+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A solution to appease the masses on raids.

Shadowlander

Default A solution to appease the masses on raids.

Have 2 difficulties on raid content. The first difficulty setting would be like doing regular Deepstrike Mines. The second would be like expert DSM that is not only harder but doubles the size of the dungeon.

This would be a terrible idea.

Shadowlander

How is this a terrible idea? It lets the casuals see raid content and keeps the hardcore satisfied.

Rift Chaser

I for one am glad there is no ****ty hard mode raiding in this game, back before I quit WoW, we had trial of the grand crusader, 10man normal, 10man hc, 25 man normal and 25 man hc, I have no intention of doing the same cheap *** content 2/4 times a week, would rather have slightly harder raids like sunwell, which was fun.

Rift Disciple

God I hated the concept of "hard-mode" raiding in WoW. I hope that ****ty idea never comes to this game, it takes the sense of achievement out of the game entirely.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Morlen View Post
    How is this a terrible idea? It lets the casuals see raid content and keeps the hardcore satisfied.
    Casuals can see raid content now...they can zone into GSB and ROS, can they not?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Casuals can see raid content now...they can zone into GSB and ROS, can they not?
    Exactly. Casuals can easily get down Duke Letareus in GSB. Casuals can kill all the Foci and Warmaster in RoS.
    I will admit Infiltrator Johlen is a bit hard for a casual guild, but it is doable with like 700 dps per dps'er, and it has no intensely hard mechanics. Oracle Aleria is a joke.

So we have a game in which a casual guild can probably go 3/5 GSB and 1/4 RoS + all the dark foci(3 extra epics). And even a casual guild could slowly progress on the next bosses in both instances. So please don't say this game isn't "casual friendly." Did you even play wow before WOTLK? I'm guessing not.

Rift Disciple

I am a casual player, I only dinged 44 last night.

Hard mode raiding is completely unnecessary. The setup they have now is great. The only other acceptable approch would be splitting raid tiers into multiple small raids. Although I think they appear to be a good size now.

Casual gamers have time constraints not ability constraints. If you want to see end game content, work for it, we don't need an easy mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Morlen View Post
    Because then you would get complaints about not being able to do the "expert" raid content.

Entitlement******FTW!

If I wanted to play hard modes, I'd go back to WoW. Much prefer seeing dev time spent on creating new content rather than pushing out the same content twice with the dial turned up to 11 on the second version.

Rift is getting content out considerably faster than WoW is -- partly as a result of focusing on one tier of content for all players. Let it alone.

In due course, I suppose, old content can be nerfed, and that is the proper way to make it available for casuals. This can be done after it is obsolete content and rather more easily than introducing new content in two flavors.

+ Reply to Thread