+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Working on Johlen

Default Working on Johlen

Hey there so this is My first post here ^^
    and My guild is on Shard "Kaleidia"
    We recently started working on Greenscale.
    We downed the Duke after a few hours.
    but now we are stuck on Infiltrator Johlen.
    We know the phases all members are required to watch guide videos we set up beforehand.
    but are having trouble meeting the dps requirements.
    I'm looking for helpful things anyone has to offer.

one thing I've heard of is. a macro for pets. /target concussion /petattack
    and another idea was that having no cleric heals means that the mage chloro's can pull alot more dps than a cleric specc'd for healing.
    I also know a standard build for the raid composition is
    1 Tank (He's spec'd to improve the overall raid's dmg etc)
    1 Bard
    1 Archon
    3 Healers (was thinking be better to have Mage's as aforementioned)
    14 DPS 600+ (the 600 plus is an avg with no external buffs on a training dummy)

Comments?

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

We generally use 1 Cleric 1 Chloro (not two chloros because only one synth can be on the MT at a time) and 1 Bard for healing, an archon is also a must - everyone else DPS. Ideally no one but the tank is taking damage, and those that do are either going to die anyway or will get healed up by the passive healing from the chloro/bard.

The important thing is to not get blinded. If too many get blinded before a devastating bomb is dropped, you won't down it. Stop DPS at a certain percentage if possible and then burn him down following it to ensure there's no occuring just before the bomb if it continues to be an issue.

Also if you're like us and use a Rogue tank, or a Cleric tank... make sure one of your warriors is running some sort of Spotter's Order spec for maximum DPS output for the raid. I believe a couple of our warriors run some 2H DPS spec that throws in 2 pts just for Spotter's Order. Their DPS is much lower compared to a real DPS'er, but they increase everyone in the Raids dps by an enormous amount just keeping that buff up.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 06-02-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Rift Disciple

You can only really use a mage healer for every tank you have, due to how Synthesis works. Johlen is a 1 tank fight, so having more than 1 mage healer is a bit silly(their nuke heals are on cooldowns).

For raid comp, 1 tank, 1 bard, 1 archon, 1 chloromancer and 2-3 cleric healers. This leaves 13-14 dps slots. If you're a casual guild, you will struggle with getting devestating bombs down, and then with phase 4 which is basically a dps race before too many people mess up and die.

If your raid is T1 geared and properly specced, the fight is doable. I would assume you all have at least some T2 gear though, so just make sure people are speccing right and enchanting their gear. Use a combat log parser to see who isn't cutting it dps-wise. It's also a graphics intensive fight, so people with older computers may lag too much to do good dps/healing. It's the worst fight in Greenscale lagwise, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Equis View Post
    You can only really use a mage healer for every tank you have, due to how Synthesis works. Johlen is a 1 tank fight, so having more than 1 mage healer is a bit silly(their nuke heals are on cooldowns).
    Exactly, we generally run 1 Chloro per tank for most encounters.

We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

If your raid is T1 geared and properly specced, the fight is doable. I would assume you all have at least some T2 gear though, so just make sure people are speccing right and enchanting their gear. Use a combat log parser to see who isn't cutting it dps-wise. It's also a graphics intensive fight, so people with older computers may lag too much to do good dps/healing. It's the worst fight in Greenscale lagwise, imo.
    Hmmm Makes sense. and Our tank is a Warrior usually. We have been parsing. and for the most part we have almost all T2 gear. We've met the dps requirement like once. but we can't get it with any regularity.
    thank you all for your help. any other comments are most appreciated.

Chloros are worthless in this fight (except for the 5 minute brez, but you have other problems if you need that consistently). Go with 2 healing clerics. Have both healing cleric face away from the boss at one of the four pillars.

If your group is bad at avoiding the blinding bombs, the 21 point sentinel mass dispell will be very useful on both clerics.

If your clerics are bad at avoiding blinding bombs on the last phase, have them both go into templar so they can get "breakfree" and mass dispell the group immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    Also if you're like us and use a Rogue tank, or a Cleric tank... make sure one of your warriors is running some sort of Spotter's Order spec for maximum DPS output for the raid. I believe a couple of our warriors run some 2H DPS spec that throws in 2 pts just for Spotter's Order. Their DPS is much lower compared to a real DPS'er, but they increase everyone in the Raids dps by an enormous amount just keeping that buff up.
    Would just like to specify we only have one of these warriors specced that way for any given encounter. A few of them just have the spec available depending on the circumstance. No need for more than one person to keep Spotter's Order up on a boss.

Rift Disciple

Which bomb is causing you problems? The first or any of the following bombs?

If it is the first, you are quite a ways off from pulling enough dps and may need to run some raid rifts to get your raid equipped in epic essences.

You really should be killing the first bomb with 4-5 seconds to spare because after that bomb your odds of losing a dps each phase or having a few people get blinded before the bomb pops goes up substantially.

If you have the 4-5 second buffer on the first bomb youll still have enough dps with 1-2 dead raiders to kill subsequent bombs.
    Every so often words are spoken that alter the course of our lives....

Well..my money dont lag, my money dont are nerfed, my money dont are bug, now Trion equlibrate souls or give me my money back!

- Greegan

Shield of Telara

We do a few things on this fight at this point.
    1. 1 cleric, 1 chloro, 1 bard, 1 archon, 1 tank, rest dps
    2. Raid Caller calls percentages when we are within 3% of bomb
    3. Stop dps at 52% and wait for second blinding bomb to go off (one at 55% and one at 52%)
    4. All pet users have macro /tar bomb;/pettattack;
    5. A guild banner (combat) is dropped on top of the second bomb (this shows center for last phase)
    6. cleric mass dispell's melee/tank when they are blinded
    7. last phase everyone piles on tank and move out of bombs. Pets work overtime to kill bombs.
    8. Raid dps requirements (first bomb 10k, second bomb and third 9.5k)
    Last edited by Relanex; 06-02-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sauceage View Post
    Which bomb is causing you problems? The first or any of the following bombs?

If it is the first, you are quite a ways off from pulling enough dps and may need to run some raid rifts to get your raid equipped in epic essences.

You really should be killing the first bomb with 4-5 seconds to spare because after that bomb your odds of losing a dps each phase or having a few people get blinded before the bomb pops goes up substantially.

If you have the 4-5 second buffer on the first bomb youll still have enough dps with 1-2 dead raiders to kill subsequent bombs.
    You should have 0 deaths until the fight hits <25%. There's no reason anyone should die before this unless they disconnect.

Make sure all of your dps have at least 200 hit/focus(220 is preferable so that they never get avoided on an attack). 600 DPS can be kind of low considering that it is just about the bare minimum you can pull on that boss, make sure your dps are running optimized specs/rotations which will improve their dps greatly. Do not get hit by blinding bombs during one of the boss' transitions into dropping a bomb and make sure a healer is running an AOE cleanse for the people that did get blinded. If you do these and still can't meet the dps requirements then it is probably a gear issue. One thing that may help that I used to do in my early raids on him when our dps was lower was have me and 1 other raid member use the raid buff potions that buffed attackpower/spellpower for like 15 seconds(I don't remember the name of them sorry). Because of the cooldowns on the potions it requires 2 people at least, I used first on on first bomb, he got second and I got third.

You should have 0 deaths until the fight hits <25%. There's no reason anyone should die before this unless they disconnect.
    The credited response. If people are dying before the final phase, they need to improve their situational awareness or reduce their lag.
    Last edited by Gany; 06-02-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Shield of Telara

For some of our raid members they discovered that fight became much easier for them when they turned on low video render in their video settings. They also had an easier time when they turned off names. This being good for people with lower powered computers. The bombs show up much faster for those people and they move out of of them more reliably.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by RazorRose View Post
    14 DPS 600+ (the 600 plus is an avg with no external buffs on a training dummy)

Comments?
    From what you write you should probably run a parser during the raid and see who does too little DPS compared to other people of the same class. Then make sure everyone has a good spec and knows how to play it. Sure, the numbers will vary a bit each try and maybe the movement of one person is a bit worse but they should still be withing acceptable ranges of each other. If the DPS bars look rather linear and then there is a jump down to chloros etc. it is fine but if there is a plateau (or several steps), the people on that plateau can normally improve.

It is no use having warriors with insane DPS for example when some rogues are slacking.
    600 avg. DPS really sounds a bit low but I can't really tell for most classes. It also depends what the number you are giving us is exactly.

Also have your mages etc. time their cds. It is no good if the first bomb dies with 7 secs left and the second bomb blows you up. Some should use their cds on the first and third bomb, some on the second.

Plane Walker

what's your raid members DPS with raid buffs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast