+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trash linked in IT @ Caor?

Telaran

Default Trash linked in IT @ Caor?

Hey guys.

Im a fairly new rogue tank with a mix of t1/t2 tanking gear self buffed to 9600 hitpoints. I've tanked IT a few times with no issues. However last night we hit a snag trying to clear the trash packs at Caor. The two groups were linked and unable to be pulled individually. Tried everything I could think of to no avail. We finally managed to just tank both groups at once and moved on. Has this happened to anyone else before? Feature or bug?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MCGusto View Post
    Hey guys.

Im a fairly new rogue tank with a mix of t1/t2 tanking gear self buffed to 9600 hitpoints. I've tanked IT a few times with no issues. However last night we hit a snag trying to clear the trash packs at Caor. The two groups were linked and unable to be pulled individually. Tried everything I could think of to no avail. We finally managed to just tank both groups at once and moved on. Has this happened to anyone else before? Feature or bug?
    You talking about the what, 2 7ish packs of little undeads there? We get both of those a lot sometimes also. Other times we get 1 pack at a time...

Unless you are referring to a different pack.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Exphryl View Post
    You talking about the what, 2 7ish packs of little undeads there? We get both of those a lot sometimes also. Other times we get 1 pack at a time...

Unless you are referring to a different pack.
    Yea talking about the non elites that Caor paths back and forth through. Never had seen them linked before. Was ugly when Caor was past the far packs of mobs. I pulled the closer pack. Everything including Caor agroed in a big chain reaction LOL.

The groups are not linked and can be pulled separately. However,the group members do meander around a bit and its very possible that two were close enough to each other to trigger two group aggro. My only other thought would be, perhaps, a misfire or reaver dot spreading to the wrong place at the wrong time?
    Ryahl MacBannon
    Calling: Warrior
    Side: Guardian Server: Greybriar
    Guild : Ohana
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

Telaran

We tried pulling via planar shifts. Running in. Shooting from ranged. Any time id get agro on any mob from the first group then the second group would come running in and agro as well. I've never had this happen prior to last night. Glad to know it was a bug or fluke.

If it happens again ill record a video.
    Last edited by MCGusto; 06-02-2011 at 07:28 AM.

Rift Disciple

Some of the mobs from the group further away chill with the closer group. If you hit any of the guys on the LEFT side (while facing them) you will pull both groups. I always aim for something on the far right.

+ Reply to Thread