+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting Burned out fast...

Default Getting Burned out fast...

rant incoming... if you have ADHD skip to the bottom

There are only so many T2's i can stand to run, getting gear takes a RIDICULOUS amount of time since 1.2...

I've run 3-4 T2's each day since my alt got to level 50 (got to 50 right after patch 1.2)

and i'm STILL only wearing 2 dropped pieces of gear, 2 plaque items, and the rest are crafted epics that i got the day i hit 50

how does this make sense:
    it takes 5 people to do a run, and almost always there is only 1!! piece of worthwhile loot that drops in the entire instance (from last boss)

so basically, i have a 1/5 chance of getting a piece of gear per instance, and thats assuming that the boss actually drops a piece of gear that is worthwhile to roll on

the chance of the last boss dropping that piece of gear that i'm looking for is EVEN lower since ALL THE LOOT IN THE INSTANCE IS ON THE LAST BOSSES DROP TABLE

seriously thats some messed up chances of getting gear, why should i even bother doing instances? you get almost no plaques, god forbid we actually get rewarded with a drop for killing a boss

http://rift.xanadu-community.com/ite...=browse&id=113

63 peices of gear drop out of darkening deeps, all those from the last boss now, thats a 1.6% chance to get the drop that i want, ok i'll bump it up to 2% since there is a purple drop off of other bosses once in a blue moon (if im lucky)

I know the LFD system and instance nerfs were designed so that T2's are quick and easy to run, but whats the point if after running DSM 50 times in a row to get the drop you want you're sick of it and never want to go back there again? eventually, all instances will be on my "do not run" list then what? game over

TL;DR
    i mean i'll admit it, gearing was way too fast pre-1.2 but what should have been done is nerf EITHER plaques or dropped gear, NOT BOTH! now its just a pointless grind thats burning me out and pissing me off (and a lot of players that I know)

Solution: make T2's have slightly increased difficulty (not pre-1.2) and slightly increased drop rates of items to at least 2 purples per run on average, and not from the same boss and slightly increase the plaque drop rates, maybe 3 on each boss or something

Rift Disciple

Completely agree with OP, the grind has become too much for me lately, started exploring new games just to break the monotony. Please fix very soon Trion.

Plane Walker

they should've just buffed the plaque gear (like they did) and made people actually USE the majority of it (at least 1/2 of the pieces) and left it at that.

Shadowlander

Might I suggest keeping the weak trash, and making the bosses harder again? Just make sure they require a healer who is paying attention (tune them to around the difficulty of the last boss of AP, a halfway decent healer who pays attention can solo heal it, but if a group can't manage that they can always switch another character to heal/support and breeze through).

Efficiency and skill are rewarded with speed - the easy way out is slower, but easy.

Then give us the old loot tables back or the old plaque rates - although I'd rather see the dropped gear bumped to be a bit closer to equivalent to the plaque gear with the old tables, possibly even improved drop rates since they are random, and keep the plaque rewards the same. Plaques make more sense as filler, a consolation prize to mitigate bad luck - not this weird system were a purple shoulder drop makes me think 'guess I'll buy shoulders last'.

Also, as it stands getting your T2 weapon is maddening. Shoving almost all the loot onto one boss makes the chances of getting, then winning, your weapon kinda brutal - especially with no plaque replacement.
    Last edited by pestosauce; 06-02-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Shadowlander

If you are burnt out on dungeons farm rifts, do achievements, or heck go pvp some. People are getting crazy with their demands these days. You have other options and because you are concentrating on min/max your gear of course you are getting burned out because you are not even trying to enjoy the game.

Let me ask you this OP. What would you do after you got all the gear you wanted when you wanted it. The answer to that question is the answer to what you probably should do when you feel burnt out getting geared up.

Just think of it like leveling. You don't gain a level with every quest you turn in and it gets VERY redundant. Gearing = Leveling @ 50. Redundant but Trion tries to make it as enjoyable as possible. And it makes every purple an achievement.

I don't say this as superior. Just a suggestion of whats worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by pestosauce View Post
    Might I suggest keeping the weak trash, and making the bosses harder again?
    ^--- THIS x 10000000000

Yes I know, its my own fault but my mage is already max T2 geared, and doing raids on weekends and i just want to get my cleric up to that level so i can do either in the raids

i suppose what i would do if i was MAX geared would be... run dungeons for fun with guildies and PvP a little bit

im not an achievement person, i just want to kill big bosses (raids)

as it stands now though, its not fun at all, its just a huge artificial roadblock that makes it easier for idiots to do T2's but harder for the serious players to get gear

+ Reply to Thread