+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gilded Prophecy Itemization (DPS Warriors)

Soulwalker

Question Gilded Prophecy Itemization (DPS Warriors)

Gilded Prophecy has been out for weeks now and I've noticed some disparity in the loot tables.

Anrak the Fallen: Drops a weapon for everyone: ranged rogue, melee rogue, cleric 1h, cleric 2h, mage staff, warrior tank weapon. The only archetype there is no weapon for from him is DPS warrior. Is this intentional?

Guurloth: Drops another ranged rogue weapon, a mage offhand, a tank shield, and the exact same cleric 2h hammer as Anrak. Is this really necessary? To have two bosses in a row drop items for the exact same playstyles of the exact same classes (rogue/cleric), while another spec has thus far been ignored entirely?

Thalguur: Drops a cleric tanking 1h, a mage wand, rogue tanking 1h, and another tank shield that has virtually identical stats to the tank shield from Guurloth. Again, why is this necessary? Does Thalguur really need to drop a shield virtually identical to the boss immediately before him?

Uruluuk: Drops another mage staff, a cleric wand and yet another cleric 1h. and again.

Granted the loot tables may not have been completely explored (14 items Anrak, 11 Guurloth, 12, Thalguur, 11 Uruluuk), but it is a pretty safe bet that Anrak does not drop a warrior 2h despite dropping weapons for everybody else and if one of the other bosses does the droprate is abysmally low. I would understand that if there was only one item per archetype, but there isn't. Some bosses drop a virtually identical or completely identical item to the ones right before them while another archetype/playstyle goes ignored.

Considering that a new weapon is an enormous part of a DPS warrior's ability to scale with new content it seems to make no sense to me to have the anrak and possibly gilded prophecy itself either provide no warrior 2h or have the droprate so low that other classes will get multiple raid weapons before a DPS warrior gets one. We've never seen one, or heard of someone who has seen one on our shard. I've asked people on other shards running gp and they've never seen one or heard of someone who has. There was a thread in the warrior forums asking if one drops from there and the answer so far seemed to be no.

Maybe I'm crazy and the RNG hates the warriors on my shard/other shards/everyone who uploads loot to Xanadu/ZAM/Riftjunkies/Every other Rift item indexing site and if your guild swims in gp warrior 2h's please say something, but thus far the loot tables stand as so:

Rogue: 2 DPS Bows (Anrak/Guurloth), 1 DPS Dagger (Anrak), 1 Tanking 1h (Thalguur)
    Cleric: 2 1h (Anrak/Uruluuk), 1 Tanking 1h (Thalguur), 1 Wand (Uruluuk), According to Xanadu 2 Bosses have a chance of dropping the exact same cleric 2h mace (Guurloth/Thalguur)
    Mage: 2 Staves (Anrak/Uruluuk), 1 Offhand (Guurloth), 1 Wand (Thalguur)
    Warrior: 2 Tanking Shields (Guurloth/Thalguur), 1 Tanking 1h (Anrak), 0 DPS weapons,

Ascendant

two warrior-only 2h dps relics exist.

That could be part of the reason for the loot tables.

Maybe warriors have an unfair number of dps items in the 20 mans so they toned it back in the 10 man?

and are the weapons class locked? Seems to me a dps warrior could use the "rogue" dagger and ranged weapons.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    two warrior-only 2h dps relics exist.

Maybe warriors have an unfair number of dps items in the 20 mans so they toned it back in the 10 man?
    No

But maybe nobody has found a dps weapon yet for warriors out of GP? We haven't yet, going on 4 runs of it >_<
    Last edited by Exphryl; 06-01-2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Quote Originally Posted by Exphryl View Post
    No

But maybe nobody has found a dps weapon yet for warriors out of GP? We haven't yet, going on 4 runs of it >_<
    If one exists I'll be very very surprised, the itemization in this game is absolutely terrible.

Clearing GSB for ages now and are 4/5 since launch and i honestly believe 2h DPS weapons are a myth. Most of our classes have raid weapons, clerics even have their 3complete specs raidkitted, when our warriors (granted tho, we have just 2 left) are still using the ever so terrible looking Suncrusher.

We got Warmaster's warrior 1hander 3 times now to taunt us nicely aswell.
    Last edited by Drunk Dutch; 06-01-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    MMOForums, the ideal place for frustrated young men to ventilate their own failures in the form of smirky one liners and sad attempts of insult to boos their own self esteem. A place not to be visited by the sane and left only with a permanent loss of IQ.

Just be happy this foul breed is unable to reproduce itself.

Ehm that would be 3/4 RoS, the trash has yet to drop anythign for us.
    Last edited by Drunk Dutch; 06-01-2011 at 02:51 PM.
    MMOForums, the ideal place for frustrated young men to ventilate their own failures in the form of smirky one liners and sad attempts of insult to boos their own self esteem. A place not to be visited by the sane and left only with a permanent loss of IQ.

Just be happy this foul breed is unable to reproduce itself.

I am just shocked at the idea current DPS warriors are gonna make use of a dagger for offense.

Just shocked.

Offensive Warrior itemization has been piss poor since launch.

Which is only insult to the injury of poor stat returns on plate armor, the ineffectiveness of armor rating vis-a-vis offensive capability, poor drop rates and narrow offensive specs.

If the devs want warriors to be tanks first & foremost, then cut the crap and revamp the current DPS trees to provide support 3/4.

Sick of cleric drops galore in 20/10 man raids while Warriors wait for those rogue dagger scraps.

Telaran

just be patient, its rng, I know for a fact theres a epic 2H polearm called Scourge that is a Warrior Only drop. I think it was Prince Hylas that dropped but not 100% sure, but im sure its a drop since it dropped yesterday. Greenscale boss also drops the Orange 2H relic also.

As for 10man, there could very well be a 2Her somewhere, 4 tries really doesn't cut it with seeing all the loots.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
    just be patient, its rng, I know for a fact theres a epic 2H polearm called Scourge that is a Warrior Only drop. I think it was Prince Hylas that dropped but not 100% sure, but im sure its a drop since it dropped yesterday. Greenscale boss also drops the Orange 2H relic also.

As for 10man, there could very well be a 2Her somewhere, 4 tries really doesn't cut it with seeing all the loots.
    Hah, you're a little off. Scourge is the weapon at the end of the saga quest. A 2h does drop in GSB but it's called Hunter's Pursuit and it's off the first boss (Duke).

DPS warrior itemisation is pretty damn terrible in the raid tier of this game in general. For example, there isn't a single DPS warrior plate helm that drops anywhere in any of the three zones. And half of the DPS plate that does drop is not even better than the T2 plaque gear (see Soul Cipher Chest from Plutonus).

It seems pretty ludicrous that Anrak drops a weapon for every single other class but us. Hopefully it's just bad RNG on behalf of the database sites.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ganrax View Post
    If one exists I'll be very very surprised, the itemization in this game is absolutely terrible.
    People said the EXACT same thing about WoW. Ironically, about plate/warrior dps gear specifically. I'm pretty sure Trion knows exactly how to ideally itemize gear for the classes...they made them after all. However, could it be that Trion doesn't want to pump out all items for a certain class to have perfect stats so that picking items is more of a jig-saw puzzle? It's also likely to prevent people from doing ungodly high dps. I mean...it's not like it would be difficult for Trion to only put +hit on like 5 item slots. Let you get hit capped from those 5 items alone, and then just deck everything else out in ridiculous amounts of Dexterity and Crit, with a sprinkling of AP (for a rogue). There is a reason they don't do this...

Plane Touched

That's ****ing terrible logic. There's no way they purposefully skew the loot tables so there's masses of cleric and rogue DPS loot and no warrior DPS loot. It's poor itemisation, plain and simple. They're not going to use loot drops from their top tier instances to balance classes against one another. There are far fairer and more efficient methods of balancing.

Shadowlander

There are currently only 4 raid 2handers for warriors that I'm aware of.

1) Hunter's Pursuit
    2) The Trash drop from RoS (been clearing RoS since its launch and seen 1 random weapon drop and it was.. shocker... a rogue dagger)
    3) Relic from Lord Greenscale (which i assume is still bugged so that the attack animation of the proc actually makes it a very slight increase in dps over other raid weapons)
    4) The Ugly *** Spear from the Saga Quest.
    You may be able to count the R6 weapon as #5 but i honestly don't know the stats on it.

So you have 3 of the raid weapons essentially coming from 1 zone and the other is such a low drop rate it shouldn't count as being itemized. Compare that to 1203980 rogue weaps dropping in each of the three raid zones.My guild has been lucky enough to get 4 Hunter's Pursuits, unfortunately all the warriors who received them realized how crappy our class is and quit the game.

I generally tank and have always passed on the weapons but they really need to add in a few more drops. Warrior non-weapon dps gear is basically non-existent in GSB and don't even get me started on the lack of solid accessory options for tanks compared to DPS classes.

Shadowlander

Edit: found a 2 hand axe that drops off Alsbleth. So thats #5 if you dont count the R6 weapon.

Rift Master

Too much cleric crap. Not enough warrior drops.

Seriously, Trion should take a closer look at the way they itemize their dungeons...

Why would you want anything else for DPS warrior from Hunter's Pursuit. It drops from first boss in GSB who is **** easy, and weapon is just ****ing insane. He is so much easy in fact that you would have no problem doing it with a pug if you are not in some guild with at least few non******ed players.
    Whatever they could (but most definatly will not) put in GP would be inferior to this great polearm.

Hunter's Pursuit ftw, until i get that ****ing relic from greenscale... it hasent drop even so far...****ing dragon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast