+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saga of the Endless

Shadowlander

Default Saga of the Endless

So last night we downed Greenscale and only ONE quest item dropped. I remember reading something about this but this is just CRAP! After all the time you put into getting groups for the various quests and doing them in EVERY zone and defeating the end boss of an entire 20-man raid that is required for the quest item it's just CRAP! After 20 weeks of raiding you MIGHT have one if the same 20 people run it everytime not to mention if you don't have a weapon drop already you will be out of there and on to a better instance and with Hammerknell coming this is just going to get worse!

Shadowlander

Of course only one quest item drops... the epic quest chain is really easy and if more than one quest item would drop the whole guild could just loot free T3 wpn. GG.

Don't give me that "I spent all this time on the epic quest" crap, cos really, I did it, it's has not got 1 hard part.

Ascendant

Having the core quest of a game require a drop off a 20-man raid is asinine, be it 1 per raid member or just one (which is even more crass), raiding should NEVER be part of the core game, it's a peripheral activity for the minority and should stay that way.
    Last edited by Kerin; 06-01-2011 at 05:19 AM.

I used to feel the same way as the OP, but then i realized that it's not so bad, because as you kill GS, some players will get lucky and he will drop a relic weapon for them, then the people who aren't lucky with rolls (or dkp) still have a shot at getting the quest weapon

so its basically an extra "free" weapon drop from the boss

also, the number of players who want the quest item will be fewer than those wanting the relic weapons so your chances are higher, and will get higher the more runs you do (as more of your guild gets relic weapons)

i mean unless you are REALLLY unlucky... i guess someone has to get the last one

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Having the core quest of a game require a drop off a 20-man raid is asinine, be it 1 per raid member or just one (which is even more crass), raiding should NEVER be part of the core game, it's a peripheral activity for the minority and should stay that way.
    So, raiders should have 0 quests that involve them? Makes sense...oh wait no it doesn't. I was happy to see 1 whole quest invovle raids.

Rift Chaser

i still think it fail big time no matter what but thats a personal opinon.

Rift Disciple Atheos of Dimroot's Avatar

Is this the only quest in the game that drops 1 quest item despite more than one person being on the quest?

Rift Disciple

I actually think it's a good idea only one drops, after all the saga quest chain is supposed to be the longest and hardest quest chain. It really gives a sense of difficulty and achievement when you finally get one. Also what is the difference between rolling on this compared to rolling on an actual weapon, you are basically rolling for a weapon anyway.

Telaran

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Epic_Quests_by_Tier

How all epic questlines should go. Shouldnt simply be 1 drop per week over the course of 20 weeks best case scenario considering its not a guaranteed drop.

Then continue into RoS & eventually onto Hammerknell, thats another 40 weeks, so 60 weeks total to complete an epic questline.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    You are absolutely incorrect. This is exactly how epic questlines were in both EQ and EQ2 and they had something "epic" in them. How exactly is it going to be "epic" if it involves maximum 5 people. Are you familiar with the word epic? Have you read Illiad where the word came from?

I still remember the days when you saw someone with an epic weapon in EQ or EQ2 and you knew that you wouldn't probably see one yourself. Or if you did have one you felt that it was an exquisite achievement involving a lot of time, patience, effort and organization of many many people.

The end.
    Last edited by Delolith; 06-02-2011 at 02:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

+ Reply to Thread