+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: First boss in hammerknell should be...

Default First boss in hammerknell should be...

A straight dps check that actually checks dps (unlike Plutonus who can be cleared by scrubs capable of 15k raid dps). Send a clear message to the baddies/those not ready that this is not the place for you so stay in GSB/RoS. I want to see the lowest benchmark to clear the encounter at 18k.

Rift Chaser

Or maybe a dungeon that isn't based on straight damage and takes a bit more skill? Give me something that requires CC and more thought than "Must hit big thing hard!"

thats fine by all means, but the best way to keep scrubs out is heavy gear checks

Prophet of Telara

No, that's the way to keep out people who don't play as much. The way to keep out scrubs, like you, is have it require individual responsibility like Infiltrator or raid coordination like Duke :-P

I'm all for more challenging boss fights and encounters but why lock people out of content? It makes no sense, I would rather they have a boss that actually required skill to defeat i.e. have an encounter that makes use of the environment, CC so some souls can be viable, utility (Purges and heal debuffs) and coordination. Being able to press 4 buttons tops should not warrant loot.

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

DPS checks and enrage timers are the laziest way to design content to lock people out.

Sez

Anyone who uses the word "baddies" is a "baddie."

Whatever the heck that means.

L2english
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post
    DPS checks and enrage timers are the laziest way to design content to lock people out.

Yet, most of RIFT's end game content involves none of these things...

Hammerknell's first boss should be equivalent to Uruluuk's difficulty right now. Would be an amazing first encounter that would significantly slow down all forms of progress and require a few serious days of trying. Keep in mind that would be the ENTRY-level boss.
    Old school raid

pvp

ys ok sersly im so tired of noobs cming in my raids... plz make it so boss needs big numbers and we can jst do it with fire mages and no stupid noob class.. We keep get stupid rowge shoot twigs and stab with teeny dager... make it so only good ppl can come plz

Rift Disciple

Personally Id like to see the gear/competence check happen in the first room of the dungeon and drop no loot.

Make it an event that you have to manage to survive to enter the rest of the dungeon. Make it have multiple different types of phases.

Start off with a single big guardian that hits like a God (strictly tank n spank gear check for tanks).

As soon as he dies the raid gets rushed by 4-5 mobs that hit less on a single target but do a lot of raid wide effects that require a lot of movement/coordination.

Finish it all with a straight dps check. Have a single mob spawn that slowly moves from one side of the room to the other. If it reaches the otherside an alarm sounds and an endless wave of adds come poring into the room.

if you successfully complete the event you get a key for each person in the raid that can disable that event going forward. Make it so you have to have at least 15 people with the key click an orb in the entrance to disarm the event. Once its disarmed everyone in the raid is locked to that raid for the week.

This would prevent bringing in people from other guilds to skip the event and then have them leave.
    Every so often words are spoken that alter the course of our lives....

Well..my money dont lag, my money dont are nerfed, my money dont are bug, now Trion equlibrate souls or give me my money back!

- Greegan

I would be all for this if it wasn't for the fact that if the entry level boss is hard everyone will cry and trion will stoop to their low an nerf it through the floor so it will become easier than 1St boss of ROS. And the fact that it forces cookie cutter specs on EVERYONE.

Make the first boss have a mechanic that doesn't consist of your entire screen being filled with "its your turn to move so we don't all die!" first r2's get nerfed, then they choose to display text instantly to make it even easier to see some mechanics. it's only a matter of time before people start 5manning GSB.

awesome idea, all boss should be a meridian dummy. you can easaly do 10 boss like this. each time you have 10 sec less to kill it.

Nice idea, but any encounter that takes over 2 days to clear is nerfed into oblivion.

Remember spending a month on a fight to get 1 piece of loot.. or waiting a month to get that one item you've been pining over?

Won't ever happen again. Generation Now rules the mmo world.

Ascendant

id prefer we didnt make more content that can only be completed by <insert single cookiecutter raid comp here> but instead added some unique diversity to setups.

Anyone remember magisters terrace 2nd to last boss in WoW? the "5 man arena team" of mobs with no aggro tables, randomly generated except for the priestess.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by traxex View Post
    thats fine by all means, but the best way to keep scrubs out is heavy gear checks
    Are you stupid? Anyone able to kill plutonus is able to get the gear for "heavy gear checks".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast