+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Really disappointed that Hammerknell = Raiders ONLY

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Grephyn View Post
    Actually, number of people allows for more complexity in the content, and thus allows it to be harder.

As 1 person, or even 2 people, Calyx from AP is simple. It's easy for me to run around Calyx and not get hit by the lasers ever. But add in other players, I now not only have to worry about where I am, but also my aggro level, where the other players are so I don't move the lasers to hurt them, I have to pay more attention to the ground effect because I don't know where its going to be. More people = more complexity.

Make it a raid, and now not only do we have to worry about the same stuff, but we add in off tanks, we add in specific groups having specific objectives that not only work coherently with each other but the rest of the group, we have even more aggro issues. More people = more complexity = more difficult. Raids are more difficult than group content, which is more difficult than solo play.
    Wow.. You really do believe all that, don't you?!?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    Wow.. You really do believe all that, don't you?!?
    I believe it because its true.

I believe it because its true.
    I don't think I could disagree more if I tried... but I already covered that about a post or two above you.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tolmos View Post
    I don't think I could disagree more if I tried... but I already covered that about a post or two above you.
    Your post has nothing to do with the skill it takes to complete the content, but the tedium that can occur due to players.

Now, you did say:

In a 5 person group you actually have pressure on you to do your job. As a healer, there is really only one of you so you best get it right. At least the tedium is replaced with the random sensation of "Oh crap I better not mess this up". But I digress...
    Which happens in a 40 man raid as well. Or it can, and in my experience, it happens a lot more often in raids than it does in groups (partially because group content is often made for casual players, thus easier). It doesn't always, but group content also doesn't always come with that sensation either.

Your post has nothing to do with the skill it takes to complete the content, but the tedium that can occur due to players.

Now, you did say:

Which happens in a 40 man raid as well. Or it can, and in my experience, it happens a lot more often in raids than it does in groups (partially because group content is often made for casual players, thus easier). It doesn't always, but group content also doesn't always come with that sensation either.
    The new 5 mans are easier, and thus lack that sensation quite as much, but prior to that it was about as difficult for a healer as a game could get. In a 40 man, you basically either are the MT healer in which case you are spamming your best heal as much as possible in hopes that the cycle isn't broken between you and the other healers (and god help you if you lag cause 1 mistimed heal and the tank is toast). It SOUNDS exciting but what this really results in for the player is "Boss time! 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Boss down!". The oHealers do basically the same thing except getting the random other folks "*click* 1 *click* 1 *click* 1 *click* 1 *click* 1 *click* 1 *click* 1 *click* 1 *click* 1 *click* 1 *click* 1 *click* 1 *click* 1 *click* 1 *click* 1". The ONLY raid I've ever been in where it felt like there was any sort of player skill involved was the WoW Saurfang fight, and that was as a tank. I think that was the first and only raid since I started MCing back in Vanilla WoW and through every game I've played since that I felt like there was some difficulty to the raid.

For this game, I just roll alts to do 5 mans in, cause the raids in this game feel like a total cake walk, even moreso than the others.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxe2k View Post
    I don't understand what people would want to do, raiding is fun,
    Raiding is fun to you, however to me I have done the raiding and im tired of having to set aside specific blocks of time in order to log in to my mmo (or else feel the wrath of some degenerate 12 year old or 12 year old acting man-child who's only accomplishment in life is the pixels on his toon).

this game is called rift the whole selling point of the game is the Dynamic content, why not instead of doing the same boring 5 man and 20 man instances just focus on those. make those tougher and more strategic instead of the zergfest they are right now.

make rifts better right now they are

1) kill a few basic boring mobs
    2) kill a few more basic boring mobs
    3) kill high HP boring mob
    4) kill much more basic boring mobs
    5) kill basic boring mob with much more HP and attack power.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tolmos View Post
    For this game, I just roll alts to do 5 mans in, cause the raids in this game feel like a total cake walk, even moreso than the others.
    I haven't experience too much of the raid content in this game outside of raid rifts (which most of the time have be PUGed. A pug is a group of solo players, and does not feel like a True raid to me), but the experiences I have felt are to that effect as well. But the same is with the group content.

Now, for your big raid thing there...if they are only hitting 1, they probably have all the heals macrod, which one can do for group content as well.

My argument is this: If you can make single group content hard, where every player is focussed, you can do the same for Raid content, and add even more complexity to the combat. Doesn't mean that the content does supply that, but it can. Raid and expert rifts are just slightly more complicated rifts that have more people, but in all honesty I find the T2 battles more complicated. But that was a choice of the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxe2k View Post
    Other than raiding, what other Multiplayer content can you have not regarding pvp?
    Um .... 5-man dungeons? Group quests?

What, were you asking trick questions or something???

/facepalm
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #144
    Rift Team

Morning folks,

We mentioned at E3 that Hammerknell is only the begining of the new content we'll be launching in the next 3 to 6 months. We've got a ton of stuff coming down the pipe including
    • New 50+ outdoor zone
    • New 50+ dungeon
    • New 10 man instanced slivers
    • New largescale battle Warfront & and open world PvP events
    • New dynamic rift content & world events

Of course the details on these updates will be released a bit later on when we're closer to launch. But we are actively working on new content for all of our subscribers.

Thanks,
    Gersh

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    [*]New 50+ outdoor zone[*]New 50+ dungeon
    This scares me, because it implies you'll be raising the level cap. But thanx for the hint that something for non-raiders will, eventually, get released.
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

Morning folks,

We mentioned at E3 that Hammerknell is only the begining of the new content we'll be launching in the next 3 to 6 months. We've got a ton of stuff coming down the pipe including
    • New 50+ outdoor zone
    • New 50+ dungeon
    • New 10 man instanced slivers
    • New largescale battle Warfront & and open world PvP events
    • New dynamic rift content & world events

Of course the details on these updates will be released a bit later on when we're closer to launch. But we are actively working on new content for all of our subscribers.

Thanks,
    Gersh
    *crosses fingers* Old AV Old AV Old AV Old AV

Quote Originally Posted by Aumvaar View Post
    This scares me, because it implies you'll be raising the level cap. But thanx for the hint that something for non-raiders will, eventually, get released.
    Not necessarily, it could mean that the mobs are just 50+, which imo is more realistic since they are soon to be releasing HK there would be no reason to increase the level cap until an expansion at least.
    Efanu - Avid

Quote Originally Posted by Efanu View Post
    Not necessarily, it could mean that the mobs are just 50+, which imo is more realistic since they are soon to be releasing HK there would be no reason to increase the level cap until an expansion at least.
    agreed. aside from it being queer to raise the lvl cap right after releasing a new dungeon, the fact that he says "new" implies that there are already 50+ dungeons that exist, or else saying "new" would be redundant. what worries me is the fact that he uses the singular form of dungeon... only 1 new dungeon... while its possible that this dungeon is going to be harder and they'll release harder versions of older dungeons to accompany it and its even possible that despite the singular form, there are multiple new, difficult dungeons. Its also very possible that they'll slap this one in t2's and it will be the same bland crap, or that it will be the sole difficult dungeon in the game.
    Last edited by Atavax; 06-12-2011 at 11:59 AM.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

[*]New 50+ dungeon

please let it be a contested dungeon or even better a darkness falls type dungeon!

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Efanu View Post
    Since HK is of interest only to a small minority, it would make good sense to provide content for the rest of us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast