+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kaler Andrenos bugged since hotfix this morning.

Default Kaler Andrenos bugged since hotfix this morning.

Kaler Andrenos is bugged pretty bad in my instance right now.. Whomever gets the debuff, if someone is hit by it at any time they are sucked immediately to the persons ORIGINAL POSITION where they received the debuff, not pulled in to where they currently at. This is causing some MAAAAJOR problems, for example when running to the cave, can be thrown halfway across his platform and hit by the Icy Explosion.

Plane Walker

here's how to avoid it:

stay away from the person with the debuff.

im serious it's not hard....

and if people can't do that? tell everyone that if they get the debuff to get away from everyone else....

Rift Disciple

u should reread the OP

Rift Disciple

If you have everyone spread out BEFORE the ae drops, then no one gets hit, you win slightly slower, and you collect loot all the same.

It sucks, but it wasn't this morning's hotfix that did it. He did that to me a week ago.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Thesitch View Post
    If you have everyone spread out BEFORE the ae drops, then no one gets hit, you win slightly slower, and you collect loot all the same.

It sucks, but it wasn't this morning's hotfix that did it. He did that to me a week ago.
    What he said.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Still happening in my newest instance. Seems pretty random, about half the time its occurring. Just got hit by someone with the debuff when LoSing behind the big ice column. The way the fight is built it seems like you're supposed to do this (like Sindragosa in WoW). Unfortunately if you're near someone with the debuff when this happens, you're sucked to where they originally were, not where they are currently standing, so I was tossed halfway across the platform and killed.

This does not happen every time. Having done this instance 30+ times I know how the fight works and how spreading out helps. I'm just saying there is definitely a bug floating around.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Genevie View Post
    u should reread the OP
    i think YOU should re-read the OP.

notice how he says "IF a player get's hit by it..."

there's like >5 different spots to LoS the AoE.

that means EVERYONE can spread out quite far away from the everyone else and as such no-one should get pulled towards the person with the debuff. not to mention that this game has a tendency to only use effects on 1 person in a group and then repeatedly use it on that same person...

it's totally possible..

Shield of Telara

Worse case scenario just have the guy run out and die, you should have at least 1 battlerez. This shouldn't happen more than once with capable dps.

Although if you're on vent it's pretty easy to avoid, I actually think this is the only thing preventing AP from turning into a complete joke.

Champion of Telara

I used to think this fight was bugged, and then I decided to roll a ranged DPS and somehow the bug has never affected my character. I suspect people who claim it's bugged just didn't move when they have the AE, and looking at the speed it pulses, it looks like once someone pulled you in, you're not going to get out of it no matter how fast you or the other guy moved.

The fight does have serious synchronization issues, like having the iceberg disappear right as he finishes casting Icy Explosion. Maelstorm is often out of sync with his casting cycle too, and it's particularly nasty if you have a melee who has maelstorm right as he casts Icy Explosion, since the melee character has very few option on where to run that wouldn't pull other people into Icy Explosion. In a pinch going all ranged on this guy solves all issues but I feel it's overly punishing for melee.

+ Reply to Thread