+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Infiltrator Jolen needs a nerf badly

As silly as nerfing this encounter would be right now, I'd fully support gutting GSB and RoS once Hammerknell is fully unlocked.

I will be moving into the new tier of raids, and then "casuals" or less successful guilds can then tear the place up. Who cares if you've already done it? Consider that would also allow new players to get ready for raiding Hammerknell, and you'd have more players to recruit from without a monster gear gap. Blizzard was at the peak of their success when you could pug their raid content - and I'm certain that hasn't gone unnoticed.

And the Johlen fight is fun! My original guild's first nights attempts resulted in 3 wipes below 5%, with two of them coming at 1%. Then next raid night we killed him on the second try with no deaths, and it was a nice achievement.

Now we full clear in 1.5hrs and are anxious for something new. Bring on 1.3!

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    As silly as nerfing this encounter would be right now, I'd fully support gutting GSB and RoS once Hammerknell is fully unlocked.

I will be moving into the new tier of raids, and then "casuals" or less successful guilds can then tear the place up. Who cares if you've already done it? Consider that would also allow new players to get ready for raiding Hammerknell, and you'd have more players to recruit from without a monster gear gap. Blizzard was at the peak of their success when you could pug their raid content - and I'm certain that hasn't gone unnoticed.

And the Johlen fight is fun! My original guild's first nights attempts resulted in 3 wipes below 5%, with two of them coming at 1%. Then next raid night we killed him on the second try with no deaths, and it was a nice achievement.

Now we full clear in 1.5hrs and are anxious for something new. Bring on 1.3!
    GSB gets you ready for ROS....ROS and GP will be getting you ready for Hammerknell. So gutting Raids that are full of mechanics that MUST be learned by raiding guilds would be counterproductive.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Shield of Telara

Either this is a post where the OP made this thread as a joke thread, fail to see the humor though.

Or he wants Johlen nerfed so that he can keep his greatest raiding skill which is facerolling, that is all of the skill that he ever desires to have in this game. He has no desire to improve his skill, build, gear, etc... beyond a faceroll.

If I ever would raid, OP I would definetely want better skills that you have. So even I that has not raided in this or WoW, says Johlen does not need a nerf. If I a player that has never raided in this game or WoW, says he does not need nerfing that should be sending you a signal loud and clear.

Soulwalker

What I think is that they should just fix the last phase. I've been killed by whisps and bombs that I haven't seen. I like that it's a challenge but I think the fight would be more doable and enjoyable if there luck was less of a factor in the fight.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by docfarmer View Post
    What I think is that they should just fix the last phase. I've been killed by whisps and bombs that I haven't seen. I like that it's a challenge but I think the fight would be more doable and enjoyable if there luck was less of a factor in the fight.
    The radius on the wisps needs a little lowering, yeah, they hit you when it seems like you should be outside the hitbox. I've never encountered buggy bombs though, past the first one.

Rift Chaser

Johlen is a responsibility check for your entire raid. If you lose too much dps, you'll fail. The difference is that you can't make up for it by stacking additional healers or something, so it's all down to the individual behind the character.

If you don't get your entire raid to the mindset and skill level required to not stand in fire while turning around, then you won't pass Johlen.

Don't ask for him to be nerfed, for the love of god. Don't take the easy way, where you get served your epic loots on a silver platter with a garnish of moldering dissapointment. Take a look at *why* you are failing. If some dps are having issues, help them out. If some people are not doing so well at dodging the bombs, practise. Keep on trying, and keep on improving, and you'll get him down eventually.

I don't care if that MM rogue over there has 150 dps. As long as he is asking how he should be doing it and making an attempt to perform better, I will take him over the 500 dps rogue who can't be bothered taking advice, and I will do it any day of the week, because in the end, he's the one who is going to be holding the raid back due to refusing to improve, while the low dps rogue is now pulling 1k+. The point is, don't come crying to have the encounter made easier if you do not have the will to improve, because if you don't have the will to improve, then this probably isn't the game for you. I doubt any MMO is the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferathka View Post
    GSB gets you ready for ROS....ROS and GP will be getting you ready for Hammerknell. So gutting Raids that are full of mechanics that MUST be learned by raiding guilds would be counterproductive.
    There's a bit of truth to that, but the mechanics change and need re-learned regardless. The gear is pretty well a requirement.

If (far) fewer people are doing that mid-level content, it'll be extremely difficult to catch up to the current tier for the influx of new players.

How about some kind of "Mulligan" system for old raid tiers, where you could choose a boss to "nerf" once per raid, except for the final boss in each dungeon. The raid leader would choose which to apply the debuff to, and for example if DPS is simply too low in your pug / lesser organized guild you could nerf Johlen by 30% and move forward.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinr View Post
    The fight is way too hard compared to the rest of Greenscale. Plus the mechanics are buggy and don't work right half the time. If Trion wants guilds to actually see this place and progress, then they need to tone it down quite a bit.
    Johlen is a moron-check fight. You and your guild are obviously failing the moron-check.
    Rage of Dragons (Dayblind - PvP)
    Formerly Leaf/Faze on Reclaimer.
    Leafe - 50 Rogue
    Phraze - 50 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by AmundS View Post
    No, raids isn't a PUG thing and should never be "casual" in any way. Raids should be for the dedicated guilds or groups that want to spend hours trying to learn the mechanics, improving a few percents each time.
    Because if there is one thing a AAA production MMO needs it's raid content that should only be done by people who have the time and energy to join a guild and exclude a large portion of the player base.

I'm sure Trion's investors would love to hear that at the next meeting.
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Faelor View Post
    Because if there is one thing a AAA production MMO needs it's raid content that should only be done by people who have the time and energy to join a guild and exclude a large portion of the player base.

Given that raids are an exceedingly small percentage of the game's overall content, that sounds about right, yeah.

If you don't have the time or energy to join a guild and do organized raids, there are plenty of quests, dungeons, rifts, and PvP content for you to do.

Move him to later in the raid. My guild is stuck on the Low Server Population boss.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Faelor View Post

And who said that all content should be available for all people? Raids are, and will hopefully always be, a hard thing to do for people that are above average interested in putting in the time an effort to do them.

Quite frankly this "I want everything and I don't want to work for it" mentality is ruining games across genres and platforms. I might even go so far as to say it will probably eventually ruin society as we know it. We used to call people like this spoiled brats, now they are just people.
    Snikmund

Rift Disciple

He sucks if you're colorblind (8% of males are colorblind, and i'm guessing the majority of players are male). The bombs blend in with the ground :\ gotta really keep your eyes peeled

Plane Touched

If everyone in the raid actually does know the mechanics, you shouldn't have any major issues until the last phase of Johlen. Everything else is a matter of paying attention. Avoid the red circles, turn away from the blinding wisps, DPS the bombs. Final phase - everyone stack up together in one spot so the bombs drop in the same place. When they drop, run out and run back in. If you're getting blinding bombs during the devastating bomb phase, you need to slow your DPS down at the right percentage and wait for all blinding bombs to drop, then renew DPS and burn him into the devastating bomb.

If you're consistently having issues before the last phase then individual people are not paying attention and responding appropriately when they need to. At that point it doesn't require a nerf to the boss but more awareness on the part of the individual members.

There's a point where nerfs get ridiculous and have to stop. I had someone complain to my group during a T2 run that T2s were still too hard - that if you kept dying on them then that meant that the instance was hard and needed to be nerfed. This was recently, so well after the massive nerf all T2s went through. At what point does the line get drawn? When do you start looking at your group or even yourself for where the problem lies instead of just the encounter or the mechanics?

Rift Disciple

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread for giving me something to bookmark for the next time someone asks me why I stopped raiding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast