (see johlen) :/ Even though my guild is stuck on uruluuk atm in progression (we've only been there a few times though) its been a blast so far and well within the gear levels and difficulty one would expect, GP takes some getting used to the bosses but once you get it down they are very fun mechanics and definitely possible with a focused group. Last time trion nerfed dungeons they killed off the difficulty of t2s... I actually dislike going into t2s now and avoid them :/ Please please keep gp the way it is, especially with its current gear levels, making it easy would harm the endgame by lessening incentive to complete harder content.
    Last edited by Inixia; 06-20-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Rift Disciple

May be if they nerf it, they will reduce the drop rate to 1 epic per boss, making it so much easier to gear up your raid.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by wingedarr0w View Post
    May be if they nerf it, they will reduce the drop rate to 1 epic per boss, making it so much easier to gear up your raid.
    Knowing them they will and make no marks drop either. It already has 3 BiS epic mage items (Staff of Excess, Wand of Excess, Shoulderpads of Avarice), it'd be a shame if they made it even harder to get them.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #36
    Rift Team

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say a few things about these changes to GP.

The changes were not made due to complaints on the forums. We monitor a variety of metrics, and our metrics are pointing towards GP beeing a bit harder than it should be. I'm not going to go into any more details on that.

The changes are not overly dramatic. No mechanics have been removed, and you shouldn't be able to ignore the mechanics. It was primarily some tweaks to hit points as they were somewhat too high, especially on the intro boss Anrak, slight damage output tweaks, and giving a little bit more reaction time to certain special moves (in some cases, we are talking about a half second addition of time to react).

~Daglar

Champion

That i think is what the majority of people wanted to read. Thanks Daglar

Rift Disciple

I know I, for one, certainly appreciate the metrics change. Some of us are a little older than others and grew up in the days of rotary phones and no remote-controls, let alone cell-phones or computers at home, and spent our summers plowing fields instead of sitting at video games developing "twitchy" reflexes.

I know my reaction time isn't on par with all the new generation of kids playing MMOs these days, but I still like to raid and see the content -- so I appreciate the reaction time increase.

Rift Disciple

It was too hard and the nerf was well deserved. -at least If GP was supposed to be easier than GsB and RoS.

I'm just glad that we got to kill all the bosses numerous times and had some good wipes in there. Really fun encounter and I hope that Hammerknell is "overtuned" as well <3
    Bada @ EU Bloodiron
    Leader <Art of War>
    4/10 HK

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BadaB View Post
    It was too hard and the nerf was well deserved. -at least If GP was supposed to be easier than GsB and RoS.

I'm just glad that we got to kill all the bosses numerous times and had some good wipes in there. Really fun encounter and I hope that Hammerknell is "overtuned" as well <3
    It's been stated it's an entirely separate "Progression" chain. It was not put in to be easier then RoS and GSB
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Could we get posts like this BEFORE the "THE SKY IS FALLING" posts start?

You know how much internet peoples love to point fingers... maybe if you guys would divulge a bit more of the metrics you measure (See: Valve), forum goers could become a bit better educated.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and say a few things about these changes to GP.

The changes were not made due to complaints on the forums. We monitor a variety of metrics, and our metrics are pointing towards GP beeing a bit harder than it should be. I'm not going to go into any more details on that.

The changes are not overly dramatic. No mechanics have been removed, and you shouldn't be able to ignore the mechanics. It was primarily some tweaks to hit points as they were somewhat too high, especially on the intro boss Anrak, slight damage output tweaks, and giving a little bit more reaction time to certain special moves (in some cases, we are talking about a half second addition of time to react).

~Daglar
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Im part of a guild that has GS and RoS on farm status, and it usually takes 1-2 days to farm both. However GP's final boss is so "random" at times, even having the mechanic down, that the guild im part of considers it the hardest encounter in the game.

When a guild has GS and RoS on farm status but is tormented and annoyed by the final boss of a 10 man, you know it needed a nerf. The other bosses in GP dont seem to be an issue, although simon says could be fine tuned a bit so its not as glitchy. But the final guy..... well lets just say GG Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Im part of a guild that has GS and RoS on farm status, and it usually takes 1-2 days to farm both. However GP's final boss is so "random" at times, even having the mechanic down, that the guild im part of considers it the hardest encounter in the game.

When a guild has GS and RoS on farm status but is tormented and annoyed by the final boss of a 10 man, you know it needed a nerf. The other bosses in GP dont seem to be an issue, although simon says could be fine tuned a bit so its not as glitchy. But the final guy..... well lets just say GG Trion.
    I agree. IMO, all bosses in GP are fine except for Uruluuk. The last phase is extremely annoying because he has the ability to 1-shot at least half the raid with back-to-back AoEs. In 1 second, he does 4k, then 5k damage. Extremely unfair. There is nothing you can do about this stupid RNG BS, except stack HP / Endurance and resists.

I hope Trion doesn't nerf the bosses too much, like they have with the dungeons. This game is too easy as it is.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    I agree. IMO, all bosses in GP are fine except for Uruluuk. The last phase is extremely annoying because he has the ability to 1-shot at least half the raid with back-to-back AoEs. In 1 second, he does 4k, then 5k damage. Extremely unfair. There is nothing you can do about this stupid RNG BS, except stack HP / Endurance and resists.

I hope Trion doesn't nerf the bosses too much, like they have with the dungeons. This game is too easy as it is.
    Archon/Dom trivializes the entire Uruluuk encounter. Have your Chloro/Dom reflect the Fists, have the Archon reflect every other Explosive Crystal, and have them pop Power Drain on Boulders as well as the Explosives that they can not reflect.

Voila, no more RNG in the fight.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post

The only "Randomness" is who gets crystaled. The rest is pretty straight forward and doesn't really ever change.

GP takes us a little under an hour and 20 mins to clear right now.

Again,this is a mechanic driven encounter which has more importance then some of the 20 man bosses. This is a shock for a lot of guilds doing GP as having people die or get mess up in a smaller scenario is a lot harder to recover.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast